LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: March 13, 2020, 12:58 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Samurai Bucky said:
I heard that there were people that bought up as much of the toilet paper supply as they could. They were spotted in Germantown trying to sell it. It is believed they were from some of the inner sections of Milwaukee.

Whether or not this is true it's laughably stupid. If I run out I will wipe my rear with a cloth and machine wash the cloth. My kids were in cloth diapers and we survived basically that way for a long time.

Or just jump in the shower or something. My wife and I were low on TP earlier this week and we kinda kept putting it off. She went out last night to get some and she bought the last rolls in town from a local Kwik Trip. She got 6 rolls. The lady working said people have been coming from Madison(about 30-45 min) because there is none there.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: March 13, 2020, 1:03 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Samurai Bucky said:
I heard that there were people that bought up as much of the toilet paper supply as they could. They were spotted in Germantown trying to sell it. It is believed they were from some of the inner sections of Milwaukee.

Whether or not this is true it's laughably stupid. If I run out I will wipe my rear with a cloth and machine wash the cloth. My kids were in cloth diapers and we survived basically that way for a long time.

Or just jump in the shower or something. My wife and I were low on TP earlier this week and we kinda kept putting it off. She went out last night to get some and she bought the last rolls in town from a local Kwik Trip. She got 6 rolls. The lady working said people have been coming from Madison(about 30-45 min) because there is none there.

Well, at least your neighbor Karen has 400 rolls she binge-bought/hoarded on Tuesday in her closet all ready to go.

The lesson in all this - people can be pretty terrible.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 1:28 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:

Well, at least your neighbor Karen has 400 rolls she binge-bought/hoarded on Tuesday in her closet all ready to go.

Ha. I am actually concerned for my neighbor. She is an elderly lady that lives by herself(husband just passed). This entire situation just stinks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 6:16 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
Ron Robinson's Beard said:

Ha. I am actually concerned for my neighbor. She is an elderly lady that lives by herself(husband just passed). This entire situation just stinks.

If you guys or that lady get short, shoot me a text and I can spare a few rolls.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 6:57 PM Post
I already want to puke whenever I hear the term "social distancing."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 14, 2020, 7:10 AM Post
I always have a about year’s worth of paper products on hand because I’m pretty frugal and stock up when Target runs their ‘Free $15 Gift Card with $50 Purchase of Household Products deal.’ That being said, I have no idea why people want to be able to wipe their butts for 5 years when they probably only have enough food to last 2 weeks. Mob mentality, I guess?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: March 14, 2020, 7:51 AM Post
Global Moderator
nodakfan17 said:
That being said, I have no idea why people want to be able to wipe their butts for 5 years when they probably only have enough food to last 2 weeks. Mob mentality, I guess?

Such a good point. Quarantine is 14 days, not a year. I hope these people enjoy storing the 700 roles of TP in their garage for the next several months.

The TP thing in general is silly too. Do you own a shower and a washcloth? Problem solved, if you run out.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 14, 2020, 8:08 AM Post
I think the concept is not leaving your house, period. I don’t think it is about the 14 day period. Of course are people hoarding 2 months of TP actually not leaving their house? I doubt it. Flattering to think Americans care about having to quarantine. Probably hundreds with COVID-19 symptoms walking around because they don’t care. People are pretty selfish.

The media is why it is a problem though. Make a news story about one store running out of TP and everyone panics to go get some before their store has the same fate. My small town has a full aisle of TP and the store is like any other day of the year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 14, 2020, 8:40 AM Post
MrTPlush said:

The media is why it is a problem though.

If this blows over in a couple weeks you can bank on "Did America overreact?" headlines while they pretend they played no role.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 14, 2020, 10:11 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
MrTPlush said:

The media is why it is a problem though.

If this blows over in a couple weeks you can bank on "Did America overreact?" headlines while they pretend they played no role.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought it was the first snowstorm of the season in Wisconsin... there is never any overreaction there...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 14, 2020, 7:48 PM Post
If price gouging were to be legal it would fix this problem. No one is going to be buying toilet paper at $10 a roll. Price gouging allows for the market to self correct but we can't have that!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: March 14, 2020, 8:11 PM Post
Global Moderator
But people ARE paying crazy prices for stuff. There were bottles of hand sanitizer selling for $80 before Amazon pulled the plug.....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 14, 2020, 11:57 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
But people ARE paying crazy prices for stuff. There were bottles of hand sanitizer selling for $80 before Amazon pulled the plug.....

Yes but at some point the price becomes to high and less and less people buy. Once the stock refills you gradually bring down the price to meet demand.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 6:20 AM Post
I read an article yesterday about some jerk in Tennessee who drove around Tennessee and Kentucky with a U-Haul and bought 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer to resell online at an obscene profit. I don’t have a problem with someone selling their existing surplus items for whatever price the market bares, but hoarding hand sanitizer during a public health crisis is just next level idiocy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 8:41 AM Post
Global Moderator
nate82 said:
PeaveyFury said:

Yes but at some point the price becomes to high and less and less people buy. Once the stock refills you gradually bring down the price to meet demand.

I'm really not sure this is true, as I think there is some crazy, silly desperation out there. For all of the people out there who stupidly think this is no big deal, there seem to be a lot of people that also think this is a 'Walking Dead'-type end of days event for some reason.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 8:42 AM Post
nodakfan17 said:
I read an article yesterday about some jerk in Tennessee who drove around Tennessee and Kentucky with a U-Haul and bought 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer to resell online at an obscene profit. I don’t have a problem with someone selling their existing surplus items for whatever price the market bares, but hoarding hand sanitizer during a public health crisis is just next level idiocy.

I read that article. He was disgusting. His excuse was that the price was so high because after amazon took their cut and shipping the cost for him to get it to the buyer justified the high price. He claimed he was doing a public service by taking these supplies from the back woods areas and selling them to people who needed them. Such mental gymnastics to validate taking advantage of despite people in a crisis.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 11:58 AM Post
Normally I try and have a Casaer salad today but not sure I can accomplish that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 12:20 PM Post
Went to the store to get toilet paper today and had to settle exchanging my $20 bill for 20 $1 bills. At least I'm good for a few days.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 18, 2020, 7:20 AM Post
stalton said:
Normally I try and have a Casaer salad today but not sure I can accomplish that.

I know it is late...

Did you "Beware the Ides of March?" Et tu Stalton...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 18, 2020, 10:41 AM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
stalton said:

I know it is late...

Did you "Beware the Ides of March?" Et tu Stalton...

Sadly I did no such bewaring.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply