LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  [ 199 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: March 18, 2020, 10:51 AM Post
stalton said:
Samurai Bucky said:
stalton said:
Normally I try and have a Casaer salad today but not sure I can accomplish that.

I know it is late...

Did you "Beware the Ides of March?" Et tu Stalton...

Sadly I did no such bewaring.

... then fall Caesar... [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: March 18, 2020, 7:27 PM Post
In other weird randomness, I'm reading a book about shame and it talks about the shame people might have........in public, trying to unobtrusively ease pressure in your bowels and audibly pass gas instead.

I'm sorry if this makes me rude but I had to laugh at the wording and not just saying farting in front of somebody.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: March 18, 2020, 7:35 PM Post
Global Moderator
JosephC said:
I already want to puke whenever I hear the term "social distancing."

Just make sure you are six feet from another person when you yak.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: March 20, 2020, 1:42 PM Post
Global Moderator
I forgot how much I liked diced potatoes fried in a cast iron pan.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 22, 2020, 6:14 PM Post
Replacing ice makers isn't all that hard...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 23, 2020, 3:08 PM Post
Samurai Bucky said:

... and then it still doesn't work. ***?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 23, 2020, 4:23 PM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
Samurai Bucky said:

We have had problems with the water line freezing. Fortunately after the ice maker so we still get ice, but no water. Our only fix (which was temporary) was to remove everything and let the line thaw out.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 23, 2020, 6:54 PM Post
homer said:
I forgot how much I liked diced potatoes fried in a cast iron pan.

I fry 3 pieces of bacon, then add an equal portion of potatoes and onions fried in a skillet! Great side dish!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 23, 2020, 8:21 PM Post
Frank Turner Fan said:
Samurai Bucky said:
Samurai Bucky said:

We have had problems with the water line freezing. Fortunately after the ice maker so we still get ice, but no water. Our only fix (which was temporary) was to remove everything and let the line thaw out.

I had a refrigerator that did that. Most of my neighbors in the condo development had the same refrigerator and the same problem. Likely an issue with insulation in the door. Two fixes: 1) run some heavy fishing line or similar down the water dispenser tube, and when it freezes pull the fishing line to break up the ice; 2) take a hair dryer to the water dispenser in the door on high for 5 minutes or so. You shouldn't have to remove everything and let it thaw.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 25, 2020, 11:00 AM Post
Frank Turner Fan said:
Samurai Bucky said:
Samurai Bucky said:

I had checked the water line -- we were all good there.
I have noticed that the freezer and the refrigerator have been "warmer" lately. Condenser may be failing. We have been looking for a new unit, but nobody will do an install with COVID-19 issues. We turned down the temperature and it seems to be running ok for now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 28, 2020, 12:41 PM Post
I’m picking up groceries from Pick n Save this afternoon that I ordered online earlier in the week. They bring them to your car. This is my first time ordering online. What’s the tipping situation? Leaning toward yes (maybe $2?). I also don’t want to offend someone if this is not customary.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 28, 2020, 1:58 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
I’m picking up groceries from Pick n Save this afternoon that I ordered online earlier in the week. They bring them to your car. This is my first time ordering online. What’s the tipping situation? Leaning toward yes (maybe $2?). I also don’t want to offend someone if this is not customary.

From the FAQ section on Pick N Save's website:

Are tips accepted for Pickup?
While the gesture is appreciated, our associates do not accept tips.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 28, 2020, 2:01 PM Post
Thanks!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 28, 2020, 2:37 PM Post
Yup, do not tip those people anywhere. Target etc. also do not allow it as well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 28, 2020, 2:51 PM Post
It would be a real shame to see those folks take home some hazard pay.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 28, 2020, 4:51 PM Post
A friend of mine once tipped a kid at a grocery store (that didn't allow tips) by dropping a $5 on the ground, and telling the kid, "pick it up, or someone else will..." then walked away... The kid picked it up and gave my buddy a thumbs up.

Would the store fire him for that? I hope not... I mean, he was forced to either pick it up, or leave it for someone else, like my buddy said...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 28, 2020, 6:00 PM Post
I worked in a grocery store in the early 80's. We were not allowed to take tips. One day I helped an elderly lady take her groceries to her car. When we got there someone had parked about 6 inches away from her driver's side door. I got her keys and got in on the passenger side and slid across to the drivers side and moved the car so she could get in. She wanted to tip me, and I tried to decline it, but you can only say no so many times. So I eventually give in, take her dollar and head back into the store only to find the store manager was watching the whole thing. I thought I was in trouble, but he understood. I forget his exact words, but something along the lines of interesting customer service. So while it is policy, I am pretty sure an employee would not get in trouble, especially if he/she initially tried to decline a tip.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 28, 2020, 9:27 PM Post
Why aren't drive-in movie theaters making a huge comeback right now?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2020, 11:20 AM Post
Follow up:

Ended up buying a fridge. They dropped it off and we had to install it. Darn heavy.

Dump not open yet. Old one sitting at the back of the house.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  [ 199 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply