LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 250 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: April 05, 2020, 5:39 PM Post
I saw that on fb already. Solved it already.

Answer
[Show] Spoiler

Showing my work.
[Show] Spoiler
First and second clue says 1 correct number each first in the right spot and second in the wrong spot. Since 6 is in both clues in the same spot, that eliminates 6 as an option. Now we need more info so we move to the third clue. 206 with 2 in it but incorrect spots. We already know 6 isnt an option so that leaves 2 and 0 as 2 of the numbers. We remember there being a 2 in the first clue and it being in the correct spot so the answer is xx2. Back to the third clue we know 0 is one of them but being in the wrong spot it cant be the middle and since 2 is the last number that means it's the first so our answer is now 0x2. Which brings us back to the second clue. It doesnt contain a 0 or 2 so the third number we need is in there. 614. We already know it's not 6. The number in there is in the wrong spot and since we are looking for the middle number that eliminates 1 as well leaving 4 and giving us the correct answer of 042. #hitchhikersguidetothegalaxy

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: April 05, 2020, 6:43 PM Post
You are correct sir! My process was a little different working through it but same answer.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 08, 2020, 6:32 PM Post
According to Jim ran from 2001-2009 on ABC, but it really feels like a 90s sitcom.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2020, 8:15 AM Post
Saw this on Sports Illustrated today.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/0 ... lds-photos

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 13, 2020, 8:37 PM Post
Are the engines in Thomas the Tank Engine autonomous? In the early shows they had drivers and there were references to the drivers putting on the brakes or making them go faster, etc. Now that they are CGI (which is horrible by the way), the humans are only there to wash them or fill them up with water and the engines seem to be able to do whatever they want.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2020, 6:31 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Are the engines in Thomas the Tank Engine autonomous? In the early shows they had drivers and there were references to the drivers putting on the brakes or making them go faster, etc. Now that they are CGI (which is horrible by the way), the humans are only there to wash them or fill them up with water and the engines seem to be able to do whatever they want.

Isn't that basically how Skynet first gained power?

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2020, 11:14 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

Gordon is Megatron and Percy is Optimus Prime. Book it...

One thing's for sure... don't trust that Sir Topham Hatt guy... nothing but trouble.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2020, 6:05 PM Post
Can we find a better way to support high school seniors than sharing our graduation photos?

How is this supportive? "Hi! Sorry you're not getting a normal senior year because of COVID-19, but I did! Check out my photo from it!"

What high school senior would see these and be super appreciative of it?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2020, 6:31 PM Post
Graduation ceremonies suck anyways. There are plenty of things that people are missing out on that really stink to miss, but graduation? Be glad you don't have to sit around for hours in a ridiculous costume.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2020, 6:36 PM Post
AKCheesehead said:
Graduation ceremonies suck anyways. There are plenty of things that people are missing out on that really stink to miss, but graduation? Be glad you don't have to sit around for hours in a ridiculous costume.

I don't think anyone is that concerned about missing their graduation ceremony, except probably the valedictorians and salutatorians.

But prom, graduation parties, all those other experiences as a senior, yeah that's a lot of memories to miss out on.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2020, 6:50 PM Post
Right, those are some of the things I was referring to that stink to miss. Not to mention final athletic seasons.

I've heard some people fretting over graduations, which I don't get.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2020, 8:59 PM Post
I teach high school, and believe me, there are a lot of Seniors who want that graduation ceremony, which comes with parties, and connecting with family members they may have not seen for years. I get what you guys are saying, but there are a lot of kids out there that think that the graduation ceremony is important, and don't want to miss out on that.

Sports seasons are a huge loss too, I think for the kids who trained and prepared for their sports seasons, this might be the biggest loss of all.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2020, 7:04 AM Post
Agree Turborickey. I coach high school football and track and field. My phone is blowing up every day from my athletes asking about what is going to happen with their season. The WIAA is taking a wait and see approach but I am getting to the point where they need to make a call for the sanity of everyone. We are still doing practices every day virtually, and actually the athletes are really engaged in it, but I can tell they really just want to have a decision made.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2020, 8:41 AM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:
I teach high school, and believe me, there are a lot of Seniors who want that graduation ceremony, which comes with parties, and connecting with family members they may have not seen for years. I get what you guys are saying, but there are a lot of kids out there that think that the graduation ceremony is important, and don't want to miss out on that.

Sports seasons are a huge loss too, I think for the kids who trained and prepared for their sports seasons, this might be the biggest loss of all.

I agree on both accounts. Graduation is not really that big of a deal for high school to me personally, but my focus was always on college and that graduation was much more special to me personally. My family was all into my high school graduation and I also imagine that is similar for a lot of people. Especially when you consider the circumstances of some families. The student may have triumphed over some personal issues, first in family to graduate high school, etc. I would like to see something done for the seniors and families that want one.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2020, 9:11 AM Post
AmFamFan said:
Agree Turborickey. I coach high school football and track and field. My phone is blowing up every day from my athletes asking about what is going to happen with their season. The WIAA is taking a wait and see approach but I am getting to the point where they need to make a call for the sanity of everyone. We are still doing practices every day virtually, and actually the athletes are really engaged in it, but I can tell they really just want to have a decision made.

There will be no spring sports this year. I don't know how anyone could think that there is a possibility that they might happen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2020, 11:38 AM Post
The WIAA isn’t going to cancel first. They need Evers to continue the Stay at Home and then they can ultimately make their call to cancel the season. In the slim chance that Evers allows students back to school by May 1, you have a good shot at a month long spring season.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2020, 11:46 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
AmFamFan said:

There will be no spring sports this year. I don't know how anyone could think that there is a possibility that they might happen.

We were told to plan a short conference schedule with the tournament series to follow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2020, 11:59 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
AmFamFan said:

We were told to plan a short conference schedule with the tournament series to follow.

When schools were closed (however long ago that was) our AD emailed all the coaches about when we could potentially start back up and saying WIAA rules say you have to have 7 practices before your first competition. So even if school open May 1, that first week plus a day or two will be practice which basically gives you three weeks for a season. Track might be able to do it since the weather won't effect it quite as much but baseball and softball are totally weather dependent. May can give you some dry weather but a few rainy days and you've wiped out half of your already shortened season. Something is better than nothing but is a 4 or 5 game season really worth it? I supposed you could push the season a few weeks into June but there's been zero support for doing that in all my years of coaching.

All that is irrelevant though since there's no way schools will be opening anymore this school year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2020, 12:13 PM Post
It's a dirty, rotten shame for kids of all ages to have to be going through this - the longterm impact of disrupting their routines, scholastic development, and preventing them from socializing and participating in their hobbies/interests is a vastly underestimated side effect of the measures we are putting ourselves through, IMO. It's one of those impacts that doesn't carry an easily quantifiable dollar value or physical health statistic with it, but it's devastating for other reasons that are probably longer lasting because it will impact the rest of their life.

I consider myself fortunate to be a few decades removed from my high school/collegiate years so I'm not dealing with this personally as a young adult, and have kids who are young enough to hopefully avoid significant disruption in their lives because they are at the start of elementary school. That said, I can see how hard it is for my 1st grader to not have public gymnastics/swimming activities or not have the ability to see her friends in person at school and not get that socialization with her peers. It's got to be much worse for people on the edge of adulthood basically getting their lives shut down.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2020, 3:13 PM Post

When schools were closed (however long ago that was) our AD emailed all the coaches about when we could potentially start back up and saying WIAA rules say you have to have 7 practices before your first competition.

We only need 4 practices before our first competition. You are right though, the spring season stinks for weather. I can't imagine we are going back either, but my principal just told us today Evers has a meeting tomorrow(or something soon) where they will advise the next steps. I will be shocked if we are able to have a season at all as well.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 250 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply