LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 250 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: April 15, 2020, 6:30 PM Post
They could always lift the rule for the number of practices before a competition. Doubtful on that too but ya never know.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: April 22, 2020, 4:17 PM Post
Why is getting on a plane early an important thing and even an indicator of class and status?

Everyone on the plane quite literally departs the airport and arrives at the destination at the same exact time.

Everyone needs to wait. Why is it better to wait in a plane than in a concourse?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 22, 2020, 5:11 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
Why is getting on a plane early an important thing and even an indicator of class and status?

Everyone on the plane quite literally departs the airport and arrives at the destination at the same exact time.

Everyone needs to wait. Why is it better to wait in a plane than in a concourse?

I agree, but I can't help think that this was a problem limited to the Before Times. I assume I'll be paying at least double what I did previously to fly in the future and doing it far less often than before.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: April 22, 2020, 5:22 PM Post
Being in the front of the plane is more important imo. Means you get off waaaaay faster.

That being said getting on earlier is only really important if you are really determined to have your carry on not checked under any circumstances.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 22, 2020, 5:25 PM Post
In a perfect world: last on, first off.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: April 22, 2020, 6:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
They should let you board and deplane from both the front and back doors.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 22, 2020, 7:08 PM Post
homer said:

Sometimes we get to deplane from both ends when arriving in Bethel. No idea why it isn't all the time here, since there's no jetway or anything, just movable steps. When the plane I'm on lands, I want out of it ASAP. I hate flying into O'Hare because after you land you taxi for 20 minutes, and then usually spend another 20 minutes in the penalty box waiting for a gate to be available to deplane.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 22, 2020, 7:16 PM Post
adambr2 said:

It's important because the overhead bins get full and the people who paid the most (for the flight and over time with that airline) then get screwed out of overhead space. Also, you are sitting in your seat (getting served drinks in first class) instead of standing in the jetway waiting for clueless people trying to figure out where their seat is, who in the family is taking what seat, trying to stuff a way-bigger-than-allowed bag into the overhead.
homer said:

I've done that a few times on Jet Blue at the Long Beach airport. At smaller airports, not much of a security/safety risk. At larger airports, a much bigger safety/security risk.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 23, 2020, 2:05 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
Being in the front of the plane is more important imo. Means you get off waaaaay faster.

That being said getting on earlier is only really important if you are really determined to have your carry on not checked under any circumstances.

Exactly.

Not a problem anymore though, nobody is going to be flying a full airplane for a long time!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 23, 2020, 2:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
LouisEly said:
homer said:

I've done that a few times on Jet Blue at the Long Beach airport. At smaller airports, not much of a security/safety risk. At larger airports, a much bigger safety/security risk.

Yeah they'd have to get new jetways.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 23, 2020, 2:42 PM Post
When I rub my eyes I see the kitchen floor from my Grandma's house when I was a kid.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2020, 6:38 AM Post
Global Moderator
The article of clothing that deserves much more affection and appreciation?

The Heavyweight 100% Cotton Long Sleeved T-Shirt.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2020, 8:47 AM Post
JimH5 said:

No, it deserves what it gets because it NEVER has long enough sleeves.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2020, 9:16 AM Post
Global Moderator
LouisEly said:
JimH5 said:

Are you a primate? Mine fit perfectly and I think I'd like to wear them 365 days a year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2020, 9:41 AM Post
Global Moderator
I've never had a problem.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2020, 10:05 AM Post
I cannot stand cotton shirts. I basically only use tri-blend shirts these days. However, I cannot stand things 'touching' me and cotton generally is tighter and tougher on the skin to me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2020, 12:18 PM Post
JimH5 said:

agreed, love them!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2020, 3:03 PM Post
JimH5 said:
Are you a primate? Mine fit perfectly and I think I'd like to wear them 365 days a year.

Are you a Tyrannosaurus Rex?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2020, 5:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
Funny, Louis!

I've had good luck with Gildan and Jockey. Maybe it helps that I'm an XL and I don't have enormous biceps to pull the sleeves up.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 18, 2020, 4:08 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
LouisEly said:
JimH5 said:

Counterpoint: The sleeves are ALWAYS comically long on me.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 250 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply