LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 250 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: May 18, 2020, 11:13 PM Post
Global Moderator
hawing said:
LouisEly said:
JimH5 said:
The article of clothing that deserves much more affection and appreciation?

The Heavyweight 100% Cotton Long Sleeved T-Shirt.

No, it deserves what it gets because it NEVER has long enough sleeves.

Counterpoint: The sleeves are ALWAYS comically long on me.

I am lucky to be sized accordingly. My sleeves cover my wrists and no further. I can wash the dishes without them getting wet. Team Jim with the victory!

As for the tri blend shirts that stout mentioned above, I'm glad to leave those on the rack for the rest of you. They are often too thin and clingy, or they are cut for a fitter, younger person.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: May 19, 2020, 10:50 AM Post
JimH5 said:
hawing said:
Counterpoint: The sleeves are ALWAYS comically long on me.

I am lucky to be sized accordingly. My sleeves cover my wrists and no further. I can wash the dishes without them getting wet. Team Jim with the victory!

As for the tri blend shirts that stout mentioned above, I'm glad to leave those on the rack for the rest of you. They are often too thin and clingy, or they are cut for a fitter, younger person.

On a similar note, why are there long-sleeve shirts / tops that have thumb holes?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2020, 11:41 AM Post
Not to derail the random thoughts thread, but....

...is it just me, or are people way too in to the idea of making bread lately?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: May 19, 2020, 12:16 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
bjkrautk said:

What, you don't have a sourdough starter yet? /s

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2020, 8:21 PM Post
bjkrautk said:

My one shamefull incidence of hoarding during the pandemic was bread related. I was picking up groceries, my wife asked for yeast to make bread of some sort. Of course, I couldn't find it so I asked an employee and he said he didn't think they had any left. Turns out they had 6 (whatever the unit measure of yeast is) and he said I should get them while I could. I succumbed to the hysteria and bought all 6. This was 6 weeks ago and we haven't used one [tired]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2020, 9:42 PM Post
Long sleeve Ts are fascinating. I have a couple that fit everywhere perfectly. Better than 90% of any other type of shirt I own. Then there are others where the cuffs go past my fingertips with room to spare. Yet they barely go past my waist. Some mad scientist at work here.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2020, 12:04 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Long sleeve Ts are fascinating. I have a couple that fit everywhere perfectly. Better than 90% of any other type of shirt I own. Then there are others where the cuffs go past my fingertips with room to spare. Yet they barely go past my waist. Some mad scientist at work here.

My wife is a tech designer for Kohl's. She would tell you that was a bad tech design. Ha

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 21, 2020, 10:22 AM Post
Because the bacteria has time to break down the gluten, a lot of celiac people can eat sourdough. Also sourdough bread doesn't spike the blood sugar as much as regular bread does.

Sourdough ties to urban homesteading, which ties to a lot of the hipster stuff that has taken off lately. Not saying that to knock it, as I like a lot of that sorta stuff. Used to use a lot of it for programs at my park, too. I've done classes on sourdough, shrub, kraut and kimchi. Fermenting meats proved too expensive. But making my own cocktail bitters may be next.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 21, 2020, 3:08 PM Post
This Monday will be the first day I will not have to work since mid March. Which should give me enough time to clean the house, mow the lawn, plant the garden, fix the broken lattice on the trellis, brush the dog and paint the porch.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 21, 2020, 9:22 PM Post
Thurston Fluff said:
This Monday will be the first day I will not have to work since mid March. Which should give me enough time to clean the house, mow the lawn, plant the garden, fix the broken lattice on the trellis, brush the dog and paint the porch.

Sorry to break it to ya. It's probably going to rain.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 250 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply