LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next  [ 198 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Author Message
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#41

Posted: January 09, 2020, 11:57 AM Post
Posts: 3691
How do you know you don't care for it if you've never tried it?

The smell and the look of it. You have never known you wont like something by just looking at it or smelling it? Weird thing to question.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#42

Posted: January 09, 2020, 12:07 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 11801
turborickey said:
homer said:
I just watched a documentary on Rush shot in 2010. All three of them are absolute virtuosos on their respective instruments (Geddy on two). Their first big tour was opening for Kiss. Geddy had nothing but good things to say about them. Gene Simmons made fun of them for not partying at all.



Interesting since the world knows that Gene Simmons is not, and has never been a partier himself. His party has always been women. He doesn't drink or do drugs, and never has.


I never mentioned drugs or alcohol. He was referring to women.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#43

Posted: January 09, 2020, 12:07 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 11801
stoutdude04 said:
How do you know you don't care for it if you've never tried it?

The smell and the look of it. You have never known you wont like something by just looking at it or smelling it? Weird thing to question.


Yes and sometimes I try that thing and realize I was wrong. Oysters for example.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#44

Posted: January 09, 2020, 12:42 PM Post
Posts: 3691
homer said:
stoutdude04 said:
How do you know you don't care for it if you've never tried it?

The smell and the look of it. You have never known you wont like something by just looking at it or smelling it? Weird thing to question.


Yes and sometimes I try that thing and realize I was wrong.


Yep, and sometimes we don't because we know we'll be correct. I have no desire to go swim in the middle of the ocean either and I will never try it.

Your question made it seem like you took issue with the fact that I have no desire to even try coffee. Just seemed like a weird thing to question.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#45

Posted: January 09, 2020, 1:16 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 11801
stoutdude04 said:
homer said:
stoutdude04 said:
How do you know you don't care for it if you've never tried it?

The smell and the look of it. You have never known you wont like something by just looking at it or smelling it? Weird thing to question.


Yes and sometimes I try that thing and realize I was wrong.


Yep, and sometimes we don't because we know we'll be correct. I have no desire to go swim in the middle of the ocean either and I will never try it.

Your question made it seem like you took issue with the fact that I have no desire to even try coffee. Just seemed like a weird thing to question.


Well you could die swimming in the middle of the ocean. Taking a few sips of coffee won't kill you (unless you are married to this guy: https://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-man- ... d=64725401). Not trying it seems weird to me. Different strokes for each of us.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#46

Posted: January 09, 2020, 1:19 PM Post
Posts: 3691
homer said:

Well you could die swimming in the middle of the ocean. Taking a few sips of coffee won't kill you (unless you are married to this guy: https://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-man- ... d=64725401). Not trying it seems weird to me. Different strokes for each of us.


Right on. I really dislike black foods and drinks, however irrational. I suppose if I did try it I would have to load up the cream and sugar.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#47

Posted: January 09, 2020, 1:29 PM Post
Posts: 13047
To me coffee is an acquired taste much like beer, tea, liquor, etc. And I am talking actual coffee that isn't loaded with cream/sugar...cause that is hardly a coffee taste then. I thought coffee was a putrid taste, but after you drink it a bit you are used to it. I don't necessarily like the taste, but it is drinkable now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#48

Posted: January 09, 2020, 1:29 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 590
stoutdude04 said:
homer said:

Well you could die swimming in the middle of the ocean. Taking a few sips of coffee won't kill you (unless you are married to this guy: https://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-man- ... d=64725401). Not trying it seems weird to me. Different strokes for each of us.


Right on. I really dislike black foods and drinks, however irrational. I suppose if I did try it I would have to load up the cream and sugar.

I never saw the point of drinking black coffee either. To me it just tasted like flavorless hot water. It's not really something that's going to offend your tastebuds, more likely it will just leave you severely underwhelmed by any of your expectations.

Coffee flavored foods (like tiramisu) are a totally different story, there you can taste what coffee generally tastes like.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#49

Posted: January 09, 2020, 1:35 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5523
MrTPlush said:
To me coffee is an acquired taste much like beer, tea, liquor, etc. And I am talking actual coffee that isn't loaded with cream/sugar...cause that is hardly a coffee taste then. I thought coffee was a putrid taste, but after you drink it a bit you are used to it. I don't necessarily like the taste, but it is drinkable now.


It is. However, the Great Value/McCafe/Dunkin bag that you get at the grocery store is just nothing at all like getting a genuine roast from a farm or a legit cafe that knows what they're doing. Don't get me wrong, the former is what I drink 99% of the time. But when I'm on vacation and get the good stuff somewhere, you realize most of what we're drinking is not really coffee.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#50

Posted: January 09, 2020, 1:35 PM Post
Posts: 5119
Location: Madison, WI
I re-tried coffee about 4 years ago. As I think some said, it's an acquired taste and of course people's tastes change so I figured I should give it another chance. Same, hated the 3-4 I tasted. I guess I did taste a few on a trip to New Zealand a few months as my friends are coffee people, yea didn't like any of it. Which reminds me of the really the main point, essentially every morning on that trip had to revolve around 'needing' coffee. Which of course was not a big deal as we usually had nothing urgent to do but still. So, yea I don't think I'll change.


Last edited by tmwiese55 on January 09, 2020, 3:07 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#51

Posted: January 09, 2020, 2:40 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 734
Perhaps my dislike of coffee came when I was 8 years old:

Great Grandmother: "Hey... would you like some hot chocolate?"

Little Samurai: "This isn't hot chocolate! YUCK!"


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#52

Posted: January 09, 2020, 2:58 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 11155
homer said:
Not trying it seems weird to me. Different strokes for each of us.


I've never tried it either, not one single time. I know others, who like me, have also never tried it.

Not that weird to us...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#53

Posted: January 09, 2020, 3:03 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 11801
turborickey said:
homer said:
Not trying it seems weird to me. Different strokes for each of us.


I've never tried it either, not one single time. I know others, who like me, have also never tried it.

Not that weird to us...


Cool. I am happy for you and others like you. The issue was someone saying they didn't like something they had never tried.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#54

Posted: January 09, 2020, 5:59 PM Post
Posts: 3691
homer said:
turborickey said:
homer said:
Not trying it seems weird to me. Different strokes for each of us.


I've never tried it either, not one single time. I know others, who like me, have also never tried it.

Not that weird to us...


Cool. I am happy for you and others like you. The issue was someone saying they didn't like something they had never tried.


Again, I think people can dislike something without trying it.

Many people dislike rollercoasters but have never tried them.

Edit: Also, I never said I dislike it. I said I dont care for it. Which I suppose is not liking it. Regardless, it doesnt seem odd to me.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#55

Posted: January 09, 2020, 7:05 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 11155
homer said:
turborickey said:
homer said:
Not trying it seems weird to me. Different strokes for each of us.


I've never tried it either, not one single time. I know others, who like me, have also never tried it.

Not that weird to us...


Cool. I am happy for you and others like you. The issue was someone saying they didn't like something they had never tried.


Uh huh, but if that is the issue, then why say it's weird to not try it?

Doesn't really matter, and I really don't care one way or the other, but I don't think it's that weird to not try coffee.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#56

Posted: January 09, 2020, 7:19 PM Post
Posts: 8199
Coffee is a taste I can’t stand. It’s awkward, because I love the smell of grinds and of brewing. But coffee or mocha flavoring tastes terrible


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#57

Posted: January 10, 2020, 4:29 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 590
I have never tried lobster. I never intend to. Same goes for scallops, crab, oysters and just about any other seafood you can think of.

I will eat a tuna fish sandwich and I will eat typical fish fry type fish, something battered and fried. Fish sticks and Filet O Fish and their fast food equivalents, sure. Same type of fish baked or grilled? No thank you. Other than said fried preparations above I am not interested in food procured from animals that swim/live under water.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#58

Posted: January 10, 2020, 5:16 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2620
SeaBass said:
I have never tried lobster. I never intend to. Same goes for scallops, crab, oysters and just about any other seafood you can think of.

I will eat a tuna fish sandwich and I will eat typical fish fry type fish, something battered and fried. Fish sticks and Filet O Fish and their fast food equivalents, sure. Same type of fish baked or grilled? No thank you. Other than said fried preparations above I am not interested in food procured from animals that swim/live under water.


Your name is SeaBass and you refuse to eat any seafood except the most basic kind. That's curious.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#59

Posted: January 10, 2020, 5:56 PM Post
Posts: 4524
MrTPlush said:
To me coffee is an acquired taste much like beer, tea, liquor, etc. And I am talking actual coffee that isn't loaded with cream/sugar...cause that is hardly a coffee taste then. I thought coffee was a putrid taste, but after you drink it a bit you are used to it. I don't necessarily like the taste, but it is drinkable now.


The first time a tried beer I thought it was the most wonderful thing I ever tasted. I was 16 and I just got done bailing hay all day on a hot summer day. My mom brought out some cold ones for the adults. I was about to go in and get some water and she handed me a beer. I drank it in two swallows and was totally buzzed. The next time I had beer was at a party. I was surprised at how much worse it tasted and ended up nursing it for a couple hours.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
#60

Posted: January 10, 2020, 8:02 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 590
JimH5 said:
SeaBass said:
I have never tried lobster. I never intend to. Same goes for scallops, crab, oysters and just about any other seafood you can think of.

I will eat a tuna fish sandwich and I will eat typical fish fry type fish, something battered and fried. Fish sticks and Filet O Fish and their fast food equivalents, sure. Same type of fish baked or grilled? No thank you. Other than said fried preparations above I am not interested in food procured from animals that swim/live under water.


Your name is SeaBass and you refuse to eat any seafood except the most basic kind. That's curious.

I appreciate the irony. But seafood is so icky! [laughing]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next  [ 198 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PeaveyFury, SoCalBrewfan, turborickey, Vgmastr and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test