LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next  [ 525 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: December 06, 2020, 8:35 AM Post
Time to invest in a good trail camera or security camera. I'm told the group of folks I tend to give a lot of citations to like to throw nails in driveways, put deer parts in mailboxes and sometimes take shots at houses.

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020
Posted: December 08, 2020, 7:12 AM Post
GAME05 said:
Time to invest in a good trail camera or security camera. I'm told the group of folks I tend to give a lot of citations to like to throw nails in driveways, put deer parts in mailboxes and sometimes take shots at houses.

People suck. It is true.

Posted: December 09, 2020, 5:00 PM Post
On a brighter note: the University of Alaska Geophysical Institute is forecasting a big aurora for tonight that should be visible overhead even in Wisconsin. Weather/moon conditions there should be just about perfect for viewing, too.

Posted: December 11, 2020, 12:59 PM Post
A family down the street from us don't have a lot. They go to the food bank and live in a subsidized house. My wife and I always buy a little extra and put it on their doorstep anonymously. A bag of apples, some drawing supplies for the kids that sort of thing. We do it anonymously because nobody wants to be the taker so it leaves them with a bit more dignity. We just found out our neighbor (whom we have always called Mrs Kravitz after the nosy neighbor on Bewitched) told them who it was. Now it feels awkward. I don't want to stop because I know they can use it but I don't want them feeling like they owe us or thinking we view them as "that" family. Just not sure how to go about it now that they know who it is.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Posted: December 11, 2020, 1:30 PM Post
Thurston Fluff said:
A family down the street from us don't have a lot. They go to the food bank and live in a subsidized house. My wife and I always buy a little extra and put it on their doorstep anonymously. A bag of apples, some drawing supplies for the kids that sort of thing. We do it anonymously because nobody wants to be the taker so it leaves them with a bit more dignity. We just found out our neighbor (whom we have always called Mrs Kravitz after the nosy neighbor on Bewitched) told them who it was. Now it feels awkward. I don't want to stop because I know they can use it but I don't want them feeling like they owe us or thinking we view them as "that" family. Just not sure how to go about it now that they know who it is.

Just keep doing it. If they ask you about it or get you something you could always tell a white lie. Oh, she must have been mistaken, or we saw someone else do it once and we thought it was pretty neat and did it once also. Something along those lines. I think that's a great thing you are doing. You could also say you do it for many families in the community that you appreciate so they don't feel like it's out of pity or whatever.

Posted: December 11, 2020, 3:09 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
Thurston Fluff said:

Just keep doing it. If they ask you about it or get you something you could always tell a white lie. Oh, she must have been mistaken, or we saw someone else do it once and we thought it was pretty neat and did it once also. Something along those lines. I think that's a great thing you are doing. You could also say you do it for many families in the community that you appreciate so they don't feel like it's out of pity or whatever.

great suggestion...

I'd probably ask Mrs. Kravitz to put a lid on it. tell her she ruined your plan and guilt her into shutting her mouth.

I'd keep doing it though, regardless... It's a great thing to do!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: December 11, 2020, 3:43 PM Post
Global Moderator
Yes, I'd keep doing it. A couple ways to help it feel less like a "handout":
- Tie celebrations to the gifts: We did a "12 Days of Christmas" for our neighbors where we gave them 12 gifts (no lords-a-leaping or maids-a-milking), but just fun gifts - from "the neighborhood elves". They were new to the neighborhood. We found out later that they were both stuck at home with a really bad flu - our little gifts each day broke up their day and made a bigger impact than we ever thought.
- Ask them to help you do things also. Find small, simple ways they can return the favor. "Hey, I need a hand doing XYZ task, do you have 5 minutes to give me a hand?"

Posted: December 12, 2020, 1:38 PM Post
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We'll keep doing it but it is nice to have some ways of making it easier for them to feel ok about it. Once this whole covid thing is over it'll be easier to just invite them over for dinner once in a while. Not to mention ask them for help so they feel better about it.

Posted: December 19, 2020, 12:56 PM Post
Global Moderator
The McRib sandwich is disgusting.

Posted: December 19, 2020, 1:53 PM Post
JimH5 said:

I disagree.

[tongue]

Posted: December 19, 2020, 3:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:
JimH5 said:

I disagree.

[tongue]

I had one today for the first time in probably 15 years, and mine could not have been picked up and eaten without having to wipe my hands multiple times. Way too much sauce. And the pressed, molded rib product just seemed too processed. I get it, it's McDonald's, and everything is processed, but this was gross. Good raw onions, though.

Posted: December 19, 2020, 8:36 PM Post
McRib is ok, I always get one when they make a comeback but that's usually the first and last one I get. The BBQ sauce is good, the onion and pickles are a perfect compliment but the rib meat itself doesn't really stand out. Too messy for the trouble of eating it. The bun could probably be better also.

I wouldn't mind a return of the Cheddar Melt it's been ages since the last time they were around.

Posted: December 20, 2020, 6:45 AM Post
I don’t think I have ever had a McRib. However, looks like it would give me throwback vibes to one of the only school lunches I liked.

Posted: December 20, 2020, 10:51 AM Post
Global Moderator
I had a McRib back in college when they first came out. I got food poisoning from it.

Hence, like wolves that have taste aversion for prey that made them sick, I , too, can not stand the McRib and have not had one since.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Posted: December 20, 2020, 11:45 AM Post
The McRib is like Nickelback...

Everyone says they hate it (them), but when it (they put out new albums) comes back , they sell millions!!!

Posted: December 20, 2020, 1:45 PM Post
McRibs are the single best food stuff made of pork gristle and shredded cardboard in the world. Add the high fructose corn syrup in tomato sauce masquerading as barbeque sauce, pickle and onion and it creates a nearly edible food substitute.

Posted: December 20, 2020, 10:25 PM Post
Yeah, the McRib is atrocious even for McDonald's standards.

Posted: December 21, 2020, 12:52 PM Post
Global Moderator
I think the McRib is delicious, but I don't eat them because they are delicious in a "non-natural" way. Everything tastes artificial and enhanced... I tend to avoid foods that are overly processed and chemically enhanced.

Posted: December 21, 2020, 4:35 PM Post
Everything s a matter of taste, there is no right or wrong. Except for McRib. If you like McRib, you're just wrong. Makes me want to smoke some ribs and deliver them to any of you who like McRib.

Posted: December 21, 2020, 4:40 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Everything s a matter of taste, there is no right or wrong. Except for McRib. If you like McRib, you're just wrong. Makes me want to smoke some ribs and deliver them to any of you who like McRib.

I love McRib's!

Please send smoked ribs now!

Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next  [ 525 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply