LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next  [ 254 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Posted: January 10, 2020, 8:47 PM Post
Global Moderator
SeaBass said:
JimH5 said:
SeaBass said:
I have never tried lobster. I never intend to. Same goes for scallops, crab, oysters and just about any other seafood you can think of.

I will eat a tuna fish sandwich and I will eat typical fish fry type fish, something battered and fried. Fish sticks and Filet O Fish and their fast food equivalents, sure. Same type of fish baked or grilled? No thank you. Other than said fried preparations above I am not interested in food procured from animals that swim/live under water.

Your name is SeaBass and you refuse to eat any seafood except the most basic kind. That's curious.

I appreciate the irony. But seafood is so icky! [laughing]

Plank grilled salmon...Jumbo lump crab cakes...Spicy Tuna Sushi Roll...Jambalaya...Cioppino...Broiled whitefish with a little lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and capers...you're missing out on great food!

Step away from the fish sticks!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Posted: January 10, 2020, 9:10 PM Post
Thurston Fluff said:
MrTPlush said:
To me coffee is an acquired taste much like beer, tea, liquor, etc. And I am talking actual coffee that isn't loaded with cream/sugar...cause that is hardly a coffee taste then. I thought coffee was a putrid taste, but after you drink it a bit you are used to it. I don't necessarily like the taste, but it is drinkable now.

The first time a tried beer I thought it was the most wonderful thing I ever tasted. I was 16 and I just got done bailing hay all day on a hot summer day. My mom brought out some cold ones for the adults. I was about to go in and get some water and she handed me a beer. I drank it in two swallows and was totally buzzed. The next time I had beer was at a party. I was surprised at how much worse it tasted and ended up nursing it for a couple hours.

HA, that is great. My first beer...man I milked it for a solid 30minutes. Which doesn’t sound long, but it was in college so 30 minutes is pretty offensive. Definitely an acquired taste, always enjoy a nice beer with pizza/fish fry now.

On the topic of fish:

I hated fish with such a passion as a kid, but I blame it on the nasty fish they gave in the cafeteria. Now I love fish, especially a good fish fry. Another favorite is swordfish. Anyone who is a big fan of fish and hasn’t had swordfish needs to try it. It is a meaty fish...tastes real good. Can usually find it in a nice grocery store.

And Sushi? Straight from the heavens, one of the greatest culinary creations to ever grace the earth.

Last edited by MrTPlush on January 14, 2020, 1:13 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2020, 10:57 PM Post
JimH5 said:
SeaBass said:
I appreciate the irony. But seafood is so icky! [laughing]

Plank grilled salmon...Jumbo lump crab cakes...Spicy Tuna Sushi Roll...Jambalaya...Cioppino...Broiled whitefish with a little lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and capers...you're missing out on great food!

Step away from the fish sticks!

Ha! I honestly don't eat fish sticks, it's been decades since I have, just saying I would if they were put in front of me. I enjoy a good fish fry, beer battered, lots of tartar sauce, fries, potato salad, rye bread all that stuff. You can have my share of the rest of that other junk.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 11, 2020, 12:24 PM Post
Tuna steaks rare tastes almost like regular steak.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 12, 2020, 4:06 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Samurai Bucky said:
I was first interested in the late 80's when I found out the Wisconsin Marching Band had taken some of their drum line cadence from Neal Peart.

I did not know that, and I've been a fan (not a superfan, just a fan) of the Badger Band for at least as long as the late 1980s.
As an undergrad (mid-80s), I was fascinated by their cadence. Now I want to learn more about this connection.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 13, 2020, 9:23 AM Post
I finally tried that chicken sandwhich from popeyes that always gets talked up when it comes back...I was actually pleasantly surprised with it.

Not this good though:
https://www.salon.com/2019/11/05/man-killed-over-popeyes-chicken-sandwich/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 14, 2020, 9:20 AM Post
I saw where you can get a coffee roasting drum that goes on a rotisserie. My toaster oven also goes to 500 degrees. I was thinking of getting it to roast my own coffee beans, but ultimately I only drink coffee once or twice per week, so it all seemed to be too much of a bother. Still, I'm one of those people that if I can make something myself, I'd prefer to. I even made my own deodorant once because most contain aluminum which isn't good for you. I also make my own butt powder to be able to avoid using talc.

I don't love love fish, but I've been eating a lot of it lately to lose weight, and it's been great. Simple fish taco with raw cabbage and carrots, or kimchi. Or a bunch of squid tentacles on a salad. If only I could get octopus again like I could in Texas.

And mussels is one of those great date dinners every guy should learn to make. It's quick to do so that you're not ignoring your date by spending all your time in the kitchen, and it's an easy dish to prepare yet folks tend to think it's all complicated and fancy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 14, 2020, 9:44 AM Post
Global Moderator
GAME05 said:
I saw where you can get a coffee roasting drum that goes on a rotisserie. My toaster oven also goes to 500 degrees. I was thinking of getting it to roast my own coffee beans, but ultimately I only drink coffee once or twice per week, so it all seemed to be too much of a bother. .

I met a guy once that used a popcorn maker to roast beans. At least that's what he told me. I assume it wasn't an air popper.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 14, 2020, 10:38 AM Post
homer said:
GAME05 said:
I saw where you can get a coffee roasting drum that goes on a rotisserie. My toaster oven also goes to 500 degrees. I was thinking of getting it to roast my own coffee beans, but ultimately I only drink coffee once or twice per week, so it all seemed to be too much of a bother. .

I met a guy once that used a popcorn maker to roast beans. At least that's what he told me. I assume it wasn't an air popper.

I've never done it but I've looked into roasting coffee beans and I've seen using a popcorn popper suggested often.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 14, 2020, 1:06 PM Post
MrTPlush said:

On the topic of fish:

I hated fish with such a passion as a kid, but I blame it on the nasty fish they gave in the cafeteria. Now I love fish, especially a good fish fry. Another favorite is swordfish. Anyone who is a big fan of fish and hasn’t had swordfish needs to try it. It is a real fish...tastes real good. Can usually find it in a nice grocery store.

And Sushi? Straight from the heavens, one of the greatest culinary creations to ever grace the earth.

I am the same way with fish. Hated it growing up, but now I am always trying to get out on a Friday(harder now with a kiddo). I will have to take keep an eye out for swordfish.

I am so/so on sushi. Some I really enjoy and some I hate. The wife only eats the fake sushi rolls, so we don't get too try to many a second time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 2:57 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
I'm recruiting for a few student employees this spring semester. One of the applicants lists this in the Interests section of his resume:

Dave Matthews Band, Golf, Entrepreneurial Ventures, Collegiate Football, Grilling, Boating, Law, Swift, Traveling

It leaves me with questions, among them:
- Why are you interested in a library job?
- Do we have any common interests?

I'm not saying it couldn't work out (though he's graduating in May and I'd rather hire someone who can stay longer than 4 months), and it could be less stressful than the time I hired the Cardinals fan. But dude, you and I have zero in common other than living in this city.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2020

Posted: January 17, 2020, 3:17 PM Post
hawing said:
I'm recruiting for a few student employees this spring semester. One of the applicants lists this in the Interests section of his resume:

Dave Matthews Band, Golf, Entrepreneurial Ventures, Collegiate Football, Grilling, Boating, Law, Swift, Traveling

I'm not saying it couldn't work out (though he's graduating in May and I'd rather hire someone who can stay longer than 4 months), and it could be less stressful than the time I hired the Cardinals fan. But dude, you and I have zero in common other than living in this city.

I'm surprised he doesn't have "Drinking PBR with my Phi Beta Kappa bros" in there.

Is his name Chad or Trent? I don't see how he could be any other name.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 3:37 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
[laughing] Haha, he is the risk manager for his fraternity! (He's a risk management major)
It's not Phi Beta Kappa, though. That's the academic honor society.

Since I really doubt he's a baseball guy, I feel safe listing his first name here. It's Connor. Which honestly fits the resume, at least. And I promise to give this guy a fair shake if he actually has a compatible class schedule.

Do you suppose listing Swift means he's into Taylor Swift? or would that be something else? I mean, he spelled out Dave Matthews Band and not just DMB.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 3:52 PM Post
hawing said:
Do you suppose listing Swift means he's into Taylor Swift? or would that be something else? I mean, he spelled out Dave Matthews Band and not just DMB.

If that would be the case, why wouldn't it be listed next to DMB?

I'd rather just assume Swift is some app I've never heard of than thing a college guy is going to admit to being a fan of Taylor Swift's music.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 3:56 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'd go in assuming its Jonathan Swift and then mock severe disappointment when he has no idea who that is.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 4:35 PM Post
Swift is also an Apple programing language used to create apps for the Apple environment.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 5:17 PM Post
Global Moderator
Swift Premium is also a brand of pork products. Maybe in the interview you could ask him if he prefers St. Louis cut or maybe Country Style or Baby Back ribs. Does he like a dry rub or a wet sauce?

Just trying to be helpful.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 6:24 PM Post
hawing said:

I'm guessing Connor is just trying to find a job, any job for 4 months. I would think you would be happy if he shows up when he's suppose to, on time, and capable of doing whatever task he's suppose to do. That would probably be more important than your common interests.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 8:42 PM Post
I saw an intern resume today where they applicant described himself as an avid sock collector.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 8:51 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
I saw an intern resume today where they applicant described himself as an avid sock collector.

I don’t think that is what they mean by “standing out”.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next  [ 254 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply