LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 193 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? (2020)

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: February 25, 2020, 12:39 PM Post
young guns said:
At walmart you dont even need to fill out any of the check, the machine does it for you and you get it back, yet still seeing people fill it out is so annoying.

However, until you see this done, you don't know it is an option. With the relative few people that do this a person may not know it is an option. I saw it for the first time about a month ago. I use my credit card so it doesn't change anything with me, but I found it interesting.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 25, 2020, 2:11 PM Post
Darn dog got sprayed this morning. Whole house smells like skunk. The fortunate part is that the dog was scheduled to go to the groomer today. Glass is half full, I guess.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 02, 2020, 9:06 PM Post
Storm said:
That really bugs me. There was a good chance that person knew they were going to the store. How difficult is it to write out most of the check before you get there. It is easy enough to do. To write the amount down probably takes no longer than inserting your card in the reader and entering your pin number.

The absolute worst part is they just scan the check and hand it back.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 08, 2020, 11:27 AM Post
Gift cards that expire.

I thought there was some legislation that prevented gift cards from expiring, but recently discovered an old Kwik Trip gift card of mine was losing $2.00 per month due to inactivity.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 10, 2020, 10:41 AM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
The Brewers vs. The Cubs 2020 scheduled games.

I generally do not enjoy going to Brewers/Cubs games at Miller Park. For a bunch of reasons, but it's a cluster to say the least, with traffic, concourses, etc. My parents are in their mid 60s and my Dad, who is a huge baseball fan, also avoids Cubs games. So here is what is bugging me.

Spring break for my kids is March 23-27. I avoid opening day and like to go the second or third home game of the year. This year, it's the Cubs. So we are avoiding.

You either get one of two types of grandparents. The super grandparents that want to be involved in everything with your kids, help out, go to events, have them overnight...or you get the type that say "I raised my kids, now it's 'Me Time' please dont bother us too much" Well, we got the latter. It's fine, my wife and I have adapted over the past 15 years and my parents havent "watched" my kids in probably 5 years and even before that it was a once or twice a year phenomenon. All that being said, I COULD...COULD count on them to take them to a Brewer day game if I asked. In 15 years of having kids my wife and I have left them behind exactly twice. Once in 2017 for 3 nights, once in 2019 for 5 (we hired babysitters to take care of them). This year, we are going to be gone twice. Once May24-May29, Once August 8-9. Trying to find a way for my parents to help out the babysitter by taking them for a bit and I thought BREWER GAME! Wouldnt you know it, they play the Cubs BOTH WEEKENDS!!! UGH!!!

All three Cubs series are bugging me!!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 11, 2020, 6:05 PM Post
For years, and I mean YEARS, I have been trying to find a comedy sketch I saw in the 80's on Showtime, Cinemax, or possibly HBO.

The only information I can remember was that there was a sketch that had a lounge type act, and the guy with a giant pompadour, would go up to someone in the audience and say rather seductively (tongue in cheek) "You're a beautiful woman, what is your name? (said in somewhat of a Hispanic accent) The lady would state her name, but Barbara was the one I can remember. The guy with the pompadour would then sing her name really obnoxiously...

I was thinking about it again today, searched everything I can think of, and nothing... I'm sure it was on one of the movie channels at the time, a comedy special with a bunch of comedians doing skits, etc.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 11, 2020, 6:42 PM Post
Global Moderator
Obnoxious singing in a terrible hispanic accent and a pompadour?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjO6FDCPIzA

Seriously, his real name is David Johansen, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did comedy back in that time frame.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2020, 7:05 AM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Obnoxious singing in a terrible hispanic accent and a pompadour?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjO6FDCPIzA

Seriously, his real name is David Johansen, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did comedy back in that time frame.

Wow, people are young. Buster Poindexter had a small run of success in the 80's (or early 90s?). He was one of the ghosts (I think ghost of Christmas past) in 'Scrooged'. I'm guessing this is not the guy that Turborickey was talking about. If he's old enough to have been watching premium cable in the 80s, he would probably know who Buster Poindexter is.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2020, 9:44 AM Post
Nope, it wasn't Buster... That I am 100% sure. I know and remember him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2020, 5:33 PM Post
Sounds like it would something Andy Kaufman would do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2020, 6:57 PM Post
Frank Turner Fan said:
Sounds like it would something Andy Kaufman would do.

Nope, not Andy Kaufman... He never went on to be a household name comedian. Probably pretty obscure.

Was just hoping someone had a memory the same as mine and maybe a clue for my search.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: March 12, 2020, 9:55 PM Post
Global Moderator
Well we sports fans should have lots of time on our hands now to figure this out

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 4:49 AM Post
COVIN-19 will probably kill the XFL revival.

Trivial, considering it can kill actually people, but Vince McMahon purposely took 3 years to get it right and I appreciated the league for what it was. Some football is better than no football.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 8:10 AM Post
homer said:
Well we sports fans should have lots of time on our hands now to figure this out

Steve Czaban was jokingly implying that sports talk radio was going change into video games and sports movie analysis

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 8:24 AM Post
nodakfan17 said:
COVIN-19 will probably kill the XFL revival.

Trivial, considering it can kill actually people, but Vince McMahon purposely took 3 years to get it right and I appreciated the league for what it was. Some football is better than no football.

I actually don't think it will. I think part of the plan was always eating a substantial loss in Year 1, something they did not plan for the first time. At least now there is no continued expense in producing the games. I think they will try again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 9:11 AM Post
So they canceled all the WIAA tourney events. Why? Well that is a good question because instead of being around a small number of people they now just have to go to school instead...where they closely interact with hundreds of people in close quarters.

This is getting to the point where things are getting canceled for no logical reason while things, like school...keep going on. Arguably one of the worst places while a virus goes on. Like the toilet paper craze. Everyone has a 2 months supply of TP now and I bet they have less than a weeks supply of food.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 9:21 AM Post
Cancelling school will be utter chaos. There are so many people who will not be able to work, or will be forced to leave too young of kids to stay home alone. It will just have devastating effects for so many people. It may be the right call at some point but I can see why they're reluctant to it.

The large corporations that remain open however, while almost all of the office functions can be done via VPN, are being negligent IMO. It's insane. They are waiting for 20 cases to pop up in Wauwatosa first, I guess.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 9:24 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
So they canceled all the WIAA tourney events. Why? Well that is a good question because instead of being around a small number of people they now just have to go to school instead...where they closely interact with hundreds of people in close quarters.

This is getting to the point where things are getting canceled for no logical reason while things, like school...keep going on. Arguably one of the worst places while a virus goes on. Like the toilet paper craze. Everyone has a 2 months supply of TP now and I bet they have less than a weeks supply of food.

Well, schools are going to be shut down.

For the WIAA. Yea, what did the girls have left? Like 8 total games in the next two days and without spectators. Don't think it would be crazy to finish that off. Boys too is so close to done, think you could get through this weekend without fans and then if there is huge escalation next week cancel or delay the finals. And this is coming from someone generally on board with all this stuff and that we should be cautious.

TP has been the dumbest part of this entire thing for me. Makes no sense to me. That should be very very low on the list of priorities if you're super worried about all this.

Another thing I'd say is in the overreact side is the "cancellations" of far out events. Like what's wrong with delaying or saying you're monitoring the situation and will decide later, while working on contingencies in the meantime. Take the Masters, it's a month away. Outdoor, players not on top of each other. Can't they just make a statement that as of now it's on but good chance we'll have to change. We'll update as the situation progresses. If this doesn't explode in the next two weeks it seems one that could be done without fans onsite. If this explodes, sure cancel it. But what's the rush this far in advance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 9:27 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
MrTPlush said:

Well, schools are going to be shut down.

For the WIAA. Yea, what did the girls have left? Like 8 total games in the next two days and without spectators. Don't think it would be crazy to finish that off. Boys too is so close to done, think you could get through this weekend without fans and then if there is huge escalation next week cancel or delay the finals. And this is coming from someone generally on board with all this stuff and that we should be cautious.

TP has been the dumbest part of this entire thing for me. Makes no sense to me. That should be very very low on the list of priorities if you're super worried about all this.

Another thing I'd say is in the overreact side is the "cancellations" of far out events. Like what's wrong with delaying or saying you're monitoring the situation and will decide later, while working on contingencies in the meantime. Take the Masters, it's a month away. Outdoor, players not on top of each other. Can't they just make a statement that as of now it's on but good chance we'll have to change. We'll update as the situation progresses. If this doesn't explode in the next two weeks it seems one that could be done without fans onsite. If this explodes, sure cancel it. But what's the rush this far in advance.

A lot of the early cancellations are because of insurance policies. If you wait until a week beforehand and cancel it can void the policy because at that point it isn't an unforeseen circumstance, it's something you ignored for 3 weeks. Generalizing here and can't apply it to everything but something to consider.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 10:39 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Cancelling school will be utter chaos. There are so many people who will not be able to work, or will be forced to leave too young of kids to stay home alone. It will just have devastating effects for so many people. It may be the right call at some point but I can see why they're reluctant to it.

The large corporations that remain open however, while almost all of the office functions can be done via VPN, are being negligent IMO. It's insane. They are waiting for 20 cases to pop up in Wauwatosa first, I guess.

My company is pretty much built to work from home, we even ran a pandemic test just a couple of years ago yet the owners have not even sent an email on it yet. There are still people out there who just won't believe it is really a problem for Wisconsin until it really arrives I guess and I know my owners are that type. Amazing how the conversation changed yesterday once the sports leagues shut down.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 193 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply