LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 222 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? (2020)

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: March 24, 2020, 7:07 AM Post
My town charges a $1 fee to process utility payments online. Obviously, there’s a cost to processing payments electronically, but I’d be willing to bet that cost is less than what is costs to have an employee book a physical check to the correct account and then bring that check to the nearest bank branch.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 24, 2020, 7:47 AM Post
nodakfan17 said:
My town charges a $1 fee to process utility payments online. Obviously, there’s a cost to processing payments electronically, but I’d be willing to bet that cost is less than what is costs to have an employee book a physical check to the correct account and then bring that check to the nearest bank branch.

Throw processing fees in general on that. Bought concert tickets over the winter they were like 89$. With taxes and fees it came to over 120 per ticket.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 24, 2020, 8:55 AM Post
Credit card processing fees are about 3% so probably should be more than $1 depending on the bill.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 24, 2020, 9:01 AM Post
wallus said:
Credit card processing fees are about 3% so probably should be more than $1 depending on the bill.

The town doesn’t accept credit cards (probably because of the fees).

Debit card fees are closer to 1%.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 26, 2020, 11:37 AM Post
Global Moderator
Well, with no live baseball on, I was looking forward to watching the FS-Wisconsin re-broadcast of last year's opening day. So, I settle in to my chair and watch the MLB Network Opening Day special. Then, at the bottom of the hour, I turn on FS-Wisconsin and see that they are airing that On Deck special. So, I hit record on the ol' Directv DVR.

At the top of the hour, I turn on FS-Wisconsin for the game and we get all of about 8 words out of Matt LePay's recorded mouth and . . . . Directv blacks out the game!!!!! I check other channels on the sports pack and some other channels are blacked out while others are not and they ARE showing their classic opening day games.

What gives, Directv???? I can understand (sort of) the blackout rules for LIVE games, but for a RECORDED game from a year ago?????? There literally are NO live games right now, so why black out ANYTHING?????

Yes, I'm ticked, even though in the grand scheme of things I shouldn't be.

edit: And, yes, I know that I have MLB.tv now so I could just fire it up on the app, too, but it's just the principle behind the blackout that bugs me. EVERY Opening Day, whether there are live games or not, apparently, Directv screws SOMETHING up. Some years, they haven't even activated my Extra Innings package so I get home from school, excited to watch my recording, and all I got was 6 hours of black-screen.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 26, 2020, 4:55 PM Post
It stuck me yesterday that now that I've moved to 3Mb speed internet, that's likely too slow to stream sports. And I don't have that much data on my phone to be broadcasting to it and connecting it to a television. I think I'm bound to add CenturyLink television service so I can watch stuff.

edit: oops, CenturyLink doesn't offer television.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 27, 2020, 11:48 AM Post
Neither of the two Chinese restaurants that I regularly get take-out from answered their phone today when I tried to order lunch. Went to the one around the corner at 11:30am and the door was locked and the "Open" sign was not on; they open at 10:30am on weekdays. I asked them about two weeks ago how business was and they said, "Slow". That was, IIRC, before they closed bars and restaurants. Neither restaurant does a lot of sit-down business; they are both mostly delivery/takeout.

My favorite nearby BBQ restaurant (Lillie's Q) closed last night; I got some of the last brisket. They kept open until they depleted their inventory; they said it wasn't worth staying open. Most of my favorite places to get a good burger closed right away and never tried going the takeout/delivery route. The meat-heavy restaurant around the corner (Frontier) is still open for take-out, but who knows how long that will last.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 29, 2020, 5:57 PM Post
Decided to play a small buyin, but large reward poker tourney that started at 2pm. Played nearly 3 and 1/2hours before being knocked out. In that time my best hand was maybe the 2nd hand from beginning at 55 with 3 raised bets before I even was to act. Of course I folded, and correctly so, I'd have lost twice over and been for tourney in 2nd hand. Never had an Ace Suited. KQ suited was the bested suited start hand. K10 after. 2 AK off suit hands(I won with both) Next best Ace was with an 8OS. I can honestly say, I've never played an online tourney that long with such poor hands dealt. Oh and my last hand in BB was pkt 4s and I moved allin on the SB because they were the only in the hand and he just called. A3 run out to an Ace river. Brutal

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 29, 2020, 6:36 PM Post
Funny enough my largest win was a tournament where I had no hands. $250 buy-in at the Golden Nugget. After the first hour I only ever had 4x the blind. I only played a hand once every 45-60 minutes and would manage to win enough to last me until the next hour. At the final table I just sat there hoping other folks would make a play and go out ahead of me. Made fifth place when I finally lost on what ironically was a good starting hand.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 29, 2020, 11:29 PM Post
I've won 2 online tournys, buy in between 20 and 50...cant recall, but both wins were with a thousand to 2k people in it. Won them on back to back nights when I had to have some surgery done. Funnily enough I played maybe a hand an hour both times until the money and then got hot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2020, 11:06 AM Post
After his wife had Covid-19 and recovered, John Prine is now in rough shape and has been intubated. Prine is an all-time favorite of mine. So many amazing songs, his catalogue just goes on and on. Hoping he pulls through, he's a true treasure.

I guess I wish him all the best.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2020, 12:22 PM Post
RIP Joe Diffie..

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2020, 12:35 PM Post
Yup RIP. Joe Diffie was my first concert, went for free at the Coliseum during Dane County Fair circa 1993.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 05, 2020, 8:22 AM Post
I was supposed to be seeing Alice Cooper and Lita Ford tonight... That is all.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 05, 2020, 8:41 AM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:

I have tickets for Deftones/Gojira in August and I'm already starting to see the handwriting on the wall for that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 05, 2020, 10:00 AM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:
turborickey said:

I have tickets for Deftones/Gojira in August and I'm already starting to see the handwriting on the wall for that.

Rock USA for me. I've tried to see Rob Zombie for 3 years now. Last 2 years have been cancelled due to lightning...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 05, 2020, 9:33 PM Post
Global Moderator
My wife has been waiting to see "The Lion King" traveling Broadway show for years. She missed it when it was in Vegas some 10-15 years ago and we were never in a city that had it going on. We have tickets to see them in Phoenix in June. It's not looking good. I know she is disappointed.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 07, 2020, 1:39 PM Post
For those of you playing online poker tournaments for money...mind if I ask what site you are using? I used to play a ton, they banned them all here in the USA and now I'm looking to get back. Also...what are the minimum games and deposit/withdrawal fees? Thanks!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 07, 2020, 5:15 PM Post
brwrsfan said:
For those of you playing online poker tournaments for money...mind if I ask what site you are using? I used to play a ton, they banned them all here in the USA and now I'm looking to get back. Also...what are the minimum games and deposit/withdrawal fees? Thanks!!

Look up a site called Cardschat.com Become a member and post. They offer freerolls that pay out $100 to $200 with participation in to better tourneys.
Americas card room (ACR) is where I played with the freeroll offers of cardschat. I've not used to deposit thus far. Deposits are fairly bogus anyway as you'll have to spend your share plus winnings to actually achieve the bonus. All the while the poker room is raking in your money played.

Their 2nd site seems to be Black Chip poker. And 3rd Pokerstars.

I have a very old acct still with BetOnline. Virtually no freerolls there, but better micro Sit n Gos than ACR. Even a 50/50 version.

Gotta say Cardschat shows been open 15years. For the freerolls they run and infinite amount of poker info shared, I didn't think to much on talent playing the freeroll. Money'd 2 of first 3 played, but hadn't played but maybe 1 in over 2months. Just miss their scheduling.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 08, 2020, 12:21 AM Post
I did betonline and still have money there, but I cashed out a pretty sizable sum and it was in the form of a check...from the Bank of Shanghai. Pretty sketchy. It went through, but I'm still nervous about it. No fee to purchase, but the withdrawal fee was pretty big, like 50$. Had your typical ring game blinds.
I just deposited money on global poker. You buy gold coins and get sweeps cash for free. Sweeps cash is real money. They have SnGs, tournys, and ring games. Been pretty good so far, although I havent cashed from their yet. No fee to purchase sweeps cash, but I just put money on like 2 weeks ago and I've already gotten 3 offers for free sweepscash. For example, one was buy 20 get 10 free. Buy 30 get 20 free. They have your typical ring game blinds.
My friends and I have been playing private games on a site called donkhouse and then one person is the banker and everyone venmos the banker and the banker pays at the end of the night.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 222 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply