LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 223 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? (2020)

Author Message
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: April 20, 2020, 4:19 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1196
Location: bush Alaska
Produce at the grocery store that's about at the end not being discounted.

Nobody's going to pay full price for it, so it ends up going in the trash.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: April 20, 2020, 4:36 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6670
AKCheesehead said:
Produce at the grocery store that's about at the end not being discounted.

Nobody's going to pay full price for it, so it ends up going in the trash.

On a related note, hearing that there are food shortages and going to the grocery store and seeing the produce department full, the fresh meat department full, and the frozen pizza section is almost empty.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: April 20, 2020, 8:21 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8731
LouisEly said:
AKCheesehead said:
Produce at the grocery store that's about at the end not being discounted.

Nobody's going to pay full price for it, so it ends up going in the trash.

On a related note, hearing that there are food shortages and going to the grocery store and seeing the produce department full, the fresh meat department full, and the frozen pizza section is almost empty.


That's interesting because when my wife goes shopping now it's the exact opposite.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: April 21, 2020, 12:30 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1114
Location: Waukesha, WI
Ah, the power went out at 9:18 pm. No lights, no TV, no internet, no power, no CPAP. No job to go to in the morning. Everything closed during the day. This was my first anxiety attack since the order was issued. Gladly, power resumed three hours later. (Same incident last July and power was out 36 hours).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: April 21, 2020, 11:43 AM Post
Posts: 21
I am a high school football and track and field coach. While I knew it was coming the official cancellation of the track season really burns. My heart aches for my seniors.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: May 15, 2020, 5:51 PM Post
Posts: 1722
High school GPA’s > 4.0

I saw an article today that listed a valedictorian with a 5.6 GPA. What does that even mean? I know it’s common in some districts to weight AP or advanced classes with a 5 for an A (and a 4 for a B), but how does one get more than 5 points per class?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: May 15, 2020, 6:04 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 12224
nodakfan17 said:
High school GPA’s > 4.0

I saw an article today that listed a valedictorian with a 5.6 GPA. What does that even mean? I know it’s common in some districts to weight AP or advanced classes with a 5 for an A (and a 4 for a B), but how does one get more than 5 points per class?


I read somewhere a few years ago that grade points are up but standardized test scores are down. The biggest culprits are ritzy private schools. People joke about schools with no grades but grades become sort of meaningless anyway.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: May 15, 2020, 6:36 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5903
Location: Phoenix, AZ
homer said:
nodakfan17 said:
High school GPA’s > 4.0

I saw an article today that listed a valedictorian with a 5.6 GPA. What does that even mean? I know it’s common in some districts to weight AP or advanced classes with a 5 for an A (and a 4 for a B), but how does one get more than 5 points per class?


I read somewhere a few years ago that grade points are up but standardized test scores are down. The biggest culprits are ritzy private schools. People joke about schools with no grades but grades become sort of meaningless anyway.


Which is more meaningless the standardized test score or the grades?

I would go with both.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: May 30, 2020, 6:56 PM Post
Posts: 72
So our refrigerator/freezer died yesterday, We noticed it about 7 o'clock last night. Fortunately we have numerous coolers so we were able to get everything on ice. Got up this morning and went to a local appliance store. Website and door said they opened at 8:00. This used to be the appliance store in town, but as with many local businesses Walmart, Menards, etc. has hurt them. But we figured if anybody would be able to deliver a refrigerator today it would be a small business who would appreciate the business. Employee shows up at 8:10, and doesn't open the doors until 8:20. By then there are two other people waiting to get in. Employee asks what we need and I reply a refrigerator, ours died yesterday. They only had about a half dozen fridges ( and they seemed expensive) and they all had prices except one. Naturally the one I was most interested in. I asked the employee the price and he said he didn't know, that a salesman would be in after 9:00. When I asked when the earliest I could get something delivered I was told Tuesday or Thursday. So much for the small business going the extra mile.

So we went to Menards. They had very limited stock on hand, something about Memorial Day and missing a delivery. Would have to order the refrigerator, a week or two wait. Also, they would only deliver to the house would not install or haul away the old one.

Next we went to Sears Hometown which the website and the sigh on the door said would open at 9:00. We waited until 9:27 and left. Durimg that time a couple and another person stopped to shop. The couple was still there when we left, but the other person left. And Sears wonders why it is struggling.

Fortunately, my wife ran into friends last night when she ran to town to get ice. They told her to go to Grand Appliance in Sturtevant and ask for a friend of theirs who worked there. While we were waiting I overheard a salesman say that it was 2 or 3 weeks for delivery. Grrrr. However, later we heard him say that if it was an emergency delivery would be expedited. First good news in 24 hours. So after waiting for maybe a half hour (he was already with a customer) he joined us and 25 minutes later we had purchased a refrigerator. He said delivery Tuesday or Wednesday and that he would give us call when he knew for sure. We were driving home and less than 10 minutes later we get a call. Delivery will be Tuesday - we should expect a call Monday night to give us an approximate time. Got a great deal, no delivery charge (35 miles!), installed and haul away the old refrigerator. This part of the morning did not bug me! But I am just amazed at my first 3 experiences when Grand Appliance was so great. We would never have gone there if any of the other 3 businesses had there stuff together.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: May 30, 2020, 7:42 PM Post

Roster Guru
Posts: 3110
i live in minneapolis. we're on curfew with threat of authorized lethal force by the military if we break curfew.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: June 01, 2020, 1:50 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 772
Frank Turner Fan said:
So our refrigerator/freezer died yesterday,

<Cut... snip>

Got a great deal, no delivery charge (35 miles!), installed and haul away the old refrigerator. This part of the morning did not bug me! But I am just amazed at my first 3 experiences when Grand Appliance was so great. We would never have gone there if any of the other 3 businesses had there stuff together.

Interesting you mentioned Grand Appliance. We have a dishwasher and our hard food disposal started making some bad sounds. Our unit is rather old, so we chose to purchase a new one. I did some research and we decided to go to Home Depot (Best Buy was by appointment only). We got to the store and they didn't have the model that we wanted on site (we wanted to look at it). They also said it would take 2-3 weeks for delivery AND they could not install it because of some codes in our community. We went to Grand Appliance on Layton in Greenfield and they directed us towards a different dishwasher. Plus, they have independent guys who install the appliances. It is costing us $170 for delivery, takeaway of the old one, and installation.

Bad year for the Samurai household for appliances -- Dryer, Refrigerator (the day AFTER the lockdown), and now the dishwasher. Better than last year when it was four car accidents with two of the vehicles being totaled.

Like you, I am happy with Grand Appliance.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: June 04, 2020, 6:06 AM Post
Posts: 1722
People who don’t sweep up grass clippings from the curb after they’re done mowing their lawns. This is especially problematic with riding mowers. It looks bad, it smells bad, and it can plug up our sewer drains.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: June 05, 2020, 3:15 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6670
News helicopters not being subject to a curfew.

I've been buzzed very close overhead in the middle of the night two of the last three nights.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: June 28, 2020, 7:12 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 18894
Brewers Classics keeps airing All-Star games. I don't even want to watch those when they're live. Why would I want to watch a replay of one from 40 years ago?

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: June 29, 2020, 11:52 AM Post
Posts: 5226
Location: Madison, WI
Popped in my head with how the Brewers have finally refunded money. I've had flights, hotels, sport tickets all refunded now. Only one thing left for a comedy show in Madison through ticketmaster. Supposed to be on May 1 but it was cancelled mid March. The process has been nothing initially while they sorted it out, perfectly fine by me, it's a weird time. By mid May they opened to requesting the refund and said within 30 days. That's obviously passed now, I now did my first nagging and they asked all the details. But responded they're still waiting on it from the venue so keep waiting. IDK, seems the multi billion dollar company should float this not individuals after almost 4 months. And I do see how a small venue in Madison might never pay them back as they might be totally broke now or go bankrupt, but you'd think Ticketmaster would have insurance on this kind of thing. It's the only thing I have left dangling, 6 tickets so it does add up a bit to around $500.


Last edited by tmwiese55 on June 29, 2020, 2:34 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: June 29, 2020, 1:05 PM Post
Posts: 3815
My wife and I had 4 tickets to Rock USA. They just cancelled...about 2 weeks ago maybe. Anyway, they just sent an email and it was almost as if they were trying to play the victim. The kicker? In the email it said they are going to try and refund the tickets. Ummm, that's 500$. If you arent going to refund the tickets I would like to know so I can dispute the charges and go to the BBB or something before it gets too late to make a claim.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: June 29, 2020, 6:41 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5903
Location: Phoenix, AZ
stoutdude04 said:
My wife and I had 4 tickets to Rock USA. They just cancelled...about 2 weeks ago maybe. Anyway, they just sent an email and it was almost as if they were trying to play the victim. The kicker? In the email it said they are going to try and refund the tickets. Ummm, that's 500$. If you arent going to refund the tickets I would like to know so I can dispute the charges and go to the BBB or something before it gets too late to make a claim.


Just file a dispute. If it is on your credit card it will more than likely be reversed if it is on your debit card good luck because that can take some time.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: June 29, 2020, 7:26 PM Post
Posts: 13258
nodakfan17 said:
People who don’t sweep up grass clippings from the curb after they’re done mowing their lawns. This is especially problematic with riding mowers. It looks bad, it smells bad, and it can plug up our sewer drains.


They shouldn’t even have to sweep. Use your brain and mow the correct direction.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: June 30, 2020, 8:28 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1114
Location: Waukesha, WI
trwi7 said:
Brewers Classics keeps airing All-Star games. I don't even want to watch those when they're live. Why would I want to watch a replay of one from 40 years ago?


I'm with you in that I started losing interest in the ASG some 30 years ago, but back when baseball was truly America's Pastime the ASG was a big deal. Seeing the '81 game was fun because I remember watching it live. The players in the '75 and '81 games were the ones I watched growing up. Watching the first few innings of the '65 game was fun from a historical perspective.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2020)
Posted: June 30, 2020, 12:47 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 5341
MrTPlush said:
nodakfan17 said:
People who don’t sweep up grass clippings from the curb after they’re done mowing their lawns. This is especially problematic with riding mowers. It looks bad, it smells bad, and it can plug up our sewer drains.


They shouldn’t even have to sweep. Use your brain and mow the correct direction.


I don't have a curb, so when I'm done mowing, I just run the mower over the road and blow the clippings back on my yard. Same on my driveway.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 223 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test