LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 36 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's NOT bugging you? (2020s edition)

Offline  Re: What's NOT bugging you? (2020s edition)

Posted: April 26, 2020, 2:34 PM Post
logan82 said:
LouisEly said:
The Venice canals are now so clear you can see to the bottom.

Probably not even polution. Probably because all the silt settled instead of being stirred up all the time.

Many bodies of water have cleared up. My boss, who is Indian, said that the Ganges River is now so clean you might be able to drink out of it.

The pollution that is in the air and on the streets ends up in the bodies of water after rain washes it down and away. No pollution in the air and on the streets means no pollution getting into the water after rain.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 01, 2020, 10:01 AM Post
With all the chaos going on, it was really entertaining and uplifting to watch the Dragon launch on Saturday, and then watching them dock at the ISS yesterday. The video diriectly from NASA's feed was amazing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2020, 8:31 AM Post
Global Moderator
FVBrewerFan said:
With all the chaos going on, it was really entertaining and uplifting to watch the Dragon launch on Saturday, and then watching them dock at the ISS yesterday. The video diriectly from NASA's feed was amazing.

YEAH!!!

Someday, I'm hoping to see a launch of the Falcon Heavy rocket with astronauts aboard. That thing just takes off from the launch pad! I'd be curious to hear the astronaut's thoughts on a lift off and flight like that!

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 08, 2020, 5:34 PM Post
Instant mashed potatoes. How in the world did I not know about this glorious invention? Microwave two cups of water for 5 minutes, stir in the instant potatoes for one minute, and boom - mashed potatoes for little over a dollar a package, covers me for two meals.

I've been trying to eat a little less meat without increasing sugar intake by cutting down on proportions but need something else to substitute and keep me from getting hungry. Easy nine months out of the year, I can bake a handful of sweet potatoes and have leftovers for two days. But I don't want any part of baking in my kitchen during the summer, and don't want to grill them on a gas grill for 45 minutes or whatever when I only need 10 minutes to grill a steak or 18-20 minutes for chicken breasts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 09, 2020, 8:27 AM Post
Apparently I've been leaning forward when I walk for decades now. The internet says it's Thoracic Kyphosis, so I've been doing some stretches for it and adding in lower and middle traps to the workouts. That combined with the mindfulness of it, I do think I'm standing up and walking straighter now. I was probably leaning forward a good 8" and never really realized it.

A couple months in and I'm still working out regularly. Really happy about that, since sticking with it is one of my two bigger weaknesses. The slightly better shift schedule with my new park has made all the difference.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 07, 2020, 7:46 AM Post
Global Moderator
Gary Larson created a bunch of new Far Side cartoons:

https://www.thefarside.com/

There's only like four of them. So don't get too excited.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 16, 2020, 1:37 PM Post
Global Moderator
This seems like the most-abandoned thread of 2020! [wink]

I just graduated with a master's degree in engineering management from Penn State after 2 long years! It feels great to have that behind me now.

Please no, PSU jokes. I'm still a Badger at heart! UW just didn't have an online degree.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 17, 2020, 11:14 AM Post
CheezWizHed said:

I just graduated with a master's degree in engineering management from Penn State after 2 long years! It feels great to have that behind me now.

Please no, PSU jokes. I'm still a Badger at heart! UW just didn't have an online degree.

Congrats!!!!!! Perhaps we can reserve the jokes for a later date... [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 17, 2020, 11:34 AM Post
Global Moderator
Congrats!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 17, 2020, 12:10 PM Post
Just got fiber internet. Amazing difference in speed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 17, 2020, 6:56 PM Post
Congrats!!!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's NOT bugging you? (2020s edition)

Posted: August 18, 2020, 11:16 AM Post
I only saw the two posts above me at first and was really confused why someone was so hyped for another person getting fiber internet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 18, 2020, 2:54 PM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
I only saw the two posts above me at first and was really confused why someone was so hyped for another person getting fiber internet.

Me too! There is a lot of love here though, so I went with it.

Congrats on the internet!

Also, I guess, congrats on the Masters. [wink]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 18, 2020, 4:42 PM Post
MrTPlush said:

Haha. I did the same but never made the connection that you did until reading this.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 18, 2020, 7:57 PM Post
Global Moderator
I almost made a joke about that. But for those congratulating me... thanks! [smile]

And to Underachiever, I wish you and your internet connection a lifetime of happiness! [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 24, 2020, 9:32 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
CheezWizHed said:

I just want to point out that back in January, I labeled this "not bugging you" thread to cover the 2020s, not just 2020. [ho hum]

(Also, congratulations on completing your master's)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 36 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply