LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 22 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

RIP Neil Peart

Offline  Re: RIP Neil Peart

Posted: January 20, 2020, 6:29 PM Post
Frank Turner Fan said:
JosephC said:
I've been looking through my music collection and I don't know if there is any band that put out a run of 5 studio albums that tops Rush's streak from 2112 through Moving Pictures?

Pink Floyds run of Meddle, DSOTM, Wish you were Here, Animals, The Wall, and The Final Cut was pretty good. I included 6 albums because I think many would feel the first or sixth album were a bit week.

Regardless, Rush had a great run of success, and has the main lyricist Peart was responsible for a great deal of that success.

I also was surprised to hear a different pronunciation of his name after all these years.

Don't forget the run KISS made in the 70's:

*ducking*

Kiss, Hotter than Hell, Dressed to Kill, Alive, Destroyer, Rock and Roll Over, Love Gun, and Alive II. (I'm including the Alive albums only because they sold mega copies, and the first Alive is what put them on the map...…………...KISS is my favorite all time band, bar none, but RUSH is in my top 5 or so.)

*ducking again*

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: RIP Neil Peart

Posted: January 21, 2020, 3:47 PM Post
No need to duck. Kiss was a major early supporter of Rush. They played some with them in Canada before Peart was a member and liked Rush so much they had Rush open for them on their Fly By Night tour. Geddy Lee credits Kiss for showing them how put on better live shows. One of the first people Rush let listen to their Caress Of Steal album was Paul Stanley. Who was in turn brutally honest about what he thought if it. Turns out Stanley was right. It was a major flop.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 22 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply