LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Pizza

Offline  Re: Pizza
Posted: January 18, 2020, 3:02 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Has anyone ever had a Real ‘Za? It looks pretty good on the box and almost got them when my grocery store had them on sale.

Yes, that's the one I mentioned in a different thread! They are excellent!!! I bought a couple about a year ago on sale, and loved them! Couldn't remember the actual name, knew it had ZA in it though...

Last edited by turborickey on January 19, 2020, 7:21 PM, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 19, 2020, 10:19 AM Post
OldHeidelberg said:
Rocky's sausage is amazing but I don't care for all that dough, there has to be better balance. I had both Pizza Hut and Papa Johns once in the last few years ad couldn't stomach more than a couple of pieces. Pizza Pit LOL we used to order that after bar when I was in my early 20's, greasiest pizza ever but hit the spot at that time.

For my hometown favorite South Lanes Pizza in La Crosse is the best in town, the sausage pepperoni is perfection. Best pizza I ever had was at these mediterranean places in Minneapolis, there was one right next door to First Avenue downtown and one Uptown in the 90's. The gyro, the eggplant, the spinach, they were all amazing. Not sure if they are still around, I doubt it.

Get the whole wheat crust when ordering from Rocky's. IMO it's essential. Makes a world of difference.

The regular crust does seem undercooked and "doughy" which is a turn off for me and is the one real big knock on Rocky's IMO. But I think they have the best sausage, onions, mushrooms and most flavorful cheese out of all the larger pizza chains. Hands down would take them over Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa Johns.

I haven't lived in La Crosse in nearly 30 years, but back in the day, T-Jo's on the north side was my favorite pizza place. I see they have a website and are still in business.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 19, 2020, 11:56 AM Post
I have never had T-Jo's, but then I have always lived on the south side and haven't lived here for most of my adult life either. I am going to try it soon though, can never try enough new pizza. I am sort of craving a slice of Rocky's sausage since reading this thread but I have to go up to the north side for that now too. There used to be a Happy Joe's take out place down by the brewery that had similar slices to Rocky's, square and doughy, I really loved that place. Looks like that chain is still around but the pizza pictures on their website don't look anything like I remember.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 19, 2020, 1:14 PM Post
Back in the day T-Jo's pizzas were all softer, thin crust and baked in a traditional pizza oven. If you like the meats, expect plenty of grease (my attitude has always been...if you don't like the grease, order a salad).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 19, 2020, 8:13 PM Post
Had Pequod's for the first time today. Ordered the pan pizza, and thought it was very much like Rocky's except round instead of square. Similar sauce, similar crust, fairly dough-y, but drier than Rocky's.

Find it hilarious that many think Pequod's has the best pizza in Chicago... and it's like Rocky Rococco's.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 19, 2020, 8:57 PM Post
Who remembers Gino’s on State Street? That was deeeeep dish. One pizza would feed me for 5 days and it was so good I wouldn’t get tired of it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 19, 2020, 9:02 PM Post
turborickey said:
MrTPlush said:
Has anyone ever had a Real ‘Za? It looks pretty good on the box and almost got them when my grocery store had them on sale.

Yes, that's the one I mentioned in a different thread! They are excellent!!! I bought a couple about a year ago on sale, and loved them! Couldn't remember the actual name, knew it had ZA in it though...

I may try one even if not one sale. Sometimes I just stare at the box in awe. Whoever designs the box deserves a raise.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 20, 2020, 7:29 AM Post
A thread about pizza that lasts 6 pages and going strong?

LOVE IT!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Pizza
Posted: January 20, 2020, 8:53 AM Post
I got two Bucks aprons from a Palermo's box, lol.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 20, 2020, 10:14 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

they did Bango bobbles too, they are being offered up on all the facebook bobble pages...lol

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 20, 2020, 3:10 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Same here! Last year I got two game tickets, that ship has sailed.

Bucks remind me of another great MKE style thin crust pizza- Calderone Club.

Finally, put me down as a strong NO for Papa Murphys. Can't stand it, honestly would rather have Kwik Trip or even a frozen Jacks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 20, 2020, 6:24 PM Post
I bought a Palermos tonight just to see what I'd win. (Their marketing gimmick worked on me)

Got a $10 Bucks Team Store gift card. Was really hoping for the bobblehead.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 20, 2020, 11:03 PM Post
Park Plaza Pizza in downtown Beaver Dam. If anyone here gets up this way, I highly recommend trying it out. Their sauce is incredible. You won't regret it. It's SO good, that a few years ago they were going to close for personal reasons, until the citizens here started calling the Mayor demanding that they find a way to help them stay open.

Even though many people may think it sounds disgusting(even I did at one time until I finally tried it) I suggest trying the Canadian bacon/sauerkraut combination with extra sauce. PHENOMENAL!

Last edited by bigred on January 20, 2020, 11:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 20, 2020, 11:06 PM Post
bigred said:
Park Plaza Pizza in downtown Beaver Dam. If anyone here gets up this way, I highly recommend trying it out. Their sauce is incredible. You won't regret it.

I actually prefer their frozens over the fresh. A great pizza!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 20, 2020, 11:21 PM Post
wallus said:
bigred said:
Park Plaza Pizza in downtown Beaver Dam. If anyone here gets up this way, I highly recommend trying it out. Their sauce is incredible. You won't regret it.

I prefer their fresh pizzas dining there, but yes, the frozen pizzas are excellent too. Have you ever dined in at their business, take out, or delivery? Or have you only had the frozen pizzas?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 20, 2020, 11:31 PM Post
bigred said:
wallus said:
bigred said:

I prefer their fresh pizzas dining there, but yes, the frozen pizzas are excellent too. Have you ever dined in at their business, take out, or delivery? Or have you only had the frozen pizzas?

I have had quite a few drunken nights eating there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 21, 2020, 10:47 AM Post
bigred said:
wallus said:
bigred said:

All of the above. [smile]

It is a tasty pie. I usually get extra sauce.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 21, 2020, 1:32 PM Post
I always ask for extra sauce when I order pizza. It is like everyone skimps on the sauce but over do it with the toppings.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 21, 2020, 1:33 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
turborickey said:
turborickey said:
Today, we are going to be trying the Lotza Motza Taco Grande pizza...

Sure looks great, I'll report back my findings later.

Very good, decent amount of spice. I'd do it again for certain!

I liked it as well. Took the olives off and it was tight up my alley.

Agreed. I hate olives so much though. It was hard to get em all off though because they are buried in cheese. But overall I enjoyed it.

Red Baron's taco pizza is my absolute favorite of the taco/mexican variety. I don't know know if they only make it available at certain times of the year or what, but I can't seem to find it as regularly as I used to.

Cranky Al's in the Valley is excellent. Balestreiri's on 68th and Wells might be my favorite. When the extended family would come to town my grandpa would always get pizzas there on the night my relatives all came into town (around Thanksgiving or Christmas).

I go to Green Bay enough, and even went to school there for a few semesters and still have never been to Jake's. All my friends that grew up in Green Bay swear by it.

For cheap and fast pizza, we go to Mod more than any other place. Probably once a month. I'm a still a sucker for Pizza Shuttle at times and Jet's I get a craving for too. It's so terribly unhealthy though. I never order more than two slices.

For frozen pizza I'm totally a Jack's guy but it's hard to be picky if someone makes frozen pizzas at their house while watching a ball game. Sometimes I'll splurge and get a Geno's East frozen pizza, but now that Pick N Save went to Kroger's I'm not sure they still carry it. Haven't seen it in awhile.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 21, 2020, 10:29 PM Post
Jack's used to have a mexican pizza with a seasoning packet that I ate a lot in my 20s. No longer find that version.

It may have been named. My family used to splurge on a pizza place that I believed closed down within last 10 years. I feel like it was around 52nd-70th streets and on or between Hampton and Burleigh? Just monstrous sized pizzas. Loaded in toppings. Anyone know the place Im referring to?

Having worked in Sheboygan for 18years now, I think there was a place that became Pit Stop pizza by the movie theatre. The previous place had this amazing taco pizza. It was loaded.

I'll take suggestions for mexican/taco pizzas.
For me today and its been hit or miss lately I get my fix on Digiornos spicy chicken pizza. Adding my share of mexican chili pepper on top. Stores dont seem to carry this pizza like used to.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply