LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Pizza

Offline  Re: Pizza
Posted: January 22, 2020, 10:16 AM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
Jack's used to have a mexican pizza with a seasoning packet that I ate a lot in my 20s. No longer find that version.

It may have been named. My family used to splurge on a pizza place that I believed closed down within last 10 years. I feel like it was around 52nd-70th streets and on or between Hampton and Burleigh? Just monstrous sized pizzas. Loaded in toppings. Anyone know the place Im referring to?

Having worked in Sheboygan for 18years now, I think there was a place that became Pit Stop pizza by the movie theatre. The previous place had this amazing taco pizza. It was loaded.

I'll take suggestions for mexican/taco pizzas.
For me today and its been hit or miss lately I get my fix on Digiornos spicy chicken pizza. Adding my share of mexican chili pepper on top. Stores dont seem to carry this pizza like used to.

MooseJaw in the Dells has a pretty good Taco pizza. I suggest getting the thin crust though, as the thick crust is too much dough.

Edit: The Jacks Mexican pizza isn't bad right now. It's usually the only Jacks that I eat these days.

Last edited by stoutdude04 on January 24, 2020, 9:05 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 24, 2020, 8:48 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
brewcrewdue80 said:
Jack's used to have a mexican pizza with a seasoning packet that I ate a lot in my 20s. No longer find that version.

It may have been named. My family used to splurge on a pizza place that I believed closed down within last 10 years. I feel like it was around 52nd-70th streets and on or between Hampton and Burleigh? Just monstrous sized pizzas. Loaded in toppings. Anyone know the place Im referring to?

Having worked in Sheboygan for 18years now, I think there was a place that became Pit Stop pizza by the movie theatre. The previous place had this amazing taco pizza. It was loaded.

I'll take suggestions for mexican/taco pizzas.
For me today and its been hit or miss lately I get my fix on Digiornos spicy chicken pizza. Adding my share of mexican chili pepper on top. Stores dont seem to carry this pizza like used to.

MooseJaw in the Dells has a pretty good Taco pizza. I suggest getting the thin crust though, as the thick crust is too much dough.

That's funny, the best taco pizza I ever had was from the Moosejaw Resort in Park Falls. No relation to the dells though. But they got new owners maybe 10 years ago and I don't think they even make one anymore.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 24, 2020, 1:23 PM Post
of the fast food pizza chains, papa john's is my favorite, but admittingly i haven't had it in years and papa john recently said it has changed. We normally get pizza hut which is perfectly fine for what it is, there isn't really a papa john's close to us anymore to deliver.

favorite forzen pizza is Emil's.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 25, 2020, 12:13 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
of the fast food pizza chains, papa john's is my favorite, but admittingly i haven't had it in years and papa john recently said it has changed. We normally get pizza hut which is perfectly fine for what it is, there isn't really a papa john's close to us anymore to deliver.

Papa John's is not like it use to be, when it first came to my hometown, it was fresh and delicious. Over the years, the quality has fallen. Thought I give another chance 6 months ago, it was bland and kinda on par with a Digiorno, only six dollars more expensive. Recently tried Marco's, that was pretty good, toppings were great, but the crust was a little off for some reason. The local Godfather's has an excellent Italian Meats pizza that's my fav right now.
Best Frozen? Kinda favor Freschetta's, your mention of Emil's has peaked my interest though! Let the search begin!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 25, 2020, 11:05 AM Post
Jaylyn said:
patrickgpe said:

Papa John's is not like it use to be, when it first came to my hometown, it was fresh and delicious. Over the years, the quality has fallen. Thought I give another chance 6 months ago, it was bland and kinda on par with a Digiorno, only six dollars more expensive. Recently tried Marco's, that was pretty good, toppings were great, but the crust was a little off for some reason. The local Godfather's has an excellent Italian Meats pizza that's my fav right now.
Best Frozen? Kinda favor Freschetta's, your mention of Emil's has peaked my interest though! Let the search begin!!

Emils is pretty good. They have an emils seasoning which is good on any pizza, too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2020, 6:26 PM Post
I love thin crust pizza and my two favorites on the south side of Milwaukee are Vinchi's Pizza in Oak Creek and On The Edge Bar & Grill which is right by Southridge. Both are fabulous.

I like to support small businesses whenever possible, so i generally avoid most chain restaurants, but my sister came over one day with my nephew who loves Little Caesers and they brought with one of those new thin crust pizza's which are in commercials all of the time. I expected it to be awful because their regular crust ones are, but it was shockingly pretty good and just six dollars. Ideal for college kids like my nephew.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 31, 2020, 6:20 AM Post
Broken Tree Pizza in Neenah. Theirs tend to be smaller, single serve sized.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 31, 2020, 9:29 AM Post
Zad Fnark said:
Theirs tend to be smaller, single serve sized.

Is it sad I read this and thought, "So like a large?"

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 12:10 AM Post
Tonight I tried one of those DiGiorno pan style pizzas that come with their own cardboard pan. Only set me back $20 at the village store out here in Chefornak, but what do you do when you're hungry and options are limited. I diced up some jalapeños and onions to top it off, standard.

Maybe it's because the crust singed on the tray and it needed more cheese and sauce. Or maybe it's because it paled in comparison to the T-bones and crab legs dinner I was planning to have with my lady before bad weather kept flights from bringing me home today so instead I'm still here. (Where it's been a week since a shower due to the water plant here having the lines freeze, I might add.)

Whatever the case may be, I'd say skip the DiGiorno pan style.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 8:38 AM Post
For those in the Milwaukee area, the Journal Sentinel had an article yesterday on the best take and bake pizza. The article can be found online in the food section.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 9:54 AM Post
Global Moderator
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/th ... ist-nation

Thrillist ranks the best frozen pizzas. Must be some regional ones on here because I didn't recognize them.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 10:35 AM Post
lol Home Run Inn?

That’s the best and no room for improvement? Must have been paid off to write that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 10:49 AM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
lol Home Run Inn?

That’s the best and no room for improvement? Must have been paid off to write that.

MrTPlush said:
You know to be honest I actually really like the thin crust at Pizza Hut, no shame. The outer crust is arguably some of the best I have ever eaten and I just can't go wrong getting a pepperoni lovers. Overall it may not be great, but I just have to get it occasionally for those crusty filled bites at the end of every slice. My comparable to toppers sticks is the bread bites at Dominos...they are like gold nuggets of goodness.

Your opinion holds no weight here, sir! [smile]

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 12:32 PM Post
The Home Run Inn is what prompted my complaint about no cardboard trays in the bugging you thread but I have to admit it was a pretty tasty frozen pizza, I don't like a lot of sauce and it seemed just right in that regard. It also gave me a stomachache a few hours later and it happened with both the sausage and the pepperoni so that takes it way off my best list.

Also, I didn't really care for Lotza Mottza but after hearing about the Taco Grande here I got one and threw some romaine, sour cream, and taco sauce on it and it was awesome.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 9:54 PM Post
Heading to Wausau next weekend. Looking forward to some pizza from Wausau Mining Company!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 10:13 PM Post
homer said:
MrTPlush said:
lol Home Run Inn?

MrTPlush said:
You know to be honest I actually really like the thin crust at Pizza Hut, no shame. The outer crust is arguably some of the best I have ever eaten and I just can't go wrong getting a pepperoni lovers. Overall it may not be great, but I just have to get it occasionally for those crusty filled bites at the end of every slice. My comparable to toppers sticks is the bread bites at Dominos...they are like gold nuggets of goodness.

Your opinion holds no weight here, sir! [smile]

Haha, it is okay...but nowhere near best frozen pizza. At the end of the day I still feel like I am eating a cheaper frozen pizza. I will say for the price (which is important in my frozen pizza tastes) it is solid. The crust just seemed forgettable to me.

I remember having it for the first time and wrote it off as another thing Chicago ‘burb people think is the greatest thing on earth that is simply normal/average.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 16, 2020, 10:54 AM Post
Global Moderator
I had Home Run Inn a couple of times and for the for first piece or two I would say "Wow, this is awesome." And then by the third piece I would be sick of it. Literally this happened three different times. Must have something to do with that butter crust.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 20, 2020, 10:40 AM Post
greeg35 said:
Heading to Wausau next weekend. Looking forward to some pizza from Wausau Mining Company!

"Come enjoy the good times, it's the only place for you." To all the central WI residents who listen to the Brewers on WSAU and have missed having that stuck in your head over the off-season, you're welcome [wink]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 24, 2020, 8:21 PM Post
In Racine...Wells Brothers and Derangos

In Kenosha...Luigis and Casa Capri

I’m also a big fan of Rockys, wish they had one in So Ill!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 24, 2020, 9:12 PM Post
Had a slice of Sal's Pizza (on College Ave. in Appleton) and one of their signature garlic rolls this past weekend.

My favorite place in Appleton, bar none. You know when it's good when I am looking to find the time to make it back again this week. Just so good!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply