LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 220 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Pizza

Offline  Re: Pizza
Posted: February 25, 2020, 6:18 AM Post
Weird. I drive up and down College all the time and never noticed Sal's before. I even used to work around there.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Pizza
Posted: February 25, 2020, 10:23 AM Post
Zad Fnark said:
Weird. I drive up and down College all the time and never noticed Sal's before. I even used to work around there.

It across the street from the PAC. Owned by true Italians as well...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 18, 2020, 7:05 PM Post
Just had a Jack's Mexican pizza for the potentially first time. (Alot of my memories of my pizza consuming time in college is a bit fuzzy.) Not bad for a cheap pizza.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 18, 2020, 8:53 PM Post
Hups pizza on 54th and Hampton and Tomasos in Cedarburg might be my two favorite local places. I recently tried Wy'east on 56th and Vliet and it might become one of my favorites.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 19, 2020, 7:38 AM Post
I'm a big fan of Lalli's pizza on 89th and North in Milwaukee.

Other favorites include, Pizzeria Scottie's for deep dish and Taratino's for a solid thin crust.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 19, 2020, 8:21 AM Post
This thread should be locked during non lunch/dinner times so I am not craving pizza at 9am.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 19, 2020, 9:18 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
This thread should be locked during non lunch/dinner times so I am not craving pizza at 9am.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 19, 2020, 3:03 PM Post
But leftover pizza is a wonderful breakfast. Possibly the best of them all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 19, 2020, 3:16 PM Post
Houlie24x said:
Hups pizza on 54th and Hampton and Tomasos in Cedarburg might be my two favorite local places. I recently tried Wy'east on 56th and Vliet and it might become one of my favorites.

You Named it! That is the pizza place I was thinking of growing up. For back then extremely large pizzas and weren't the pizzas cut in smaller squares?
Is Hup's still around?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 22, 2020, 9:55 AM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
Houlie24x said:

You Named it! That is the pizza place I was thinking of growing up. For back then extremely large pizzas and weren't the pizzas cut in smaller squares?
Is Hup's still around?

Yes, Hup's is still around. Id agree with you that the large is really big and it is cut into small squares.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2020, 4:10 PM Post
Out in the middle of nowhere between Fond du Lac and Oshkosh is a farm that started taking their dairy and beef products and making frozen pizzas, and they are fantastic.

https://www.pocopizza.com/

Some of them have some crazy ingredient combinations; I'm eagerly looking forward to having one of their horseradish beef pizzas. Right now they are showing a summer sausage and cheese curd pizza, a brat and curd pizza, cherry pulled pork, bacon mac and cheese, dutch apple pie, breakfast pizza... they have different varieties each week.

Available for "barnyard pickup" - you order on-line by 6pm Thursday evening and then pickup at the big shed out back on Saturday between 11am - 4pm. Comes complete with barnyard smell while waiting in line. They have lots of other stuff - ice cream, veggies, baked goods, beef sticks.

If you are anywhere near that area, or will be driving through mid-day on a Saturday, I highly recommend placing an order.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 12, 2021, 7:26 AM Post
I love supporting local farmers and businesses in general...but $9.50 for a 12 inch frozen pizza...? 9/10 I tell my wife to get some sense when she wants the $6ish Portesi. Of course I have bought a $5 half gallon of milk once to support a local farmer so I am sure I will pay $10 for a frozen pizza too.

On another note, the reason I dug this thread up, I’m not a huge fan of Lottza Mottza. Stupid amount of cheese for the amount of crust. HOWEVER, there is a new artisan crust that is a thicker crust and WOW. So much better! I believe it is the same price as the normal crust, but not sure as I bought it when there was a $4.50 sale. Highly recommend trying.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 12, 2021, 8:42 AM Post
Global Moderator
Stupid amount of cheese for the amount of crust.

That is the point! [laughing]

The new crust sounds interesting though. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 12, 2021, 8:56 AM Post
Yeah, it's even in the name "Lottza" Mottza... lol

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 12, 2021, 9:40 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
I love supporting local farmers and businesses in general...but $9.50 for a 12 inch frozen pizza...? 9/10 I tell my wife to get some sense when she wants the $6ish Portesi. Of course I have bought a $5 half gallon of milk once to support a local farmer so I am sure I will pay $10 for a frozen pizza too.

On another note, the reason I dug this thread up, I’m not a huge fan of Lottza Mottza. Stupid amount of cheese for the amount of crust. HOWEVER, there is a new artisan crust that is a thicker crust and WOW. So much better! I believe it is the same price as the normal crust, but not sure as I bought it when there was a $4.50 sale. Highly recommend trying.

Thanks for the heads up. The wife likes them as well bit prefers a thicker crust, so she might be willing to give it a try.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 12, 2021, 9:53 AM Post
I had regular old Pizza Hut thin crust pepperoni last night. Loved it!

It's probably my favorite pizza, when it's good, it's good!

It's tough to beat their thin crust when it's done just perfectly.

I know the pizza purists will disagree with me, but I like their pizza.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 12, 2021, 10:03 AM Post
its the best "fast food" pizza by far

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 12, 2021, 10:05 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
its the best "fast food" pizza by far

I also really like Little Ceasers... Can't beat the price, and it's still pretty good heated up as leftovers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 12, 2021, 10:41 AM Post
you can't beat the price and I think Little Caesars is hit or miss for me. I used to like Papa John's but it has gone way down hill. The issue is that there are so many local pizza joints that make excellent pizza for not much more, there is no reason to not patronize them. I live less than 2 miles from balistreri's in Wauwatosa so thats my goto.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 12, 2021, 11:58 AM Post
I enjoyed Pizza Hut as a kid. I honestly think they changed the recipe or quality of ingredients years ago as it just isn't great anymore. My girlfriend agrees with me on that.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 220 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply