LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next  [ 307 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Pizza

Offline  Re: Pizza
Posted: February 26, 2021, 8:57 PM Post
Chicago deep dish pizza isn't really even pizza. It's good once every couple years though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 26, 2021, 10:01 PM Post
Zad Fnark said:
Any opinions on Christiano's?

Had it forever ago, so I can't remember.

I would say it is above average.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2021, 12:39 AM Post
JosephC said:
JohnBriggs12 said:
I think I had Rocky Rococo's once a long time ago when I was in Wisconsin. I didn't think it came close to the pizza in Chicago. I'm no fan of any Chicago teams but when I make it back to Wisconsin, we look for fish frys on Fridays, and prime rib on Saturdays, and wait till we're back in Illinois for pizza.

Back in the late 70's Rocky's was a true deep dish pizza but certainly the definition of deep dish has changed and I don't really even consider Rocky's to be a deep dish pizza at all anymore. I would never try to compare it to a Chicago style deep dish because that is an entirely different animal.

I really like the Chicago-style deep dish pizza after I get about half the sauce scrapped off. But I have never found a decent Chicago-style deep dish pizza in the western half of Dane County. Recommendations are welcome. I'm to the point where I have started looking at youtube videos for recipes because I am pretty near trying to make my own from scratch!

It does you no good now because they've been gone for a long time, but Gino's on State St. in Madison used to be phenomenal.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2021, 8:32 AM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
My favorite deep dish in Chicago remains Art of Pizza on Ashland, just south of Belmont in Lincoln Park area.

That's definitely my second favorite. Last summer when they shut down the running trails I used to run up and down Ashland right past it.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Pizza
Posted: February 27, 2021, 9:16 AM Post
Global Moderator
Fear The Chorizo said:
My favorite deep dish in Chicago remains Art of Pizza on Ashland, just south of Belmont in Lincoln Park area.

Art of Pizza is very good deep dish.
Lou Malnati's is known for their Chicago style but I really like their thin crust. I think one just opened in Brookfield, WI.
Some other Chicago places we like are Coal Fire (not as good delivered) and Craft Pizza.
Another thin crust that's pretty decent is Bartoli's.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2021, 11:03 AM Post
Global Moderator
FVBrewerFan said:
Chicago deep dish pizza isn't really even pizza. It's good once every couple years though.

Blasphemous! It's a pizza pie!

When I was in college, Eduardo's was our favorite celebration place. A bit too expensive for regular visits (in college), but loved it for those special occasions. Unfortunately, they've closed. [sad]

A couple of years ago, we tried Giordano's in the Twin Cities and it just wasn't the same.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2021, 1:54 PM Post
I love Chicago deep dish. That is dinner and lunch for 3 days.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2021, 4:01 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
stoutdude04 said:
Im a sucker for Rockys salad bar. Must be the french dressing.

The hawing household also favors the salad bar at Rocky's - though of course we haven't been in at least a year, and I can't imagine they're doing salad bars nowadays. [sad]

The Madison location closest to Camp Randall has/had a honey mustard dressing that was excellent.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2021, 4:12 PM Post
Global Moderator
Is talking about salad in a Pizza thread a bannable offense? [wink] [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2021, 9:54 AM Post
If anyone makes it up to the UP (Iron Mountain/Kingsford area), 51st State Brewing Co. has really good pizza. Beer's not bad either!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2021, 9:26 AM Post
Has anyone had the DiGiorno Croissant crust pizza? How is it?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2021, 11:49 AM Post
Every once in a while, I get a craving for that good old fashioned rectangle shaped pizza that my high school cafeteria served.
Probably alone on that though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2021, 1:24 PM Post
Hopper said:
Every once in a while, I get a craving for that good old fashioned rectangle shaped pizza that my high school cafeteria served.

Na. I still cut mine into rectangles sometimes. [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2021, 3:40 PM Post
Hopper said:

Buy one of those TV dinners...it tastes pretty close even getting the soggy and chewy texture.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2021, 4:40 PM Post
yeah just get a totino's square pizza. its the same.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 12, 2021, 5:15 PM Post
I would eat 30 day old school pizza out of a dumpster before I would eat totinos. Totinos is the worst pizza ever.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2021, 10:28 AM Post
adamb100 said:
Has anyone had the DiGiorno Croissant crust pizza? How is it?

I've had it. Can't complain but I wouldn't say world shattering either. Worth a try if you think you might like it.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Pizza
Posted: March 13, 2021, 11:10 AM Post
Global Moderator
Does anybody make their own crust from scratch? I would like to try to make my own thin crust.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2021, 12:18 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Hopper said:

Buy one of those TV dinners...it tastes pretty close even getting the soggy and chewy texture.

What TV dinners are you talking about? I see someone said totinos below but I have had their pizza rolls and it's hard to believe it's not garbage. I loved school cafeteria pizza and can still remember the taste but never found anything like it.

Pizza Villa in West Salem was a recent discovery I had, awesome crust although I would recommend extra cheese.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2021, 1:00 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
I would eat 30 day old school pizza out of a dumpster before I would eat totinos. Totinos is the worst pizza ever.

My wife and I ate those in college and still buy a few today when we see them on sale for $1 (which isn’t often anymore). It’s not great pizza, but it is a great value.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next  [ 307 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply