LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 142 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Pizza

Online  Re: Pizza

Posted: January 17, 2020, 9:11 AM Post
Dom's is the closest thing to a genuine pizza among the chains. Pizza Hut uses premade frozen dough and over the years has been the master of the gimmick, cheesy bites crust, stuffing the crust with mozz, etc. If you like that sort of thing or don't care, you'll probably like Pizza Hut. It's basically the Taco Bell equivalent of Pizza which isn't entirely surprising since both are Yum! brands. Admittedly, it's been quite a long time (5+ years) since I've eaten at either one.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Pizza

Posted: January 17, 2020, 9:50 AM Post
You stating your opinions as facts is not really the way to go about things in a thread like this.

IMO, Dominoes is bad, not good... I know others like it, my parents love it, but no matter where I have had it, it is just not good.............................to me.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 9:51 AM Post
I enjoy the Jets in Little Chute, but that is the only Jets I have ever been to. My daughter always picked it for her Birthday meal through her high school years, so there are definitely those who like it, and it is always busy

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 9:51 AM Post
Global Moderator
When I was a kid Domino's was horrible. I literally think they used actual rabbit turds as sausage. Somewhere along the way they got a new CEO who revamped the whole menu/pizza making process. I like it best of all the giant chain pizzas now...still stay away from the sausage though. [smile]

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 10:06 AM Post
turborickey said:
You stating your opinions as facts is not really the way to go about things in a thread like this.

IMO, Dominoes is bad, not good... I know others like it, my parents love it, but no matter where I have had it, it is just not good.............................to me.

Relax. I never said you couldn't like Pizza Hut, Pizza Planet, Pizza Face or that you had to love Dom's. I didn't even reply to you. I said it's the closest thing to a traditional pizza among the chains, which is true if you believe a traditional pizza uses fresh dough. That's not my opinion. That's how they make it, and Pizza Hut uses a pre-made frozen crust. I'm happy that you like it.

I don't why you responded like that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 10:12 AM Post
My votes go to Joe's Fox Hut in Fond du Lac, Caradaro Club in the MIL and Happy Tap in the Dirty Stallis.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 11:04 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
turborickey said:

Relax.

I don't why you responded like that.

All good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 3:26 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
JosephC said:
Also upset that Rocky's got booted out of Westgate Mall and no longer have a delivery option for the west side of Madison.

I think the best pizza in Middleton/west side of Madison is The Roman Candle.

http://theromancandle.com/

The Rocky's out at Mineral Point and Tree Lane doesn't deliver? I suppose maybe not because they have the theater and game area?

The Roman Candle just closed its Monroe St location last month. They're still in Middleton and on Willy though.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 3:31 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Storm said:
I am surprised no one has mentioned Papa Murphy's. That was our go to place when we lived in Brookfield.

Since we moved to rural Wisconsin I buy Wewalka refrigerated pizza crust (2 choices found at Woodman's and Walmart) and make my own. Not much more effort than buying a frozen one and adding extra stuff.

I'm...going to be that "guy" and add that we have had cauliflower-crust pizza, and have bought frozen cauliflower crusts and topped them ourselves. It erases the SO's carb concern and honestly tastes fine to me. The consistency is different, but it's a reasonable alternative for us.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 3:35 PM Post
Global Moderator
hawing said:
Storm said:
I am surprised no one has mentioned Papa Murphy's. That was our go to place when we lived in Brookfield.

Since we moved to rural Wisconsin I buy Wewalka refrigerated pizza crust (2 choices found at Woodman's and Walmart) and make my own. Not much more effort than buying a frozen one and adding extra stuff.

I'm...going to be that "guy" and add that we have had cauliflower-crust pizza, and have bought frozen cauliflower crusts and topped them ourselves. It erases the SO's carb concern and honestly tastes fine to me. The consistency is different, but it's a reasonable alternative for us.

Have you ever tried a quinoa crust? Or is that too carby? I found a recipe online but haven't gotten around to giving it a shot yet.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 4:32 PM Post
I've had the cauliflower homemade and Costco's. It falls under the pesto category. I thought it was good, but, I won't call it pizza.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 17, 2020, 9:00 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
I've had the cauliflower homemade and Costco's. It falls under the pesto category. I thought it was good, but, I won't call it pizza.

Ditto on the Cauliflower crusts and while good, I do not consider it pizza. Just like how I like turkey bacon but do not consider it all to be real bacon.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 18, 2020, 6:30 AM Post
Rocky's sausage is amazing but I don't care for all that dough, there has to be better balance. I had both Pizza Hut and Papa Johns once in the last few years ad couldn't stomach more than a couple of pieces. Pizza Pit LOL we used to order that after bar when I was in my early 20's, greasiest pizza ever but hit the spot at that time.

For my hometown favorite South Lanes Pizza in La Crosse is the best in town, the sausage pepperoni is perfection. Best pizza I ever had was at these mediterranean places in Minneapolis, there was one right next door to First Avenue downtown and one Uptown in the 90's. The gyro, the eggplant, the spinach, they were all amazing. Not sure if they are still around, I doubt it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 18, 2020, 7:50 AM Post
Global Moderator
hawing said:
Storm said:

I had to go gluten free (not by choice) about a year ago, and we've managed to find some solid substitutes for crust, frozen pizzas, and delivery. Dominos actually has one of the better ones I've had.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 18, 2020, 10:46 AM Post
Today, we are going to be trying the Lotza Motza Taco Grande pizza...

Sure looks great, I'll report back my findings later.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 18, 2020, 10:54 AM Post
Stopped at our local Papa Murphy's last night, and they have a "Pizza Friday" deal. $5 for a large 1-topping thin-crust. That seems like a steal.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 18, 2020, 11:53 AM Post
Global Moderator
this article is really interesting. I had no idea DiGiorno's was made in WI. Also, anyone had Hansen's frozen pizza? Guess it's the bees knees.

Wisconsin leads nation in frozen pizza consumption:
https://www.postcrescent.com/story/life ... 776334002/

Oh man...I totally remember this commercial:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ol ... ORM=VDMCNR

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 18, 2020, 1:37 PM Post
turborickey said:

Very good, decent amount of spice. I'd do it again for certain!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 18, 2020, 2:32 PM Post
turborickey said:
turborickey said:

Very good, decent amount of spice. I'd do it again for certain!

I liked it as well. Took the olives off and it was tight up my alley.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 18, 2020, 2:56 PM Post
Has anyone ever had a Real ‘Za? It looks pretty good on the box and almost got them when my grocery store had them on sale.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 142 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply