LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 94 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Cutting the cord

Offline  Re: Cutting the cord

Posted: February 24, 2020, 3:34 PM Post
PrestigeWorldwide said:
How are Brewer and Bucks games with YouTube TV? I like to record and then try to get through Bucks games in about an hour and a Brewer game in maybe 90 minutes. How user-friendly is the fast-forward functionality with the DVR?

Extremely friendly. Best part is you just subscribe to a team and it records every game for you, regardless of time or channel, so any nationally televised games on ESPN, FOX, TNT, FS1, etc. are automatically recorded as well. It also accounts for long games and records the entire thing, so if the Brewers go 15 innings it will record the entire game for you, not just the three-hour window the game was earmarked for.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 24, 2020, 3:47 PM Post
That is my favorite part, the fact that you wont miss any of the game no matter how long it goes.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 25, 2020, 2:15 PM Post
For the record, I subscribed to Youtube TV after Playstation Vue went away.

Better Interface

Doesn't take too long for the stream to come up

Has thumbnails when you fast forward or go back. That way you know when to pick back up to efficiently skip the commercials.

Does a good job of scanning the on demand items of other stations. I finally saw Taken... very troublesome... especially with three daughters who are young adults

Bottom line -- I'm glad I made the switch.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Cutting the cord

Posted: February 25, 2020, 2:49 PM Post
Global Moderator
tmwiese55 said:
Right, live sports is one of the few instances where you really need, well, at least where it's really really better if you just have normal cable.

For the record, I've had zero issues watching any Wisconsin sports teams with Hulu Live since we made the switch in the fall of 2018.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 26, 2020, 8:19 AM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
I finally saw Taken... very troublesome... especially with three daughters who are young adults

Taken 2 and 3 don't get any better in that regard... To be honest, once you have seen the first, you don't need to see the others...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 12:16 PM Post
Ummm... okay, sounds like Fox Sports Wisconsin might be going away from YouTube TV in a couple days:

https://twitter.com/YouTubeTV/status/12 ... 0584621057

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 12:17 PM Post
This sucks as the ability to get Bucks and Brewers game through it was a huge reason I've been a customer for them... guess it's time to go back to MLB.TV...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 12:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
Ooof that Fox Sports news is not great. For me, being in MN, it's not a deal breaker, but it is very unfortunate. I do like watching Twins games, and now that won't be possible. I'm hoping they get something done. I feel like they will, but they will have to play some hardball (pun intended).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 12:25 PM Post
Does Hulu Live Offer FSWI? I switched from Sling to YouTube TV when Sling lost FSWI. This really stinks.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 12:27 PM Post
Global Moderator
Yes, FSWI is on Hulu Live.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 12:40 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Yes, FSWI is on Hulu Live.

It appears that Hulu Live is going to have to be a "go to" for now, unless they get some carriage agreements worked out. That's a bummer, because Hulu Live's interface is an absolute crapstorm. I really like YouTube TV, and was planning on going with that service to watch ball games this summer (switching from Sling).

AT&T TV NOW is another possibility I suppose, but that is getting quite pricey at $65/month.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 12:57 PM Post
me too, I had youtube tv for a while and loved it. switching to hulu tv, hopefully they don't run into rights issues this summer.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 1:06 PM Post
I suppose there's always the "pirated stream from a reddit link" route, but in my experience those are chock full of popup ads and are far from dependable. This is really unfortunate for a lot of people, especially those who live in rural areas with no access to cable. I'm one of those. I was a longtime DISH customer until getting fed up with the price increases. When I finally cut the cord and cancelled, I was playing $150/month for a basic package. Sling was great for the majority of the season last year, as the interface worked nice, the stream solid and it was only $30/month.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 1:48 PM Post
I've really been happy with Youtube TV so this is disappointing. I wonder if this is a final decision or if they're still negotiating and this is part of the negotiation strategy. I'm going to miss the unlimited DVR when I switch to Hulu Live.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 2:02 PM Post
Given that every service says something like this and then FSNWI disappears forever I don't think it looks too great for YouTube TV. Sucks for everyone that enjoyed it. Personally I just lose interest once it's above $10 for a service, but I'd happily pay $10/mo for that one channel.

Probably stuck with crap like this until all the deals can be scrapped and MLB can act on the fact that they need to get their games back in living rooms if they want to grow the sport. A combination of a 20-pk, radio, At-Bat, and occasional PW sharing will suffice for me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 2:33 PM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
This is devastating news. I want to watch the Bucks and the Brewers. Thats literally all I want to watch. Anyone have any advice?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 2:41 PM Post
JackNicholson1974 said:
This is devastating news. I want to watch the Bucks and the Brewers. Thats literally all I want to watch. Anyone have any advice?

The advice is, basically, Hulu Live TV or AT&T TV NOW ... until those services ultimately drop it as well. The speculation is that Hulu Live TV might be safe for now, as it is a Disney-owned company, and Sinclair literally just bought the Fox RSNs from Disney 6 months ago.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 2:44 PM Post
Hulu Live appears to be the next best streaming solution if this doesn't get worked out. I'm hoping the fact that Youtube TV is the sponsor of things like the World Series and the NBA finals means that they'll continue to actually try and carry the teams that are trying to compete in these events.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 3:27 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
JackNicholson1974 said:

The advice is, basically, Hulu Live TV or AT&T TV NOW ... until those services ultimately drop it as well. The speculation is that Hulu Live TV might be safe for now, as it is a Disney-owned company, and Sinclair literally just bought the Fox RSNs from Disney 6 months ago.

its probably the way to go, I went with youtube tv because hulu tv doesn't stream through my PS4. I think by just buying a roku stick and switching is what I am going to do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 3:50 PM Post
Both YouTubeTV and Hulu Live were/are about $55/mo.

The way I may end up going is:

1.) One of the Sling packages to get some general channels for $30/mo (+ perhaps the $10 sports addon to get MLB Network),
2.) MLB.TV single team package for $94 (or get all teams for $120), and
3.) NBA League Pass single team package for $18/mo (only needed for appx 6 months per year).

That adds up to basically a $47/mo package over the course of a year ($57 if I tack on Sling sports). That said, I'm also in Maryland, so MLB.TV and NBA League Pass may have blackout restriction problems for others.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 94 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply