LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 94 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Cutting the cord

Offline  Re: Cutting the cord

Posted: February 27, 2020, 7:24 PM Post
At this point, I've got to assume Sinclair's pricing is getting out of control. Whatever the case may be, they'll continue to point the finger at each other all the while it's the consumer that's being punished. Glad I have Hulu Live.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 8:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
Bummed about the YouTube TV news because I was about to pull the trigger on switching to that option (currently have DirecTV).

I really wish I could just pay for a version of MLB.tv that allowed in-market viewing of Brewers games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 27, 2020, 8:29 PM Post
Spectrum has a streaming service, does anyone know anything about it? I went from like 6 or 7 options down to Hulu live or Spectrum.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Cutting the cord

Posted: February 27, 2020, 8:33 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Spectrum has a streaming service, does anyone know anything about it? I went from like 6 or 7 options down to Hulu live or Spectrum.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you're getting Brewers baseball with Spectrum live. It's a bunch of crap like extra innings and MLB Network. I can't imagine they'd give away their golden cow with the streaming service. Those regional sports networks are the only thing keeping cable TV afloat. The rest of it's crap or can be had for peanuts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 29, 2020, 8:19 AM Post
For what it’s worth fs Wisconsin is still on YouTube live. I thought it was gone starting today?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 29, 2020, 8:36 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
For what it’s worth fs Wisconsin is still on YouTube live. I thought it was gone starting today?

They announced late last night a temporary extension while they continue to negotiate a long term deal.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 29, 2020, 8:52 AM Post
Vgmastr said:
patrickgpe said:

They announced late last night a temporary extension while they continue to negotiate a long term deal.

Pretty sure that's what happened with Sling too. There was a short extension (<one week) before it went dark permanently. I would very much like them to come to an agreement, as I've had very little luck with Hulu Live TV in the past, and YTTV has a much, much better interface.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 05, 2020, 8:52 AM Post
Somewhat of an update from Youtube TV this morning. Fox Sports Wisconsin still showing up for me (as of now)

TeamYouTube
@TeamYouTube
Replying to
@mke_ford
We've reached an agreement with Sinclair and we’ll no longer be able to offer FOX Regional Sports Networks in select areas as of March 5th. If your area is impacted by a channel loss, you’ll be notified in the YouTube TV app soon.
6:22 AM · Mar 5, 2020·Salesforce - Social Studio

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 05, 2020, 9:15 AM Post
Sounds like only YES Network, Fox Sports Prime Ticket and Fox Sports West will be dropped. My understanding is that all other RSNs will continue to be available going forward, including Fox Sports Wisconsin.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/youtube ... s-network/

Also, seems like YouTube TV is currently offering another extended 2 week free trial to new users, so if anyone hasn't tried them yet you have until March 15 to take advantage of this free trial.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/youtube ... -march-15/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 05, 2020, 9:31 AM Post
Very happy about this development. Hopefully it's a long term deal for the smaller regional sports networks like Fox Sports Wisconsin. Bummer for the fans in LA and NY and I'm assuming they won't be picking up the Cubs new channel as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 05, 2020, 9:51 AM Post
statman0007 said:
Very happy about this development. Hopefully it's a long term deal for the smaller regional sports networks like Fox Sports Wisconsin. Bummer for the fans in LA and NY and I'm assuming they won't be picking up the Cubs new channel as well.

Me too. Really odd though that YouTube TV isn't releasing a list of those Sinclair RSNs that they'll continue to carry. All they are telling people is that if they are losing their RSN, they'll receive a notification via their YouTube TV app.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 05, 2020, 2:58 PM Post
Looks like they have sent an email out today on this:
I am in the Fox Sports Arizona I believe it is region.

Hi there,
We recently announced that FOX Regional Sports Networks would no longer be available on YouTube TV. We have since come to an agreement with Sinclair that will allow us to continue to carry FOX Regional Sports Networks in select areas.
Your access will not be impacted as previously communicated. You will be able to continue to watch live, on demand, or recorded content from your local FOX Regional Sports Network.
Thanks for your patience,
The YouTube TV team

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 05, 2020, 5:34 PM Post
Global Moderator
Got the same email today as well. Glad to hear it, as I really didn't want to have to cancel YouTube TV. It's too good compared to the other options out there.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2020, 12:22 PM Post
This happens every few years. Deals get worked out and the customers are happy (for the most part). Wash, rinse, repeat.

With the streaming options, people can now jump from service to service every month. I like choices and options. Now... if I can get Sunday Ticket on ANY platform except Direct TV...

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 94 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply