LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 17 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Pro Wrestling Thread

Offline  Pro Wrestling Thread

Posted: April 16, 2020, 4:37 PM Post
The other one says 2017, so I think we can have just one that isn't dated.

Howard Finkel passed away at the age of 69. Perhaps the best ring announcer ever... and hard to believe he was only 69.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Pro Wrestling Thread

Posted: April 17, 2020, 7:26 AM Post
Global Moderator
Yes, such a shame. I was shocked that he was only 69 as well. The Fink was such a big part of WWF/WWE history.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 05, 2020, 1:04 PM Post
Sorry, I know this is random. But I just received a figurine of the Shockmaster as a birthday gift from my cousin today, so I was pretty excited.

For those of you who don't know:

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 05, 2020, 8:35 PM Post
More TV show related but the whole or most of the "Dark Side of the Ring" documentary series is on Youtube. I've watched the first two episodes and it's pretty good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2020, 8:12 AM Post
Global Moderator
jerichoholicninja said:
More TV show related but the whole or most of the "Dark Side of the Ring" documentary series is on Youtube. I've watched the first two episodes and it's pretty good.

Great series. Could totally see the episde about the UWF being a made into a movie with Jonah Hill playing Herb Abrams.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2020, 8:14 PM Post
FS1 showing Wrestlemania 3 tonight. Lots of old, out of shape wrestlers, but still entertaining. Hacksaw Jim Duggan and his 2x4.

Amazing how much debris was thrown at the wrestlers as they were coming down to the ring. But, that's Detroit.

Last edited by LouisEly on May 13, 2020, 11:32 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2020, 9:25 PM Post
LouisEly said:
But, that's Detroit.

Garbage and Detroit go hand in hand. The last time I was in Detroit I thought I was in the Eastern Bloc.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2020, 12:34 PM Post
looks like becky lynch will be hanging it up due to pregnancy. Her segment was as genuine of a moment as you can have in WWE. Loved Asuka's reaction since she didn't know what was up when she went out there. probably will make a return for a wrestlemania or summer slam in a few years, but likely won't see her for a while. she was always my favorite of the "woman's revolution"

Have been watching AEW more often of late with all sports taking a break. I have to admit it is better than Raw or Smackdown consistently, but still think NXT is the top show in the industry. the main event last week between Y2k and some other guy and hardy/omega, was as good of a match you will see on cable TV.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2020, 9:25 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
looks like becky lynch will be hanging it up due to pregnancy. Her segment was as genuine of a moment as you can have in WWE. Loved Asuka's reaction since she didn't know what was up when she went out there. probably will make a return for a wrestlemania or summer slam in a few years, but likely won't see her for a while. she was always my favorite of the "woman's revolution"

Have been watching AEW more often of late with all sports taking a break. I have to admit it is better than Raw or Smackdown consistently, but still think NXT is the top show in the industry. the main event last week between Y2k and some other guy and hardy/omega, was as good of a match you will see on cable TV.

Honestly, I have come to quite enjoy AEW! I can always count on Chris Jericho for a good laugh!! Two words, Pineapple Pete!! [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2020, 10:43 PM Post
LouisEly said:
FS1 showing Wrestlemania 3 tonight. Lots of old, out of shape wrestlers, but still entertaining. Hacksaw Jim Duggan and his 2x4.

Amazing how much debris was thrown at the wrestlers as they were coming down to the ring. But, that's Detroit.

I wish I could have seen that. Bob Uecker was on that one, as well as the famous match of Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ricky “The Dragon “ Steamboat.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 14, 2020, 10:07 AM Post
Jaylyn said:
patrickgpe said:

Honestly, I have come to quite enjoy AEW! I can always count on Chris Jericho for a good laugh!! Two words, Pineapple Pete!! [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

I gave up on WWE about five or six years ago mostly due to not having time to watch it. I'd still read about what was going on and try to keep up with it but it turned into a horrible kid's circus show and I totally lost interest in it. I've seen every episode of AEW since it started last year and it's light years better. I will totally acknowledge it has flaws. Some of their promos and video packages are so eyeroll and cringe worthy and most matches evolve into a bunch of jumpy, flippy, divey moves but it's actually wrestling matches and wrestling storylines.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 14, 2020, 12:14 PM Post
AKCheesehead said:
LouisEly said:

I wish I could have seen that. Bob Uecker was on that one, as well as the famous match of Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ricky “The Dragon “ Steamboat.

Do you have cable or satellite TV with FS1? Might be free on on-demand since it was just on over-the-air.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2020, 9:00 AM Post
AEW is doing empty arena shows a million times better than WWE/NXT. Having the extra wrestlers sitting in the stands making noise makes a world of difference.

Thoughts on the cinematic matches that WWE has produced? I thought The Boneyard Match at WrestleMania was amazing. Money in the Bank was also good. On the other hand, I thought the Edge/Orton street fight and Ciampa/Gargano matches were too long and boring.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2020, 12:03 PM Post
LouisEly said:
AKCheesehead said:
LouisEly said:

Do you have cable or satellite TV with FS1? Might be free on on-demand since it was just on over-the-air.

Sadly, I don't even get FS1 with our cable package.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 23, 2020, 6:22 PM Post
One of the Royal Rumbles, I believe 2008, is on FS1 right now.

One of the matches is MVP vs. Rick Flair. I don't remember MVP being that big of a deal.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 23, 2020, 8:17 PM Post
LouisEly said:

One of the matches is MVP vs. Rick Flair. I don't remember MVP being that big of a deal.

He was decent for a bit...one of the great things about COVID19 is they are being forced to play reruns of REAL WWF/WWE. Bringing back memories I thought were long vacated from my mind!

Forgot all about Meeeeeeesta KENNEDY too. He was fun.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 23, 2020, 8:59 PM Post
LouisEly said:

I believe that match was during the leadup to Flair's retirement where he had to keep winning matches or be forced to retire so he was pretty much running the mid-card gauntlet.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 17 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply