LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  [ 188 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

COVID-19 aftermath: What things will change forever?

Offline  Re: COVID-19 aftermath: What things will change forever?
Posted: May 21, 2020, 3:57 PM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
I think the Milky Way drive-in in Franklin is an awesome idea. However, $35 a car is too much for non-1st run movies. Also, their May selection of movies is beyond awful.

https://www.milkywaydrivein.com/

Also, most of the kids movies they are showing are all available to stream on Disney plus. I agree that $35 a car is bad news for couples without kids to have to pay. Also, there's a Pick N Save across the street with a Red Box that currently has over half the movies on DVD that they plan on showing. Families with kids could simply rent those for $1.80 and watch them in the comfort of their own living room rather than pay $35 for the "Drive-In" experience where the kids currently can't even leave the car to run around.

Here's the worst part of it all... Unlike traditional Drive-in's of the past, there will be no double features!

There are emptying the parking lot between movies and you get just one movie for your $35. Terrible idea that will backfire on them IMO. They only left about 30 min between films to empty and re-fill the parking lots it seems. Huge mistake.

GREED! Cheaper rates, means more people will go. I wouldn't go for that price, especially if it was just 2 people. just bad marketing.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 21, 2020, 3:58 PM Post
Outlander said:
I thought so too about the Mallards when they were selling $40 a carload for one movie with similar type movies. However, they already sold out a number of showings (including a not so great Aladdin yesterday) so maybe the Milkmen will do okay as well.

They probably sold out for the novelty aspect of going to the drive-in.

At that price, no way the interest level stays past the first couple of weeks.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 21, 2020, 8:14 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'm hearing that the Majestic is looking to turn their lot into a drive in.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: COVID-19 aftermath: What things will change forever?
Posted: May 21, 2020, 8:28 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
Will houses get bigger if one or both spouses work from home?

I think people would want an extra room in the house for a true office if they actually had to work from home that much. Feels like most families have that already though...either a spare room or a basement.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 22, 2020, 7:08 AM Post
turborickey said:
Outlander said:
I thought so too about the Mallards when they were selling $40 a carload for one movie with similar type movies. However, they already sold out a number of showings (including a not so great Aladdin yesterday) so maybe the Milkmen will do okay as well.

You are right about that, if they expect that kind of revenue all summer it just isn't going to happen but it can work short term. Once Marcus and others realize there is money to be made that will drive down demand and probably price as well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 22, 2020, 7:14 AM Post
Global Moderator
Outlander said:
turborickey said:
Outlander said:

You are right about that, if they expect that kind of revenue all summer it just isn't going to happen but it can work short term. Once Marcus and others realize there is money to be made that will drive down demand and probably price as well.

Yeah, supply and demand still applies. There's certainly a lot of demand for anything to do. And not much supply. 150 carloads is a pretty small amount in the Milwaukee area and there are a lot of families.

That will change though. And, as I said, those 9 pm and later showings on a weeknight are bound to be sparsely attended after the novelty wears off at the latest prices. I've no doubt that the Milkmen will make a killing the first weekend or two though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2020, 8:43 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
If you're up for a south central Wisconsin road trip, Monroe's Sky-Vu drive-in is still rolling, and plans to open for the 2020 season in June:

http://goetzskyvu.com/SKY-VU/SV_SHOWS_%26_TIMES.html

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2020, 9:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
The Jefferson Highway 18 drive in is still open as well. The family has bbeen going there 1-2 times every summer. I think theyr'e also planning to open in june.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  [ 188 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply