LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next  [ 1517 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]

Author Message
Online  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 06, 2021, 11:21 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7634
Machu Peach said:
homer said:
reillymcshane said:
Wisconsin has actually been lagging way behind most states in distributing shots. My wife told me the state is 2nd worst in the nation at getting our people vaccinated. Roughly 1/5 of all the vaccines sent to Wisconsin haven't been used (source below).
.


I know they started out slow but I thought a lot of progress was made in the last week. I thought they had moved up to like 28th best or something.

Per this guy they are now 6th in the nation:

https://twitter.com/DanRShafer/status/1 ... 7849535492
Yep. Publicly available info lists Wisconsin as 6th in the nation as far as percent of vaccine used and near the national average in percent of people receiving one dose and percent of people receiving two doses.
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covi ... tribution/

I can't read the bloomberg info as it's pay - but I can just say that my wife's organization is frustrated. The feeling is that the rural and poor areas are bypassed for the bigger cities. My wife's org can't fill all the 2nd vaccines that they are supposed to dispense this week. Immensely frustrating. Shouldn't happen.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 06, 2021, 11:44 PM Post
Posts: 183
reillymcshane said:
I can't read the bloomberg info as it's pay
It is accessible with a free account. In case you don't want to do that.
WI has used 79.9% of its vaccine, the national average is 68.3%
WI has given 10% of its population one dose, the national average is 9.5%
WI has given 2.7% of its population two doses, the national average is 2.7%

reillymcshane said:
- but I can just say that my wife's organization is frustrated. The feeling is that the rural and poor areas are bypassed for the bigger cities.
I can't speak to feelings and I don't know the factors going into distribution plans, but it would make sense to prioritize geographical locations at the most risk. Urban areas have had significantly higher mortality and morbidity rates than rural areas.

reillymcshane said:
My wife's org can't fill all the 2nd vaccines that they are supposed to dispense this week. Immensely frustrating. Shouldn't happen.
There was outcry a couple weeks ago that too much vaccine was being withheld for second doses. There's just not a balance that's going to satisfy everyone.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 07, 2021, 11:35 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 416
Location: Neenah
homer said:

Stay strong and get better soon!


Thanks Homer. If you can avoid it, do so. It's a completely miserable experience.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 07, 2021, 9:17 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7068
reillymcshane said:
I can't read the bloomberg info as it's pay - but I can just say that my wife's organization is frustrated. The feeling is that the rural and poor areas are bypassed for the bigger cities. My wife's org can't fill all the 2nd vaccines that they are supposed to dispense this week. Immensely frustrating. Shouldn't happen.

That's going on in pretty much every state (feelings that rural areas aren't getting enough in favor of the bigger cities).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 07, 2021, 9:18 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7068
Zad Fnark said:
It's a completely miserable experience.

COVID, or being on the phone with the Health Department for an hour?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 07, 2021, 10:59 PM Post
Posts: 12379
LouisEly said:
Zad Fnark said:
It's a completely miserable experience.

COVID, or being on the phone with the Health Department for an hour?

Why not both?

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 08, 2021, 10:19 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9041
LouisEly said:
reillymcshane said:
I can't read the bloomberg info as it's pay - but I can just say that my wife's organization is frustrated. The feeling is that the rural and poor areas are bypassed for the bigger cities. My wife's org can't fill all the 2nd vaccines that they are supposed to dispense this week. Immensely frustrating. Shouldn't happen.

That's going on in pretty much every state (feelings that rural areas aren't getting enough in favor of the bigger cities).


And also you have The WHO throwing a fit because "rich" countries are "hoarding" vaccines over other countries.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 08, 2021, 10:22 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9041
South Africa is halting its rollout of the AstraZeneca-University of Oxford Covid-19 vaccine, the country’s minister of health said Sunday, following a new analysis that suggests the shot “provides minimal protection” against mild disease caused by the new coronavirus variant circulating in South Africa.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/07/south-africa-halts-rollout-of-astrazenecas-covid-19-vaccine-after-shot-falters-against-variant/


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 08, 2021, 12:10 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 13585
jerichoholicninja said:
South Africa is halting its rollout of the AstraZeneca-University of Oxford Covid-19 vaccine, the country’s minister of health said Sunday, following a new analysis that suggests the shot “provides minimal protection” against mild disease caused by the new coronavirus variant circulating in South Africa.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/07/south-africa-halts-rollout-of-astrazenecas-covid-19-vaccine-after-shot-falters-against-variant/


So it provides protection against death and severe disease but not mild disease?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 08, 2021, 12:19 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 416
Location: Neenah
logan82 said:
LouisEly said:
Zad Fnark said:
It's a completely miserable experience.

COVID, or being on the phone with the Health Department for an hour?

Why not both?


lol

I've been having to fill out symptom surveys twice a day on top of this. My attention span is getting taxed right now.

Thankfully, I found that my workplace is basically giving me free Covid days off, so I don't have to burn PTO when I'm not feeling well. Definitely use those.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 08, 2021, 9:16 PM Post
Posts: 9195
[/quote]

lol

I've been having to fill out symptom surveys twice a day on top of this. My attention span is getting taxed right now.

Thankfully, I found that my workplace is basically giving me free Covid days off, so I don't have to burn PTO when I'm not feeling well. Definitely use those.[/quote]

It's the law, they have to give you paid time off for Covid, FWIW.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 09, 2021, 6:01 AM Post
Posts: 3200
There were always exceptions to paid time off for Covid, my employer being one. I believe the law expired but not sure if something replaced it once the new administration came in.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 13, 2021, 1:12 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 416
Location: Neenah
Think I'm slowly on the mend. Been 2 weeks and 2 days now. Plan to test again Monday. Actually eating a Jimmy Johns which is the first real meal I've eaten in 2 weeks.

Wife says I look "skinny".


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 13, 2021, 2:49 PM Post
Posts: 1166
Zad Fnark said:
Think I'm slowly on the mend. Been 2 weeks and 2 days now. Plan to test again Monday. Actually eating a Jimmy Johns which is the first real meal I've eaten in 2 weeks.

Wife says I look "skinny".


Curious why you plan on testing again. What type of test?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 13, 2021, 2:57 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 416
Location: Neenah
To see if I'm clear yet. Nose swab.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 13, 2021, 3:59 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 416
Location: Neenah
Think baseball will make me better. [smile]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 13, 2021, 8:06 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1101
Got my first vaccine, Moderna, last week. One month until round 2 and a sense of relief.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 18, 2021, 11:19 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7634
Zad Fnark said:
Think I'm slowly on the mend. Been 2 weeks and 2 days now. Plan to test again Monday. Actually eating a Jimmy Johns which is the first real meal I've eaten in 2 weeks.

Wife says I look "skinny".

Just get better. I hope you don't end up with any lingering effects. Good luck and take care.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 18, 2021, 11:21 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7634
rwa12 said:
Got my first vaccine, Moderna, last week. One month until round 2 and a sense of relief.

That's great. I'm always happy for people to get the vaccine. My wife has gotten her's - both shots. Makes me feel better. I'm a ways away from be eligible. I'm hoping by May. I want to be able to get out and enjoy things with the family this summer.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: February 18, 2021, 12:42 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 416
Location: Neenah
reillymcshane said:
Just get better. I hope you don't end up with any lingering effects. Good luck and take care.


Thx Reilly

I'm slowly getting better. Been 3 weeks since I first got it. Took a Covid test Monday and it came back "inconclusive". Must not have jabbed it up my nose far enough. Took another today.

Also have a regularly scheduled doctor appt tomorrow. They'll probably just consider me over it.

Even being over the worst, I'll probably be weak for awhile. At least I'm eating again.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next  [ 1517 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test