LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next  [ 1719 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]

Offline  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: March 30, 2021, 7:22 AM Post
Global Moderator
JosephC said:
However, piling 50 people from 50 different households into 1 workplace carries virtually no risk

As it has been pointed out before, literally no one has said that.

Back to the vaccine supply question, if you're eligible in the current wave in Wisconsin and haven't scheduled yet, it sounds like there's a lot of pharmacy availability from Walgreens, etc. For example, I have a friend from way back in HS who was at a Walgreens for something else and thought to check with the pharmacy to see what their availability was that day (last weekend), and got a shot literally on the spot.

If you're waiting because you think others with more serious conditions should have an opportunity, they've likely had the opportunity at this point.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2021, 10:06 AM Post
Global Moderator
No politics. There have been multiple warnings in these threads previously. Any additional political commentary will result in appropriate time off.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2021, 11:02 AM Post
Got my 1st shot today. The bad one comes Apr 20.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: COVID-19 Thread [V2.0]
Posted: March 30, 2021, 12:07 PM Post
Just announced that everyone in Wisconsin 16 and older will be eligible to be vaccinated starting Monday.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2021, 12:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
Outstanding news. I suspected that it would be earlier than the previous May 1 date, but I'm surprised it advanced that far. At this point, I think there's enough supply to support this.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2021, 12:47 PM Post
I wasn't even checked for eligibility. I figured I could since I have blood pressure meds. As it is, anyone could have gone it and got a shot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2021, 1:38 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
JosephC said:
However, piling 50 people from 50 different households into 1 workplace carries virtually no risk

As it has been pointed out before, literally no one has said that.

Back to the vaccine supply question, if you're eligible in the current wave in Wisconsin and haven't scheduled yet, it sounds like there's a lot of pharmacy availability from Walgreens, etc. For example, I have a friend from way back in HS who was at a Walgreens for something else and thought to check with the pharmacy to see what their availability was that day (last weekend), and got a shot literally on the spot.

If you're waiting because you think others with more serious conditions should have an opportunity, they've likely had the opportunity at this point.

Absolutely, the more that get it the better. I have been helping some of my more technology challenged relatives get appointments and they have been fairly easy to get. The way it is looking anybody that wants one should easily be able to get them in the next couple of weeks. Wisconsin is doing a great job with the vaccinations.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2021, 4:43 PM Post
I have my appts setup through Walgreens. What a clunky system though. Four locations near me showed a bunch of time slots. Select one and it says no time slots available for 2nd shot so you can't make either appt. Why would they show the time slots available then??! Also, every time you search, its back to the beginning and navigate through all the questions. First world problem, I know.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2021, 4:48 PM Post
I got my second shot Saturday, no side effects beside normal range arm pain for an injection. So suffering is not a guarantee.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2021, 6:47 PM Post
Had my first shot last Friday. No side effects at all other than my arm hurt a little bit, but that was gone by Sunday. Second shot April 23rd. Looking forward to being fully vaccinated. Glad I got one down.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 30, 2021, 9:02 PM Post
Global Moderator
I've got my first shot taken care of as well (last week). Second one later in April.

Arm was sore for a day or so. Mild enough that I didn't need to take anything for it. A little extra fatigue as well - but nothing major.

I'd plan on avoiding weight lifting and push ups and stuff like that for a couple of days - but nothing big.

Just happy to get on the vaccine bus.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2021, 6:37 AM Post
My arm feels like someone punched it hard. I was also alternating between overheating and getting the chills all night long.

I went to the Fox Cities Exhibition Center in Appleton. Very well run. No lines and no waiting. No fuss getting registered either. They just kept you for 15 minutes to be sure you didn't react to the shot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2021, 6:56 AM Post
Global Moderator
Johnson & Johnson for me. No major issues. Chills briefly the first night, woke up just feeling like I had had 2 drinks too many the next morning. Headache, very low-grade fever, and tired. Sore arm, but no worse than a typical shot. By day 2, completely fine.

Feels kind of nice to be one-and-done.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2021, 6:57 AM Post
Global Moderator
reillymcshane said:
I'd plan on avoiding weight lifting and push ups and stuff like that for a couple of days - but nothing big.

I didn't realize it, but I've been preparing for this my whole life! [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2021, 7:55 AM Post
Got the 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday afternoon. 17 hours in and no ill effects yet (Knocks on wood).

Get through the rest of the day good today and then looking forward to an exciting day at Am Fam tomorrow!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2021, 9:02 AM Post
Global Moderator
I had a tetanus booster not so long ago and my arm was pretty sore. I imagine it's similar to that. I get my first shot on Friday.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2021, 9:07 AM Post
I hear there was a positive test within the Brewers organization and they are doing some contact tracing. Could put opening day in doubt [sad]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2021, 9:13 AM Post
Brewersballboy said:
I hear there was a positive test within the Brewers organization and they are doing some contact tracing. Could put opening day in doubt [sad]

Ugh ... not good. Not good at all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2021, 9:19 AM Post
Brewersballboy said:

Got a link?

Forgive me if I don't really believe that story without a link of some kind to verify...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 31, 2021, 9:22 AM Post
turborickey said:
Brewersballboy said:

Got a link?

Forgive me if I don't really believe that story without a link of some kind to verify...

Brewersballboy did nail the Jordan Zimmermann situation last week, days before anyone else had it.

I don't know why anyone would make up something like this.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next  [ 1719 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply