LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 7 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Virtual Escape Rooms?

Offline  Virtual Escape Rooms?

Posted: November 07, 2020, 4:05 PM Post
Global Moderator
Since we can't get our family together over the holidays we are looking for something to do online instead of a simple Zoom call. Has anyone ever done an online escape room? We did a live one once and it was a lot of fun. Curious how the online versions work.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Virtual Escape Rooms?

Posted: November 07, 2020, 5:09 PM Post
Friend of mine did one with a couple family members and thought it was a waste of time and money... He said they had done the real live ones in the past, and they were 100X better.

I didn't press him for details, so that's all I got.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 07, 2020, 5:52 PM Post
It's not a virtual escape room, but the Jackbox Party Packs are something fun you can do over Zoom. If you own the game you can stream it over Zoom and everyone else can join in and play using their cellphones through a web browser, no app needed. There are seven packs, each with five games on them, all multi-player party games, some trivia, some drawing, some bluffing, some where you just try to be funny.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 09, 2020, 12:47 PM Post
Global Moderator
My family loves the Jackbox games. We have done them over zoom or just as a family and even work parties over zoom. Works really nicely. Our favorites are Quiplash and Drawful. Watch for 1/2 price sales though.

The format to launch the games are somewhat unique. I already had a steam account (free account) so that wasn't a problem for me. They list the supported platforms on the homepage so you can see what works for you.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 09, 2020, 1:28 PM Post
CheezWizHed, what is the trick to getting the sale price? There's a 1/2 price sale going on but it's full price at the checkout.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 09, 2020, 4:37 PM Post
Double check that the sale is for the platform and store you're trying to get it for. They throw different sales for different platforms, but they're all pretty common.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 09, 2020, 7:35 PM Post
Global Moderator
Technically, you are buying the game from the platform (Steam, xbox, Fanatical, etc) and not Jackbox itself, so each platform has different sales.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 7 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply