LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2021

Offline  Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2021

Posted: January 01, 2021, 12:44 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Time to turn the page from 2020. Happy random new year!
(Would have done this on NYE but for the forum outage)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2021

Posted: January 01, 2021, 5:43 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
I've never understood the big deal with a Kopp's burger. To each their own but it just doesn't do it for me. Their custard is good though.

Kopps was my college hang-out, so part of it is the memories. They are very much a greasy spoon-type burger and I think Culvers is actually better tasting. But I still won't pass one up when I'm in town. [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2021

Posted: January 01, 2021, 8:50 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:
Brew4U said:
I've never understood the big deal with a Kopp's burger. To each their own but it just doesn't do it for me. Their custard is good though.

Kopps was my college hang-out, so part of it is the memories. They are very much a greasy spoon-type burger and I think Culvers is actually better tasting. But I still won't pass one up when I'm in town. [smile]

The other burger I was told was so great was Solly’s butter burger. I went and oh my. I’ve never not been able to finish a burger but that was this one. It was soaked in butter. Like dripping and made a pool on the plate. People can’t like that, can they?

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 02, 2021, 11:13 AM Post
Playing with the dog in 25ish degree weather, with no wind is the best way to spend the first day of the year.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 02, 2021, 12:08 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
CheezWizHed said:
Brew4U said:

The other burger I was told was so great was Solly’s butter burger. I went and oh my. I’ve never not been able to finish a burger but that was this one. It was soaked in butter. Like dripping and made a pool on the plate. People can’t like that, can they?

That sounds delicious.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 02, 2021, 3:25 PM Post
For sure. For me it's a once or twice a year treat when I'm in WI to visit, so I tend to go for the double bacon deluxe with curds. Maybe even a concrete shake. I feel a little guilty afterwards but that is a hell of a satisfying meal of gluttony.

Looked that up and that's about $14-15 even with the smallest size curds and mixer. Multiply that be 4 and you are talking about $60 for a family of 4 unless you have really young kids. That's crazy. Think similar for McDonalds would be $40 which isn't exactly inexpensive either.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 02, 2021, 4:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
CheezWizHed said:
Brew4U said:

My wife and I lived in Germany for a year where hamburgers really don't exist except McDs. We went to a fancy restaurant that was said to have an "American Burger". Burnt on the outside, raw on the inside, and it tasted like pepper. And that cost us $50. Neither of us could finish it (and I eat almost everything).

Lessons learned if something says it is "American" in Europe... it isn't. (Pizza Hut "American" pizza has corn on it)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 02, 2021, 4:39 PM Post
Corn on pizza?

That just sounds weird. (Maybe I am a bad judge of weirdness though, as I think pineapple on pizza is disgusting. Sweet and pizza just don't mix in my world.)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 02, 2021, 5:28 PM Post
I remember eating McDonalds in Mexico when I was in high school and it tasted dramatically different.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 02, 2021, 5:28 PM Post
Good to know as I’m planning a European vacation (eventually) for the wife and I.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 02, 2021, 6:14 PM Post
Global Moderator
Back in the day when I did the backpack thing in Europe (and before smart phones) I would stop in a McDonalds right away in each new city. First off, you could tell how expensive the city was by the cost of the value meals and secondly almost all of them had free maps of the city center.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 02, 2021, 10:43 PM Post
Global Moderator
homer said:
Back in the day when I did the backpack thing in Europe (and before smart phones)

I lived in Germany for a year. I worked for Motorola and worked at BMW - I was debugging car phone issues (the box in the trunk with the handset in the armrest). Just a bit before smart phones. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 02, 2021, 10:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
CheezWizHed said:
homer said:
Back in the day when I did the backpack thing in Europe (and before smart phones)

I lived in Germany for a year. I worked for Motorola and worked at BMW - I was debugging car phone issues (the box in the trunk with the handset in the armrest). Just a bit before smart phones. [laughing]

yeah not sure why I said smart phone. LOL could just said cell phone

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 03, 2021, 10:04 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
It took a global pandemic for me to get a legitimate "Christmas vacation." I worked on the Monday before Christmas and my next workday will be tomorrow (January 4).

Usually I have to work every day my library is open around the holidays because my students have left town by then. The end-of-2020 holidays were looking good to me when I set up the 2020 schedule (the schedule that was active for 2.5 months) because the state holidays (eves and days) were Thursday-Friday, which sets up two consecutive four day weekends.

If it had been possible, I'd trade in a bunch of workdays in late December if it could have reversed the pandemic.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 13, 2021, 4:25 PM Post
I bought some Mega Millions and Powerball tickets today. I plan on winning both jackpots. Enjoy work tomorrow boys (and girl)!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2021

Posted: January 15, 2021, 6:12 PM Post
This is not directed at you Wallus, just society in general, but why do people go into lottery craze when we get 500M jackpots but when it's 100M it's just the regulars?

Do the people that believe the lottery is worth playing feel like 500M is life changing money but 100M is not worth their time?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 15, 2021, 6:15 PM Post
adambr2 said:
This is not directed at you Wallus, just society in general, but why do people go into lottery craze when we get 500M jackpots but when it's 100M it's just the regulars?

Do the people that believe the lottery is worth playing feel like 500M is life changing money but 100M is not worth their time?

I only buy them a couple times a year so I just wait til they are super high.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 16, 2021, 10:44 AM Post
Global Moderator
wallus said:
adambr2 said:

Me, too.

I'm aware that I am exceedingly unlikely to win, so I will only play when the payoff is unusually large.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 16, 2021, 1:15 PM Post
wallus said:
adambr2 said:

This is rational behavior. Under most circumstances, the expected value of a $2 lottery ticket is far less than $2. However, after a jackpot rolls over enough, the expected value of a $2 lottery ticket can become greater than $2. At this point, it becomes prudent to play the lottery.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 16, 2021, 1:17 PM Post
Jamie Lynn Spears keeps running over her cats and blames Tesla for making cars that are too quiet.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jam ... 59260.html

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply