LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 136 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? 2021

Author Message
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 17, 2021, 3:04 PM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Posts: 15575
Last "decision" I had to make was one of those all time great dogs and it was the week before Christmas. Pets give you a lifetime of joy and one truly awful day.

Our first cat's "decision" was made in December (17+ years ago, because we got the recently departed guy the next month) and we got the cremains on our way to Christmas Eve dinner. [sad] But it was the first time we'd had "her" with us for the holidays since we are always on the road for it.

Losing a pet can be as tough, but what you get out of pet companionship can be so good. I really think it at least evens out in most cases.
So I hope none of you decides against adopting a pet primarily because it'll hurt when the day comes to say goodbye.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 17, 2021, 7:10 PM Post
Posts: 14283
wallus said:
Used pricing has gotten way out of whack. I have bought new recently because I can usually buy for the same price as late model used if I shop around and qualify for discounts.


I am usually pretty anti buying a vehicle new, but that is what I am going to do. The brand new one will only cost me $4k more and has almost the same MSRP that the used one originally had. Mind you this isn't some $20k Corolla, $4k really isn't that much more in the grand scheme. I will pay that instead of a used one that has 30k miles, warranty almost finished, and a bunch of half worn down parts.

Wish I could just wait for sensible used car prices, but my current vehicle just doesn't fit my needs.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 17, 2021, 7:15 PM Post
Posts: 4617
CheezWizHed said:
I recently brought two of my sons (aged 15 & 16) in for a strep test this weekend. Multiple things are bugging me...
- They required a COVID test at the same time. They don't call if the test is negative...but if schools/doctors/other activities find out they had a COVID test (even me going into work), they required positive confirmation of a negative test.
- I have to sign off for them to treat my kids; I have to pay for the treatment; But because they are over 12, I can't call in find out the results of their tests. Except if it was positive, they would've called my cell phone.
- My daughter goes to a different school as those two sons. This morning I get a phone call from the school nurse inquiring about my sons' health and COVID situation (evidently they ask about the family's health as she comes into school?). Of course, if they have a pending COVID test, my daughter wasn't allowed to be in school (which obviously, we closed out the confirmation before sending everyone back in). She wants to dig into the health situation of my others sons to verify my daughter should be in school. I answered her questions, but was massively annoyed at her sticking her nose where it didn't need to be.


In this post you talk about two of your sons. That means you have more than two. In an earlier post you mentioned you have three daughters. Guess that puts you in contention for best farm system on BF.net.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 17, 2021, 7:17 PM Post
Posts: 4617
hawing said:
Losing a pet can be as tough, but what you get out of pet companionship can be so good. I really think it at least evens out in most cases.
So I hope none of you decides against adopting a pet primarily because it'll hurt when the day comes to say goodbye.



Nothing to add. Just thought this was worthy of two looks. It more than evens out.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 19, 2021, 9:43 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6398
Thurston Fluff said:
CheezWizHed said:
I recently brought two of my sons (aged 15 & 16) in for a strep test this weekend. Multiple things are bugging me...
- They required a COVID test at the same time. They don't call if the test is negative...but if schools/doctors/other activities find out they had a COVID test (even me going into work), they required positive confirmation of a negative test.
- I have to sign off for them to treat my kids; I have to pay for the treatment; But because they are over 12, I can't call in find out the results of their tests. Except if it was positive, they would've called my cell phone.
- My daughter goes to a different school as those two sons. This morning I get a phone call from the school nurse inquiring about my sons' health and COVID situation (evidently they ask about the family's health as she comes into school?). Of course, if they have a pending COVID test, my daughter wasn't allowed to be in school (which obviously, we closed out the confirmation before sending everyone back in). She wants to dig into the health situation of my others sons to verify my daughter should be in school. I answered her questions, but was massively annoyed at her sticking her nose where it didn't need to be.


In this post you talk about two of your sons. That means you have more than two. In an earlier post you mentioned you have three daughters. Guess that puts you in contention for best farm system on BF.net.


Keeping tabs on me? [smile] I have 3 daughters and 3 sons. Zero hopes of putting any of them in the majors though. They inherited my coordination. [laughing]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 22, 2021, 9:47 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1208
Location: Waukesha, WI
CheezWizHed said:
Keeping tabs on me? [smile] I have 3 daughters and 3 sons. Zero hopes of putting any of them in the majors though. They inherited my coordination. [laughing]


But are they lefties? Future LOGGY's? How about catcher?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 22, 2021, 11:01 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6398
Jimbo said:
CheezWizHed said:
Keeping tabs on me? [smile] I have 3 daughters and 3 sons. Zero hopes of putting any of them in the majors though. They inherited my coordination. [laughing]


But are they lefties? Future LOGGY's? How about catcher?


Well, my oldest daughter is a lefty, but even a pair of Wild-thing glasses couldn't help her see the plate (she is "low vision"). My oldest son did make a few nice plays in softball last year at catcher....


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 23, 2021, 11:33 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3294
Planned commercial kitchen? Nope, they're full. Gotta get the one 2 hours away.
Sell my hot dogs in the State Parks? Nope, state-wide email sent out saying I can't.
Trailer insurance? Allstate won't do it and it seems no other company wants to cover a trailer alone.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 23, 2021, 3:25 PM Post
Posts: 34
Gas prices. Gas prices are bugging me.
When it hovered around the $2 mark for so long, you get used to it.
When it gets up to $2.60, it starts getting expensive.
Looks like it is going to continue rising, which is insane.
I guess you don't know how good you have it until a change like the current trend occurs.
Why the sudden hike at the pump?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 23, 2021, 3:27 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2435
Hopper said:
Gas prices. Gas prices are bugging me.
When it hovered around the $2 mark for so long, you get used to it.
When it gets up to $2.60, it starts getting expensive.
Looks like it is going to continue rising, which is insane.
I guess you don't know how good you have it until a change like the current trend occurs.
Why the sudden hike at the pump?


Guessing it has something to do with the freak winter storm in Texas.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 23, 2021, 3:29 PM Post
Posts: 2829
It is also the time of year that they start switching over to summer blends which creates a repeatable shortage of sorts in supplies before normal spring/ summer demand usually drives the prices back up somewhat.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 23, 2021, 3:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2435
Also things are no longer nearly as locked down as they were for the majority of 2020, and people are beginning to travel more. As demand increases, prices rise.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 23, 2021, 5:29 PM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 7007
It's too early for summer blend gas, this is all related to the refinery shutdowns in Texas. It takes 2-3 weeks for them to restart the refineries so I bet prices are really high in March.

I haven't looked at how much I'm driving but it can't be more than 250 miles/month right now. We get everything delivered now and there's nowhere to go in the pandemic.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 23, 2021, 5:40 PM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 7007
Also, how much do you drive / what car do you drive that makes the difference between $2.00 and $2.60 significant???


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 23, 2021, 9:58 PM Post
Posts: 2091
Hopper said:
Gas prices. Gas prices are bugging me.
When it hovered around the $2 mark for so long, you get used to it.
When it gets up to $2.60, it starts getting expensive.
Looks like it is going to continue rising, which is insane.
I guess you don't know how good you have it until a change like the current trend occurs.
Why the sudden hike at the pump?


I am leasing an electric car right now. (they are cheap) Although gas prices indirectly affect things, I am happy that they don't affect me directly anymore.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 24, 2021, 8:00 AM Post
Posts: 34
owbc said:
Also, how much do you drive / what car do you drive that makes the difference between $2.00 and $2.60 significant???


Why does that matter?
If you must know, my vehicle gets between 26 and 28 mpg on my daily commute to work, which is about an hour total.
A 15 gallon tank adds $9.00 to the total bill with every fill up.
You don't find that significant?
When it goes up to $3 per gallon, and it will, that will be an extra $15 per fill up.
Maybe it's just me, but if I have to pay $10 - $15 more every time I fill up, that is significant in my world.
That is almost $40 per month at the current gas price. When it goes up to $3 I'm looking at close to $60 per month.
So yes, I do find that significant.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 24, 2021, 8:02 AM Post
Posts: 34
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Also things are no longer nearly as locked down as they were for the majority of 2020, and people are beginning to travel more. As demand increases, prices rise.


I'm wondering if shutting down our pipeline will have any effect on gas prices.
It seems if we are going to rely solely on other countries for gas, prices have to continue to rise?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 24, 2021, 8:10 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2435
Hopper said:
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Also things are no longer nearly as locked down as they were for the majority of 2020, and people are beginning to travel more. As demand increases, prices rise.


I'm wondering if shutting down our pipeline will have any effect on gas prices.
It seems if we are going to rely solely on other countries for gas, prices have to continue to rise?


Nearly all gasoline consumed in the US is produced in the US. It is made from crude oil that is both imported and domestically produced. I'm not real sure what you are talking about.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 24, 2021, 8:24 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6398
Just a reminder to keep this discussion away from the politics side of it.

Since the Keystone pipeline wasn't operational, it wouldn't have any bearing on prices today. Any impact would be on prices 2 years from now when it would've been completed.

Regarding imported crude: I don't have a link, but I'm pretty sure that the US was consuming 100% domestic crude sometime in the past few years. Compared to the 1980s when we were heavily dependent on Middle East oil. The low oil prices (~$2/gallon) and the consistency of them were because we weren't reliant on the highly fluctuating prices based on what was going on in the Middle East at the time.
-Edit: Not 100% domestic yet, but drastically reduced from OPEC and the Persian Gulf (while Canada was increasing): https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil ... xports.php


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? 2021
Posted: February 24, 2021, 10:43 AM Post
Posts: 34
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Hopper said:
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Also things are no longer nearly as locked down as they were for the majority of 2020, and people are beginning to travel more. As demand increases, prices rise.


I'm wondering if shutting down our pipeline will have any effect on gas prices.
It seems if we are going to rely solely on other countries for gas, prices have to continue to rise?


Nearly all gasoline consumed in the US is produced in the US. It is made from crude oil that is both imported and domestically produced. I'm not real sure what you are talking about.


That is why I asked the question.
I didn't really know the answer, hence my question.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 136 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test