LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

The new television season

Offline  The new television season

Posted: September 05, 2007, 12:32 PM Post
I don't watch much TV beyond the Brewers and movies.

The only shows I make an effort to watch are
Venture Bros
Robot Chicken
My Name is Earl

Oddly, I think my 3 shows are entering their 3rd seasons

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 1:59 AM Post
Had to bump up this topic again because I was watching "Curb Your Enthusiasm" last night. Not sure if anyone else saw it. However, there was an exterminator character on there that looked a lot like Chris Farley. I mentioned to my wife that he had to be his brother or something. Sure enough, we watch the credits at the end, it was Kevin Farley. I was not aware that he had a brother who was an actor.

This is not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 2:05 AM Post
Patrick425 said:
Had to bump up this topic again because I was watching "Curb Your Enthusiasm" last night. Not sure if anyone else saw it. However, there was an exterminator character on there that looked a lot like Chris Farley. I mentioned to my wife that he had to be his brother or something. Sure enough, we watch the credits at the end, it was Kevin Farley. I was not aware that he had a brother who was an actor.

Madisons own... also a Marquette grad.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 2:26 AM Post
In addition to my previous post on page 1, I have added newbies 'Journeyman' a modern day Quantum Leap and also added 'Back to You' with Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton in a news office comedy. Both, obviously, quality shows in my opinion

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 2:42 AM Post
I was not aware that he had a brother who was an actor.

He has 2 brothers that are actors -- I think Kevin spoke at my daughter's school about drugs and improv comedy.

I watched that same episode -- the performance really smacked of Chris though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 2:46 AM Post
I like that Pushing Daisies show.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 2:52 AM Post
Global Moderator
I like that Pushing Daisies show
Yeah, there's something about it I enjoy. It's so different from everything else. Plus I find that little blond waitress really attractive.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 3:01 AM Post
I think I like it because -- I LOVE PIE

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 3:05 AM Post
Anyone catch the Curb last week with the freak book and John McEnroe? I loved it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 3:28 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
I'm home from work today and decided to spend part of it watching Drew Carey's debut on The Price is Right. Different style, but it was all right by me. And not only did all six contestants win their pricing games (Drew said it was the 77th perfect game in TPIR history), each of the winning wheel spinners hit $1.00 and won an extra $1000.

The audience was every bit as manic for Drew as it's ever been for Bob Barker. Lots of T-shirts sporting "(xxxx) Rocks" slogans: Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Drew, etc.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 3:33 AM Post
Anyone catch the Curb last week with the freak book and John McEnroe? I loved it.

Yep. Curb never fails to deliver.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 5:59 AM Post
The mastrubating episode of Curb still makes me laugh.

"Did Ted Danson tell you?"

And if you are married

"You are banished from they're house?!? What gives her the right to punish my husband, only I can punish my husband."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 7:50 AM Post
I picked up season one of Dexter at Target last week for $19.99.

I jumped in late last season. That is a great show.

I only saw Robert mention "Tell Me You Love Me". I like that show a lot. Let's see if HBO just cancels it, like they seem to be doing with all their promising shows lately.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 9:11 AM Post
I jumped in late last season. That is a great show.

It's the one show I literally look forward to, much like Steeler/Badger football

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2007, 3:58 PM Post
Global Moderator
my brother made a comment yesterday that he saw Journeyman is getting set for the chopping block. I haven't seen anything like that yet, but that would be typical. Another good show that gets killed way too soon.

I wish networks would just put their remaining episodes on the net once they cancel the show. They spent the money on them, at least let the people that DID watch the show see how it turns out.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Online  The new television season

Posted: October 15, 2007, 4:27 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Tell Me You Love Me is well acted, but boorishly written. I don't see the potential in the show, though some of the characters are just interesting to keep watching.

@YouKnowAndThat | Almost, Tim Dell

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2007, 2:53 AM Post
Global Moderator
And That said:
Tell Me You Love Me is well acted, but boorishly written. I don't see the potential in the show, though some of the characters are just interesting to keep watching.

Yeah, this strikes me more as an extended mini-series than a continuing series. The characters are interesting enough, but the dialogue is blunt to the point of being obnoxious. I do appreciate that it's trying to take a non-titilating approach to sex and relationships, but it's probably a trifle too serious for its own good. A good show, but not a great one.

Robert

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2007, 7:11 AM Post
Chuck

I know that it's not high concept, the premise is overly sketchy, plays cultural stereotypes, and is just another repackaging of the 'beauty and the geek' motif...

...yet I still find myself enjoying the show. Maybe it's just the presence of Adam Baldwin making me feel apologetic about watching Firefly on DVD after it was cancelled. Or maybe it's just that the show is on before Heroes.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2007, 7:20 AM Post
Since watching TV shows on DVD is probably the best way to go, I just thought I'd mention that buying lightly used DVD sets on www.amazon.com is really cheap. Thats how I buy almost all of my DVD's and I've probably saved ~$500 over what I would have spent on my collection at Best Buy. You can usually get them around 40%-50% off depending on how popular or old the show is. Many of you guys probably already know this but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2007, 12:12 PM Post
Big Bang Theory is hilarious. It's been a long time since a comedy made me laugh this much. The critics aren't liking it much, and I haven't seen the ratings for it, but it is laugh-out-loud funny--and Isaac Asimov's daughter gave it the thumbs-up last week.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply