LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

The new television season

Offline  The new television season

Posted: October 16, 2007, 1:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
Big Bang Theory is hilarious. It's been a long time since a comedy made me laugh this much. The critics aren't liking it much, and I haven't seen the ratings for it, but it is laugh-out-loud funny--and Isaac Asimov's daughter gave it the thumbs-up last week.

I will try watching it again, but I could barely make it through the pilot and found most of the jokes to be cringeworthy.

Life is my favorite new show as of right now and I don't think I have seen anyone mention it. Its a cop drama, but parts of it are really funny and interesting. Good characters and acting, with some well done action scenes thrown in each episode. Of course I also have a slight man-crush on Damian Lewis since Band of Brothers so I might be a little bias.

The Shirt Alert: Brewers | Packers | WI | MU Shirts

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2007, 2:00 PM Post
Global Moderator
yes, Life is a good show. Just the right amount of subtle humor. I really hope we get to see where the big "plan" on his bedroom wall is going and how it will play out.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 17, 2007, 12:52 AM Post
New shows nowadays do not film an entire season. They usaually do about 6-8 episodes to see how the ratings go. If it goes well, they will order more episodes. If it goes really well, it gets picked up for the whole season. So there usaully are not many episodes that go un-aired.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 17, 2007, 12:54 AM Post
I also really enjoy watching Chuck for some reason. It's a corny spy show with a dorky guy. but the girls are hot.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 17, 2007, 9:25 AM Post
Well this is not new TV, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this.... Tonight at 10 is the best episode of the Simpsons in my opinion, it's the company softball league, and Burns brings in the ringers, classic. Also on Discovery Channel at 7 is the "Build it Bigger" on the National's new stadium. Oh and almost forgot, new episode of South Park tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 17, 2007, 6:31 PM Post
I'm just so happy cable exists because i almost never watch network TV shows.Some of the shows listed in this thread i had never even heard of.I mainly watch stuff like Dirty Jobs/Survivorman and other stuff on the Discovery Channel,HBO series,and lots of sports.I do admit that i watch one very cheesy show that my daughter watches and now i do with her,Beauty and the Geek.I thought i looked horrible when she started watching it a few years ago,but at some point i found myself following the show as she watched.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 17, 2007, 11:28 PM Post
I'm a Discovery Channel junkie; if Dirty Jobs, Survivorman, Man vs. Wild, or Mythbusters is on, I'm watching.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2007, 12:54 PM Post
Michelle Ryan is keeping me from enjoying game 1 of the World Series tonight.

You might know her as NBC's new "Bionic Woman." Just before the new season, I watched Jekyll from the BBC.
While I miss the red dye-job (and the accent), she's still easy on the eyes.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season

Posted: March 24, 2017, 3:35 PM Post
Not a new TV show (search didn't come up with a thread for current ones), but I hope Last Man On Earth doesn't get canceled. It's ratings haven't been strong, so there's rumors that it'll be gone after this season. I hated the first season, but the characters, especially Tandy, have really been rounding out. The show has been a great mix of comedy but also dramatic and sad moments.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 24, 2017, 4:03 PM Post
GAME05 said:
Not a new TV show (search didn't come up with a thread for current ones), but I hope Last Man On Earth doesn't get canceled. It's ratings haven't been strong, so there's rumors that it'll be gone after this season. I hated the first season, but the characters, especially Tandy, have really been rounding out. The show has been a great mix of comedy but also dramatic and sad moments.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that show!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 24, 2017, 8:24 PM Post
Huge fan of the show. The comedy is light if barely even existent but the storyline is what keeps me watching. I want to know what's going to happen next.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 25, 2017, 12:48 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Huge fan of the show. The comedy is light if barely even existent but the storyline is what keeps me watching. I want to know what's going to happen next.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. I've always been intrigued by the storyline, but the humor is really slow to develop. It's on the back end of my DVR queue. The creators of LMOE now have a second show on Fox - Making History. I'm 2 episodes in, but I think it has potential.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 25, 2017, 6:05 PM Post
Hoping that the Prison Break reboot isn't an abortion and ruins one of my favorite all-time shows.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2017, 6:19 PM Post
If you missed out on watching The Good Place, do yourself a favor and watch it from the start [smile]

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2017, 6:29 PM Post
superfly said:
Hoping that the Prison Break reboot isn't an abortion and ruins one of my favorite all-time shows.

Agreed. I read some where that they are only planning on doing 1 season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2017, 6:41 PM Post
Baldkin said:
If you missed out on watching The Good Place, do yourself a favor and watch it from the start [smile]

Another good one. I started watching it because Kristen Bell......has a nice personality, but the story moves along quickly, didn't really have any dull spots, and it was entertaining throughout. It's interesting for this upcoming season they seemed to pretty much wipe the slate clean, like the show is almost completely starting over.

And was anybody else amazed to realize that Bob's Burgers was in its 7th season?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2017, 6:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
I've only watched a couple of episodes but NBC's "Trial and Error" with John Lithgow is pretty funny. It's done in the same mockumentary style as "The Office" and (more so) "Parks and Recreation," which I both loved.

"The Last Man on Earth" has only been mildly funny. It's actually disappointing to me how funny I thought it was going to be compared to how funny it actually was. Still, as others have said, the story is pretty interesting, and the antics that Tandy and others do are kind of crazy to wonder if that would happen in real life if such a catastrophe were to actually happen.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2017, 7:49 PM Post
I made a thread on The Expanse which is a really good show on Syfy. I really love the show and leaning towards this is the best show on TV so far. I haven't even watched anything else but The Expanse on tv other than some sporting events.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2017, 8:36 PM Post
pitchleague said:
I've only watched a couple of episodes but NBC's "Trial and Error" with John Lithgow is pretty funny. It's done in the same mockumentary style as "The Office" and (more so) "Parks and Recreation," which I both loved.

"The Last Man on Earth" has only been mildly funny. It's actually disappointing to me how funny I thought it was going to be compared to how funny it actually was. Still, as others have said, the story is pretty interesting, and the antics that Tandy and others do are kind of crazy to wonder if that would happen in real life if such a catastrophe were to actually happen.

I intended to start watching Trial and Error but I barely have enough time for the shows I do watch and the rest of life right now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 7:11 AM Post
My wife and I watched every episode of This is Us season 1. It wrapped up a couple weeks ago. I think it is extremely well done although the latter part of the season was pretty depressing. One heartache after another.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply