LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 101 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

The new television season

Author Message
Offline  Re: The new television season
#81

Posted: March 28, 2017, 8:04 AM Post
Posts: 5880
Finally binge watched The Americans earlier this year, now watching the new season. Much better than I expected it to be. Looking forward to the new seasons of Better Call Saul and Fargo. For those of you who have Amazon Prime, Sneaky Pete was really good.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#82

Posted: March 29, 2017, 11:33 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2098
So pumped for Fargo!

Watching Little Big Lies on HBO and I got sucked in to it. Final episode is coming up this weekend and very interested to see how it all turns out.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#83

Posted: March 29, 2017, 12:28 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6060
RobDeer 45 said:
So pumped for Fargo!

Watching Little Big Lies on HBO and I got sucked in to it. Final episode is coming up this weekend and very interested to see how it all turns out.


Me too. My wife knows because I guess there is a book? Who reads these days?

Either way, don't look to much on the internet or it'll get ruined for you.

I am thinking that the husband that beats on Nicole Kidman has to be the rapist. He's the only one that hasn't met that Woodley's character that I can think of. Other than that, I have no idea which kid is hurting that other young girl but it can't be the boy that they are accusing.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#84

Posted: March 29, 2017, 1:50 PM Post
Posts: 10220
Watching Big Little Lies as well. Better Call Saul Season 2 just dropped on Netflix.

If you're looking for a show to binge watch on Netflix, watch Wentworth, most underrated show ever IMO. Black Mirror is also fantastic, but not really a 'binge' show.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#85

Posted: March 29, 2017, 2:02 PM Post
Posts: 5880
I get Netflix for 30 days each year. Yes, I'm cheap. I sign up when House of Cards is out, then binge whatever other series look interesting, then cancel. So I'll give Wentworth a try.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#86

Posted: March 29, 2017, 2:55 PM Post
Posts: 10220
FVBrewerFan said:
I get Netflix for 30 days each year. Yes, I'm cheap. I sign up when House of Cards is out, then binge whatever other series look interesting, then cancel. So I'll give Wentworth a try.


I'm a big House of Cards fan myelf. I wonder why it's so late this year?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#87

Posted: March 29, 2017, 7:29 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6500
Big fan of the The Detour. First season was great. Second season is almost a total divergent from the first but still good.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#88

Posted: March 29, 2017, 11:20 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 17022
jerichoholicninja said:
Big fan of the The Detour. First season was great. Second season is almost a total divergent from the first but still good.


It almost had to be. You can't keep a show going on just a family vacation. I need to catch up on it but the first episode of season 2 was amazing. Jared telling the black people they need to obey the white man on when to cross the street. Robin making it so much worse when they meet again trying to sort out which apartment they live in.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#89

Posted: March 30, 2017, 7:27 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6500
trwi7 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
Big fan of the The Detour. First season was great. Second season is almost a total divergent from the first but still good.


It almost had to be. You can't keep a show going on just a family vacation. I need to catch up on it but the first episode of season 2 was amazing. Jared telling the black people they need to obey the white man on when to cross the street. Robin making it so much worse when they meet again trying to sort out which apartment they live in.


Ya, you can't keep up the family vacation angle but as season 2 continues it's sort of going off the rails for me. I like the show but the overarching storyline just about jumped the shark for me this week. It went from intriguing and somewhat grounded (for a comedy) to totally unbelievable.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: The new television season
#90

Posted: May 14, 2017, 9:01 PM Post
Posts: 525
My girlfriend convinced me to start watching season 1 of Life in Pieces. It is a really good show.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#91

Posted: May 15, 2017, 7:36 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6500
wallus said:
My girlfriend convinced me to start watching season 1 of Life in Pieces. It is a really good show.


It's entertaining. Not great but better than 90% of the stuff on TV.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: The new television season
#92

Posted: May 15, 2017, 1:22 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6381
jerichoholicninja said:
trwi7 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
Big fan of the The Detour. First season was great. Second season is almost a total divergent from the first but still good.


It almost had to be. You can't keep a show going on just a family vacation. I need to catch up on it but the first episode of season 2 was amazing. Jared telling the black people they need to obey the white man on when to cross the street. Robin making it so much worse when they meet again trying to sort out which apartment they live in.


Ya, you can't keep up the family vacation angle but as season 2 continues it's sort of going off the rails for me. I like the show but the overarching storyline just about jumped the shark for me this week. It went from intriguing and somewhat grounded (for a comedy) to totally unbelievable.


Same, I stuck with it, but I am underwhelmed, and it may exit my dvr for next season.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#93

Posted: November 29, 2017, 10:52 AM Post
Posts: 421
Please watch Great News on NBC before it gets cancelled. It has a 30 Rock feel to it and a great ensemble cast.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#94

Posted: November 29, 2017, 11:15 AM Post
Posts: 5880
nodakfan17 said:
Please watch Great News on NBC before it gets cancelled. It has a 30 Rock feel to it and a great ensemble cast.


Would love to, but if it's on NBC 99% chance it will be either meh or horrible. Just my opinion, of course, but every time I have tried watching a show on network TV that people said was really good, I just didn't like it. Modern Family was the last one I actually liked, and that has jumped the shark.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#95

Posted: November 29, 2017, 12:03 PM Post
Posts: 421
FVBrewerFan said:
nodakfan17 said:
Please watch Great News on NBC before it gets cancelled. It has a 30 Rock feel to it and a great ensemble cast.


Would love to, but if it's on NBC 99% chance it will be either meh or horrible. Just my opinion, of course, but every time I have tried watching a show on network TV that people said was really good, I just didn't like it. Modern Family was the last one I actually liked, and that has jumped the shark.

I hear ya - to be fair, the last network show I vouched for was Arrested Development.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: The new television season
#96

Posted: November 29, 2017, 1:46 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6381
Not new anymore, but I really enjoyed season one of Designated Survivor, but season 2 is losing me. Someone mentioned jumping the shark above, that is what this is feeling like.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#97

Posted: November 29, 2017, 2:39 PM Post
Posts: 421
turborickey said:
Not new anymore, but I really enjoyed season one of Designated Survivor, but season 2 is losing me. Someone mentioned jumping the shark above, that is what this is feeling like.

Same here! I loved the Season 1 story arc, but Season 2 feels like a very generic network drama.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: The new television season
#98

Posted: November 29, 2017, 3:23 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6381
nodakfan17 said:
turborickey said:
Not new anymore, but I really enjoyed season one of Designated Survivor, but season 2 is losing me. Someone mentioned jumping the shark above, that is what this is feeling like.

Same here! I loved the Season 1 story arc, but Season 2 feels like a very generic network drama.


Yup, and they are trying to hard to keep it interesting. I bought the story line from season one because it was interesting. Season two is a chore to watch, I feel like I am watching because I have to, not because I want to. When that happens, I usually bail on the show in the near future...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
#99

Posted: November 29, 2017, 5:06 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6060
turborickey said:
nodakfan17 said:
turborickey said:
Not new anymore, but I really enjoyed season one of Designated Survivor, but season 2 is losing me. Someone mentioned jumping the shark above, that is what this is feeling like.

Same here! I loved the Season 1 story arc, but Season 2 feels like a very generic network drama.


Yup, and they are trying to hard to keep it interesting. I bought the story line from season one because it was interesting. Season two is a chore to watch, I feel like I am watching because I have to, not because I want to. When that happens, I usually bail on the show in the near future...



I have the last three episodes on my dvr because I haven’t wanted to click play. What a let down season two has been.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The new television season
Posted: November 29, 2017, 11:41 PM Post
Posts: 10220
Does anyone else watch Black Mirror on Netflix? I've been completely hooked on it from the first episode. Been an excruciating wait for season 4.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 101 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test