LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  [ 488 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2014 Brewers' 1st-Rd. Pick Speculation & Overall 2014 Prospects Discussion Thread

Offline  Re: 2014 Brewers' 1st-Rd. Pick Speculation & Overall 2014 Prospects Discussion Thread
Posted: June 05, 2014, 5:57 PM Post
So 2 of Newcombe/Toussaint/Holmes will be available when Milw picks. How do you rank them? Just like that?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2014 Brewers' 1st-Rd. Pick Speculation & Overall 2014 Prospects Discussion Thread
Posted: June 05, 2014, 6:08 PM Post
miggs721 said:
Every time someone falls to us, we pass on him anyways, lol!!!!

Yep. Madeiros was supposed to be in the 20s/30s right?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 05, 2014, 8:51 PM Post
Wow Gatewood at 41. He feel big time didn't he. I remember hearing the brewers connected to him at #12. Is he going to be an overslot guy? Hopefully they save a little pool money with Medeiros.

advocates for the devil

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 06, 2014, 7:26 AM Post
splitterpfj said:
Place your bets, folks, who's it going to be?

At the time I'm starting this thread, I believe the Brewers are in line for the 3rd overall pick in 2014, I'll give you a few names to consider...have fun...

Tyler Beede, RHP, Vanderbilt
Nick Burdi, RHP, Louisville
Jacob Gatewood, SS, Clovis HS (CA)
Alex Jackson, C, Rancho Bernardo HS (CA)
Carlos Rodon, LHP, NC State

I think it'll be one of the pitchers, of course the Brewers' draft position could change along the way, but based on what I know today, I'll say they take Tyler Beede. Beede was Toronto's first-round pick in 2011. Beede has number one starter potential, and, as much as you can say this about a kid in his position, he may be a safe selection. He has three plus pitches, the fastball, curve and change.

I believe Rodon will be picked either 1 or 2, and I think the team will go with one of the arms.

Scrolling the draft posts, I find it interesting that Splitters listing for the potential #3 pick had Jacob Gatewood listed (albeit his list was from last July). We get him with the 41st pick. So I guess he had quite the fall down the ranking list since last year. Hopefully it lights a fire under him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 06, 2014, 10:19 AM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
Hat tip to Keith Law for nailing the Brewers prediction. He had info, he applied it. I would rather a reporter report on good info and then comment that he doesnt agree with the thinking than making up what he thinks a team will do and then applauding it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 06, 2014, 10:49 AM Post
Global Moderator
Bombers, I wish I had tried to rank the top 20 or 30 guys, to really illustrate how fluid all of this is...names in, names out, all season long.

Gatewood fell because teams think his swing is too long, they all love his power, but they aren't sure if he'll make enough contact to truly realize his potential. Burdi fell because teams decided he's a reliever, not a starter, and the other three stayed up near the top of draft boards, until Beede fell some in recent weeks. Rodon at 3, Jackson at 6, Beede at 14, Gatewood 41 and Burdi 46.

This stuff is fun to watch.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 08, 2014, 11:57 PM Post
splitterpfj said:
Bombers, I wish I had tried to rank the top 20 or 30 guys, to really illustrate how fluid all of this is...names in, names out, all season long.

Gatewood fell because teams think his swing is too long, they all love his power, but they aren't sure if he'll make enough contact to truly realize his potential. Burdi fell because teams decided he's a reliever, not a starter, and the other three stayed up near the top of draft boards, until Beede fell some in recent weeks. Rodon at 3, Jackson at 6, Beede at 14, Gatewood 41 and Burdi 46.

This stuff is fun to watch.

Look at the NFL mock drafts a year ahead of time and that's with guys who've been in college for 2 or 3 years already with another year coming. And those are incredibly fluid. With Baseball being so much more of an unknown, projecting where guys go a year ahead of time has got to be next to impossible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2014, 11:42 AM Post
I hope Aiken goes to school. Sounds like the Astros are jerking him around.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  [ 488 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test