LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next  [ 730 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

The 2017 MLB Draft Thread (#9 Pick + #34 & #46)

Offline  Re: The 2017 MLB Draft Thread (#9 Pick + #34 & #46)
Posted: June 12, 2017, 3:04 PM Post
Lets switch it up.
Who are the players you're hoping the Brewers do not draft?
I'm in the anti Pratto camp and although I'm warming up to Adell I don't want him at 9 either. Also going to say Kendall and Pavin Smith are up there too.

Posted: June 12, 2017, 3:25 PM Post
MilwaukeeBeers said:
Lets switch it up.

Jeren Kendall. Alex Faedo. Evan White. Keston Hiura

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Posted: June 12, 2017, 3:32 PM Post
Global Moderator
MilwaukeeBeers said:
Lets switch it up.

If they end up with Baz, Bukauskas, or Hiura I will be pretty thrilled. Would still be pretty happy with Peterson or Rogers as well.

Posted: June 12, 2017, 3:35 PM Post
Don't really want either 1B Pavin Smith or LHPs David Peterson or DL Hall. Adam Hasely doesn't get me overly excited either.

Posted: June 12, 2017, 3:39 PM Post
Global Moderator
colbyjack said:
My money is on Heliot Ramos at #34. Book it.

I would be on board with this, but for Ramos to fall there would it likely have to be an over-slot deal at #34?

Getting fired up for this draft to start!

Posted: June 12, 2017, 3:42 PM Post
Shane Baz might be a really tough sign http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/ ... 211075.php

I like his potential a ton though

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Posted: June 12, 2017, 3:47 PM Post
I'm out on Pavin Smith, Bukaukas and Jeren Kendall.... everyone else being floated around I think I can get pretty excited with Beck, Baz, Adell, Rogers, Peterson, etc... or my hope for underslot of Carlson!

Posted: June 12, 2017, 3:48 PM Post
Global Moderator
3and2Fastball said:
Shane Baz might be a really tough sign http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/ ... 211075.php

I like his potential a ton though

Some of the draft experts seem to believe he is just posturing for financial leverage. Can't imagine a team will take him in the top 15 unless they are fairly certain he is going to sign. The downside is that he isn't likely going to be accepting any below slot deals unless he goes in the top few picks.

Posted: June 12, 2017, 3:51 PM Post
I watched a bunch of video on Pavin Smith and now I see more why so many of you guys really like him. Is he an elite athletic freak like Adell? No. But Smith's floor is pretty high. Hard to imagine a swing like that not making it to the show and contributing

Posted: June 12, 2017, 4:00 PM Post
3and2Fastball said:
I watched a bunch of video on Pavin Smith and now I see more why so many of you guys really like him. Is he an elite athletic freak like Adell? No. But Smith's floor is pretty high. Hard to imagine a swing like that not making it to the show and contributing

Yeah but other former top "safe" college 1B hitters include Yonder Alonso and Justin Smoak. Why spend a Top 10 pick on a player like that instead of gambling on a Justin Upton or Lance McCullers type ceilings, even if the floor is much lower?

Steans can always find players like Travis Shaw to fill those "fringe" offensive starter type of roles, IMO.

Posted: June 12, 2017, 4:19 PM Post
I'm old enough that if they draft a high school pitcher named Rogers, it's going to be hard on a gut level to get happy about.

Posted: June 12, 2017, 4:25 PM Post
BBA posted their final mock, has the Brewers taking Peterson

Posted: June 12, 2017, 4:31 PM Post
Global Moderator
TheJumpAround said:
BBA posted their final mock, has the Brewers taking Peterson

Here is the link to BA's Mock Draft 5.0. They also have Royce Lewis going #1 overall and Kyle Wright falling to #8.

Posted: June 12, 2017, 4:38 PM Post
I wonder how many of these mock drafts predict an OF for the Brewers because they're thinking, "Well they took an outfielder for the two previous drafts, so therefore they must REALLY love outfielders!"

Posted: June 12, 2017, 4:43 PM Post
gregmag said:
I'm old enough that if they draft a high school pitcher named Rogers, it's going to be hard on a gut level to get happy about.

I'm old enough that if they draft a college pitcher named Peterson, it's going to be hard on a gut level to get happy about. [smile]

Posted: June 12, 2017, 4:47 PM Post
narwhalattack said:
I wonder how many of these mock drafts predict an OF for the Brewers because they're thinking, "Well they took an outfielder for the two previous drafts, so therefore they must REALLY love outfielders!"

Think it has to do with what Brewers are looking for.... CFs, SS's, and Catchers offensively and they think the Brewers love tools. When they are up, no SS prospects sitting there but few CFs with high ceilings. You look at DS, that is the main target in all his deals outside of some arms. Still plenty of mocks going pitcher but those are all over the map.

Let's hope Rays and Braves do what people are expecting and go with a Pre-deal guy who wasn't a top 10-20 guy. Force the talent down the list for use!

Posted: June 12, 2017, 4:48 PM Post
Global Moderator
BA just updated that mock draft and do indeed have Heliot Ramos going at #34. Peterson/Ramos thing may have some legs here.

Posted: June 12, 2017, 4:52 PM Post
Just saw Keith Law tweet that Royce Lewis is expected to go number 1 his source is a team low in the top ten.

Posted: June 12, 2017, 4:54 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
13th set of player profiles:

*Pavin Smith
    *Riley Adams
    *Zach Pop
    *Sam Keating
    *Peter Solomon
    *Daulton Varsho
    *Tony Dibrell
    *Bryce Montes de Oca
    *Quinn Brodey
    *Hunter Ruth

I had a family emergency today so was unable to complete the other guys, including Nick Pratto, Brent Rooker, and Gavin Sheets, but I will get to them in the near future.

Posted: June 12, 2017, 4:55 PM Post
Global Moderator
What will be interesting is the upper teams cutting deals and pushing down some of the more highly rated guys. It could push to us a better pick. Should be fun!

Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next  [ 730 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test