LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 164 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

The 2018 MLB Draft Thread

Offline  Re: The 2018 MLB Draft Thread
Posted: June 07, 2018, 8:33 AM Post
Patrick425 said:
I was hoping with all the knowledge of drafted players on this thread someone could help me with a discussion I'm currently having with my fellow fantasy league colleagues. I'm trying to find a list of players that have played in the majors the same year they were drafted. Not just "straight to majors" guys, but also guys that have been drafted, played a month or two in the minors and then were called up before the end of the season. Example: Brandon Finnegan with the 2014 Royals. I'm really only interested in the last 10 to 15 years. When I try to Google this, I keep getting just "straight to majors" lists.

This is from 2015 but I think it is what you want.
http://www.banishedtothepen.com/being-d ... same-year/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 07, 2018, 11:12 AM Post
Thanks Scott. When I Googled it, that is the only article I came up with also, but it only goes up to 2014 and it doesn't really list the players. So, I guess I'm wondering if there have been any in the last 3 years.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 12, 2018, 5:03 PM Post
From Mayo

“And some money-savers for @Reds: 5th-rd Ryan Campbell, 8th rd Matt Pidich, 9th rd Andrew McDonald each get $10K. 10th rd A.J. Moore gets $5K. Sets team up for signing J India (1st), B Spillane (3rd) and 4th rd M Siani (sure to be over value)”

Bravo Reds! They are loaded with money now to sign Sinai overslot & go after anyone 11-40 they want... not Brewer related but thought it was interesting

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: The 2018 MLB Draft Thread
Posted: June 14, 2018, 6:06 AM Post

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Brew-Crew-Review-2053231341616034/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 19, 2018, 3:03 PM Post
Does anyone know the deadline for when picks have to sign? I can't seem to find it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 19, 2018, 3:05 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
July 6th, 4pm CDT.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2018, 10:46 PM Post
i can't remember a year where this many brewers draftees are going to go unsigned

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2018, 8:11 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Yah, on Twitter the other day I guessed they'll fail to sign 15 guys. That's 3 more than last year and also more than I can recall since the draft went down to 40 rounds.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2018, 4:34 PM Post
And That said:
Yah, on Twitter the other day I guessed they'll fail to sign 15 guys. That's 3 more than last year and also more than I can recall since the draft went down to 40 rounds.

There were a lot in the 2015 draft. Maybe quantity wise not as many, but that was the infamous Donny Walton, Justin Hooper, Jonathan India, Donnie Everett, Charlie Donovan, Tristan Beck, Nolan Kingham draft.

Unfortunately Everett didn't sign. If he had, maybe he's playing minor league ball instead on June 2nd, 2016...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 25, 2018, 10:20 PM Post
Global Moderator
Not Brewers related, but it looks like a possibility that High School RHP Ethan Hankins drafted #35 overall by the Indians may go the JuCo route (Link). He signed with Chipola Community College which may either be a leverage ploy or may be an actual decision to try to regain some of the stock he possessed before experiencing some injury issues.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 26, 2018, 6:20 PM Post
Waukesha West grad Jarred Kelenic off to a hot start with Gulf Coast Mets. First 3 games 8 for 13 with a double and triple.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 26, 2018, 9:54 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
LouisEly said:
There were a lot in the 2015 draft.

They failed to sign 10 players in 2015 draft. It was 15 in 2014, which is a number I think they have a good shot at surpassing this year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 05, 2018, 3:41 PM Post
Rumor has it that SS BRICE TURANG is on the verge of signing with the Brew Crew!

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Brew-Crew-Review-2053231341616034/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 05, 2018, 3:45 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
A Swing and A Drive said:
Rumor has it that SS BRICE TURANG is on the verge of signing with the Brew Crew!

Tell me about it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 05, 2018, 4:19 PM Post
And That said:
A Swing and A Drive said:

Tell me about it.

LOL ... snort.

I wonder where that rumor may have originated?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2018, 3:07 PM Post
So this is at least 3 first rounders that didn't sign this year.......not such a sure thing after all that everybody signs

https://twitter.com/jimcallismlb/status ... 75041?s=21

It's official. No. 8 overall pick Carter Stewart did not sign with @Braves. Mississippi State recruit, as is unsigned @Dodgers 1st-rder J.T. Ginn. @MLBDraft

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2018, 3:08 PM Post
So Carter Stewart, Matt McClain, J.T Ginn, and Gunnar Hoglund did not sign with their respective teams. I think that’s the most first round whiffs I’ve ever seen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2018, 10:11 PM Post
Global Moderator
So given that we will be drafting at the end of the first round and possibly a compensation pick... that just pushes us further back.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 08, 2018, 8:05 PM Post
I'm all for going to college, but I think you're nuts if you turn down an offer of over $1M. Way too many examples of HS guys who didn't pan out in college, got hurt, etc.

Keep $125K to live off of for the next 5-6 years and stick $375K in investments and you'll be set for life. To be able to invest that much at age 18... you'll be a multi-millionaire no matter what you do.

The #8 pick value was $4.9M. Even if they offer only $4M... $2M after taxes. Buy your parents a house, stick $1M in investments and you'll have plenty to live off of and be a multi-millionaire down the road.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 10, 2018, 1:04 PM Post
Crash2303 said:
i can't remember a year where this many brewers draftees are going to go unsigned

Good point. However, as someone who was very critical in real time with the Brewers' approach for years with the draft, and for good reason as has been proven, I think you will see a dramatic upturn with results from the draft starting with the last couple of years.

You don't need to go underslot in the first round. You can go over, and still manipulate other signings to snag some mid top ten round talents later (past round 10) by saving money on seniors, injured, etc. I have no problem at all with picking up more upside guys even if the total number of guys being signed is much lower. I like the quality over quantity idea.

There is a huge uptick in the Brewers' savvy in manipulating the dollar value of drafted (or internationally signed for that matter) guys, to the benefit of getting more upside guys while concomitantly signing fewer filler players. Any individual player may boom or bust, but if you get the numbers right, you can hit on some percentage of the guys, and you're going to succeed by having more legit talents developing.

I think our draft results will be a 180 degree turnaround going forward, and we will have some more talent in the system, enough for trades and to rejuvenate the roster with youth every year. That's the sweet spot we are headed into going forward.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 164 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test