LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 77 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers linked to Top Players in 2018 International Market

Offline  Re: Brewers linked to Top Players in 2018 International Market

Posted: April 24, 2018, 10:22 AM Post
MLB Pipeline released their top 30 international prospects today. Brewers are the favorites to sign three listed below.

Eduarqi Fernandez | Rank: 18 Hometown: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Position: OF Age: 16 DOB: 11/20/2001
Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6'2" Weight: 176 lb.Watch
Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 50 | Run: 55 | Arm: 55 | Field: 55
Fernandez profiles as a center fielder, and the belief is that he has the tools to keep him there.

He's already a good runner -- he's consistently clocked in the 6.4- to 6.5-second range in the 60-yard run -- and he's expected to add strength to an already strong arm. He's displayed good instincts in the outfield and has impressed evaluators with his routes.

Fernandez is an aggressive hitter with some pop and he drives the ball to all fields. The ball jumps off of his bat now, and he is expected to have even more power in the future. Fernandez still could end up in one of the corner outfield positions because of his size and overall skill set.

The teenager is confident in his tools and scouts like his makeup. He has been compared to a young version of former big leaguer Alex Rios.

Fernandez is from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, and trains with Jaime Ramos. The Brewers are the favorite to sign him.

Eduardo Garcia | Rank: 20 Hometown: Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Position: SS Age: 15 DOB: 07/10/2002
Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6'2" Weight: 160 lb.Watch
Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 45 | Run: 45 | Arm: 55 | Field: 55
One of the youngest players in this year's class, Garcia has a good frame and exhibits lots of growth potential.

The teenager is already considered one of the premier defenders on the market, and those tools are projected to improve as Garcia matures and his body develops. He'll also eventually be an average runner.

At the plate, Garcia is not considered a "big power guy," but the belief is that he will build on his doubles and gap power. Scouts also like his hitting mechanics -- the way his hands and lower half work in during his swing -- and his approach at the plate. There's a belief that Garcia will hit 10-12 home runs in the big leagues one day, but it will be his glove more than his bat that will propel him through the Minor Leagues and make him an everyday player. There's a chance he could also develop into an average run producer.

Garcia -- who participated in the MLB prospect showcases in Cartagena, Colombia, and Santo Domingo -- is from Barquisimeto, Venezuela, and is trained by Jose Luis Montero. The Brewers are the favorite to sign him.

Branlyn Jaraba | Rank: 26 Hometown: Cartagena, Colombia
Position: SS Age: 16 DOB: 3/20/2002
Bats: R Throws: R Height: 6'2" Weight: 196 lb.Watch
Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 55 | Run: 45 | Arm: 50 | Field: 50
Colombia is emerging as a market for international prospects, and Jaraba has positioned himself as the top young player from the country in this year's class.

The young infielder has a chance to be special and here are a few reasons why: Jaraba is a big bodied athlete with a plus bat, plus power and plus arm potential. He's a decent shortstop now and projects to be an above-average defender at third base, the position many scouts believe he will play as he grows and his body matures. Overall, evaluators like his hands and defensive actions. There's still room for improvement in terms of body control and footwork, but that's not uncommon for infielders his age.

At the plate, he has already shown good strength and has a chance to develop more power as he grows. The tools are there and he's expected to hone his overall game once he signs with a club and enters its academy.

Jaraba is from Cartagena, Colombia, and trains with former big league infielder Orlando Cabrera. The Brewers are the favorite to sign him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 21, 2018, 7:53 AM Post
Baseball America released their NL Central Jul 2 signing preview today.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... g-preview/

Not sure if there are any new names mentioned.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 21, 2018, 8:01 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
TheJumpAround said:
Baseball America released their NL Central Jul 2 signing preview today.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... g-preview/

Not sure if there are any new names mentioned.

Mentioned:
CF Eduarqui Fernandez
OF/1B Erys Bautista
SS Eduardo Garcia
3B Branlyn Jaraba
C Fernando Villalobos
SS Carlos Roa

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 22, 2018, 11:42 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 22, 2018, 11:43 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 22, 2018, 11:43 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 22, 2018, 11:47 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 26, 2018, 8:23 AM Post
https://www.baseballamerica.com/ranking ... prospects/

BBA released their top 50 Prospects for this signing period if anyone is interested.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2018, 10:03 AM Post
Eduarqi Fernandez was 28th, Fernando Villalobos was 34th, Branlyn Jaraba was 41st, and Eduardo Garcia was 49th.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2018, 4:01 PM Post
TheJumpAround said:
Eduarqi Fernandez was 28th, Fernando Villalobos was 34th, Branlyn Jaraba was 41st, and Eduardo Garcia was 49th.

Much appreciated JumpAround!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2018, 10:34 AM Post
Fan Graphs announced their initial rankings.

16 Eduardo Garcia SS
23 Eduarqui Fernandez CF
30 Branlyn Jaraba 3B

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2018, 12:27 PM Post
With such a big bonus pool I really don't understand why we are giving so much money to high risk relatively low ceiling (Kiley's opinion) guys like these. Instead couldn't we scrape the projected 3.5+M and shoot for Mesa. Dude looks like a possible top 150 guy already with room to grow. I'll admit I have little idea how the Latin American market works. Just discussing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2018, 1:15 PM Post
If you put all of your eggs in one basket you may get Gilbert Lara. I'd be curious if someone were to go back and look at, say, the players who signed for the highest bonuses in 2009-2012 and see how many of those guys panned out. I don't have access to that data, and don't know if anyone else has either. It takes at least five years to get any type of read on 16-year-olds so I wouldn't go any more recent than 2012 or 2013.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2018, 3:06 PM Post
MilwaukeeBeers said:
With such a big bonus pool I really don't understand why we are giving so much money to high risk relatively low ceiling (Kiley's opinion) guys like these. Instead couldn't we scrape the projected 3.5+M and shoot for Mesa. Dude looks like a possible top 150 guy already with room to grow. I'll admit I have little idea how the Latin American market works. Just discussing.

If Kiley can accurately predict a 15-16 year olds ceiling..... some team should be paying him millions to lead international scouting. You can sign a kid like Arcia for 70k or less and have them be a top 10 prospect in all of minors. You can sign a guy for 3 million and he may not ever make it past A ball. It is a complete crapshoot. We are talking about signing kids so are 9th-10th grade. Look at how many undrafted kids in high school go to college and become high draft prospects? How many high school prospects are little known in 10th grade then big time talents by end of 12? It's all about lottery tickets. More you have, better chance to hit. I prefer we stay away from the huge signings and continue to load up on talented lottery tickets. They all have high risk and high ceilings because no 15-16 year olds talent is close to being tapped out.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2018, 5:13 PM Post
LouisEly said:
If you put all of your eggs in one basket you may get Gilbert Lara. I'd be curious if someone were to go back and look at, say, the players who signed for the highest bonuses in 2009-2012 and see how many of those guys panned out. I don't have access to that data, and don't know if anyone else has either. It takes at least five years to get any type of read on 16-year-olds so I wouldn't go any more recent than 2012 or 2013.

I am guessing it is about the same failure rate as early round draft picks maybe a little bit higher since you are dealing with 16-year old players versus 18-24 year old players.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2018, 11:17 AM Post
Interesting what a wide range of opinions there are on Eduardo Garcia. 16th ranked on one and 49th ranked in another.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 7:06 AM Post
Some bonus amounts:

Eduarqui Fernandez, OF, Dominican Republic -- Brewers ($1,100,000)

Branlyn Jaraba, SS, Colombia -- Brewers ($1,100,000)

Erys Bautista, OF, Dominican Republic -- Brewers ($500,000)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 9:43 AM Post
I’m really interested in Bautista. My guess is he will be a 1b or LF. He is a real big boy & from videos I’ve seen the ball just carries off his bat. Could be real good power hitter!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 9:46 AM Post
So far BBA has us also signing...

Carlos Roa, SS, Venezuela

Will update this as they come in.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2018, 10:06 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
YoungGeezy1 said:
I’m really interested in Bautista. My guess is he will be a 1b or LF. He is a real big boy & from videos I’ve seen the ball just carries off his bat. Could be real good power hitter!

Judging by Bautista's arm and his body size as a 16-year-old, 1B seems pretty inevitable.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 77 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test