LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

[ 4 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Loewen update

Offline  Loewen update

Posted: May 13, 2003, 9:15 AM Post
The Baltimore Sun has a good article on the latest information regards the Orioles attempt to sign Loewen before the June Draft. I will also post this article up on the minor league section if you should happen to notice it there as well.

www.sunspot.net/sports/ba...Dheadlines

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Loewen update

Posted: May 14, 2003, 12:11 AM Post
be happy if Loewen signs with the O's or not. I could also be very satified with Weeks or Young. If Loewen does sign with the O's, I see the real loser being the Tigers.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Loewen update

Posted: May 14, 2003, 1:53 AM Post
In my opinion

We will not know untill close to Midnight EST on the 26th to see if the O's will get him. It will come down to who has the best poker face and guts !!!

mike

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Loewen update

Posted: May 14, 2003, 8:36 AM Post
It sure would be; we'd have to pick from the second tier of players in the scenario that Loewen signs with the O's. I'm hoping he doesn't so we get one of the consensus top three choices (Loewen, Weeks or Young). I'm convinced that the D-Rays will draft Rickie Weeks so I think the best case scenario for the Tigers is to draft Delmon Young (I know the organization likes him a lot). The offense is disgusting, the worst in MLB by far and the pitching has been good (6th in the AL in ERA), so the Tigers are really in need of a good bat. I guess Ryan Harvey is always there, but I'm not so sure about him.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 4 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test