LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next  [ 502 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-5 [7/5 -- 1st rounder Turang signs]

Offline  Re: 2018 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-5
Posted: June 20, 2018, 1:08 AM Post
Don’t forget the bonus pool overages are percentage based. Failing to sign Turang not only loses a stud prospect, but takes away a large amount of both bonus pool and the overage. 5% of a bigger number means a bigger overage allowance

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2018, 4:08 PM Post
Gray signing his weekend

https://twitter.com/brewcrewblue/status ... 34754?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2018, 4:58 PM Post
Brad Ford
@BrewCrewBlue
53m53 minutes ago
Joe Gray and Arbert Cipion sign their contracts at Miller Park this weekend.

Full tweet for those not on Twitter.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2018, 9:21 PM Post
If we fail to sign Turang and he is the only 1st rounder to not be signed that will give us pick #22 and #31 next year. Would really suck to get our other first round pick knocked back

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2018, 11:30 AM Post
Chase Parham
Verified account
@RivalsChase
4h4 hours ago
I expect Joe Gray to get a signing bonus above slot but below his initial asking price. He’s looking at seven figures pre-tax, either way.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2018, 12:10 PM Post
TheJumpAround said:
Chase Parham
Verified account
@RivalsChase
4h4 hours ago
I expect Joe Gray to get a signing bonus above slot but below his initial asking price. He’s looking at seven figures pre-tax, either way.

Does anyone know what his initial asking price was?

Based on the numbers at the link below, we had about $875k of excess to use to go above slot on our remaining players in the top 10(Turang, Gray, Rasmussen) plus anyone beyond the 10th signed to over $100k. That includes the 5%($330k) we can go over our total draft pool without losing a pick next year.

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2018/6/4/1 ... ng-tracker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2018, 12:12 PM Post
TheJumpAround said:
Chase Parham
Verified account
@RivalsChase
4h4 hours ago

Anyone know what his asking price was?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2018, 2:47 PM Post
Guess no over slot.

Jim Callis
Verified account
@jimcallisMLB
2nd-rder Joe Gray signs w/@Brewers for $1,113,500 (full pick 60 value). Mississippi HS OF, huge raw power & arm strength to match. Mississippi recruit. @MLBDraft

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2018, 2:54 PM Post
Things are looking really good for getting Turang, Rasmussen, and any of the other 11+ Round picks. Will be interested to see Cipion's bonus to know just what they're working with. Guessing even if he's above slot, it won't be too much.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2018, 3:52 PM Post
https://twitter.com/Todd_Rosiak/status/ ... 5372500992

Todd Rosiak
‏Verified account
@Todd_Rosiak

"Joe Gray suited up and playing catch with Ed Sedar."

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-5
Posted: June 23, 2018, 10:39 PM Post
Global Moderator
If the Brewers aren’t planning to sign any of their selections after the 10th round for over-slot deals they would have up to $4,151,895 to spend on their two remaining top ten players (Brice Turang and Arbert Cipion).

That number includes the 5% overage which comes with a tax penalty (Brewers went 5% over their draft bonus pool last year as well). If Cipion signs for his 9th round slot value ($146,200) that leaves $4 million for Turang, which was his rumored asking price.

I think Turang ultimately signs for less than that and the Brewers will take a stab at signing some additional later round picks, but either way they are in good shape with their remaining bonus pool.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 25, 2018, 8:06 PM Post
Gray looking good in a Brewers uniform. Have a good feeling about him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 25, 2018, 9:42 PM Post
Gray gives me a Monte Harrison vibe. Really smooth athlete, if a little raw. Harrison really scuffled for a couple years before breaking out last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gray started out pretty slowly as well. He'll be an interesting name to watch for the next several years.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 26, 2018, 3:28 AM Post
Go back and check the tape. Monte was pretty damn good in rookie ball before scuffling for a bit with injuries and contact issues in full season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 26, 2018, 6:27 AM Post
Noche said:
Go back and check the tape. Monte was pretty damn good in rookie ball before scuffling for a bit with injuries and contact issues in full season.

He hit .261 in Brevard County in 2014. I would qualify that as OK. Other than that, his minor league numbers before last year were pretty nondescript. Obviously the talent was always there, though. I really liked Harrison and was sad to see him go.

But that's not the point. Harrison isn't a Brewer anymore. Joe Gray is. And Joe Gray, at least to me, is a uber-athletic quick-twitch player with the same kind of traits that got me excited about Harrison. Those are also the types that other teams salivate over in potential deals down the road.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 26, 2018, 8:16 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Noche said:

He hit .261 in Brevard County in 2014. I would qualify that as OK. Other than that, his minor league numbers before last year were pretty nondescript. Obviously the talent was always there, though. I really liked Harrison and was sad to see him go.

But that's not the point. Harrison isn't a Brewer anymore. Joe Gray is. And Joe Gray, at least to me, is a uber-athletic quick-twitch player with the same kind of traits that got me excited about Harrison. Those are also the types that other teams salivate over in potential deals down the road.

You got the batting average right but nothing else. Monte has never played for Brevard Co. He played in the Arizona League in 2014. Had a .400+ OBP and 30+ steals. He was excellent. Then he was good again the next year in Helena before getting injured upon promotion.

What are you looking at?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 26, 2018, 10:45 AM Post
Noche said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Noche said:

You got the batting average right but nothing else. Monte has never played for Brevard Co. He played in the Arizona League in 2014. Had a .400+ OBP and 30+ steals. He was excellent. Then he was good again the next year in Helena before getting injured upon promotion.

What are you looking at?

My bad ... I got the teams mixed up. He was fine in Arizona Rookie League. Showed promise. Then spent several years with injuries and flailing before living up to that promise again last year, which excited the Marlins enough to make him a big piece of the deal for Yelich. Also, you have it reversed. Harrison was aggressively bumped to the Wisconsin Single A team at the outset of the season in 2015, where he scuffled big time before being sent to Helena to play short season Rookie ball.

But ... this isn't about Harrison. It's about Gray. And in my opinion, Gray's skillset compares favorably to Harrison's. It wouldn't surprise me to see him take a similar career path, which will come with highs and lows before hopefully a breakout as a top prospect a couple years from now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 26, 2018, 2:44 PM Post
Hey guys - I read this forum probably 300 days out of 365 but rarely post....have been a lurker for probably 15 years.....I have never visited another brewer fan website because I don't know any others actually. But I love the information and its really the only way an out of towner can get good info on the team and farm system.

Keep up the good work to everyone...

Now then, I found this article and didn't see it mentioned anywhere.....but if it has been...my apologies...

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 02d31.html

(looks good for Cabell and Turang - spoiler)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 26, 2018, 11:26 PM Post
buckeyesteve said:
Hey guys - I read this forum probably 300 days out of 365 but rarely post....have been a lurker for probably 15 years.....I have never visited another brewer fan website because I don't know any others actually. But I love the information and its really the only way an out of towner can get good info on the team and farm system.

Keep up the good work to everyone...

Now then, I found this article and didn't see it mentioned anywhere.....but if it has been...my apologies...

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 02d31.html

(looks good for Cabell and Turang - spoiler)

Good find buckeyesteve. That does make it sound promising!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 02, 2018, 12:22 PM Post
Has anyone heard any updates on Turang? 4 days left. We've had most of our guys signed for a bit, I feel like if Turang was going to sign...he would have. I'm growing more and more pessimistic by the day. I guess it's possible we are trying to land both Turang and Daniel and are working out how to divvy up the remaining space.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next  [ 502 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test