LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 72 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 21-40

Offline  Re: 2018 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 21-40

Posted: June 06, 2018, 8:07 PM Post
I've always been of the opinion that it's hard to put a price on the experience of going to college during your 18-22 years.

It's even harder to put a price on it when you have an opportunity to play on one of the top sports teams at Florida State or LSU.

I can tell you, if you're a BMOC at one of those two schools (and many others) the quantity and physical attractiveness of the girls who will be interested in you is infinitely higher than if you were at Helena, Appleton, Zebulon, or even suburban Phoenix (lots of pretty women there, but you're just a guy in a big city with lots of athletes and rich dudes).

Go enjoy college, young men. There are certain aspects of it that you truly cannot put a price on.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 06, 2018, 8:16 PM Post
Dargan Southard

@Dargan_Southard
One last update here. #Hawkeyes pitcher Brady Schanuel confirms he will indeed sign with the Brewers, which drafted him in the 27th round: https://dmreg.co/2LsfNUt

Left hand power arm, big strikeout, big control issue pitcher. Probably Reliever down road but can never complain about lefty power arms signing! Was the 7th best Big 10 pro prospect coming into season but awful season dropped him. Was a 20th rd pick last year

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 06, 2018, 8:42 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
“I’m going to celebrate tonight, then start negotiating, with my advisor & the Brewers.”

In this nicely detailed article, learn about prior "funny bone surgery" for Brewers 22nd round JUCO pick & Penn State commit LHP Joey Baran; very much on the signing fence, it seems

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2018, 3:19 AM Post

Global Moderator
Mass Haas said:
“All I wanted was an opportunity, and I got an opportunity.”

PHOTO at the link

Brewers select University of Hawaii’s Kekai Rios in 28th round of MLB draft
Stephen Tsai, StarAdvertiser.com (HAWAII)

Rios hit .318 in 24 Big West games this past season as a catcher, third baseman and designated hitter. He also handled a pitching staff that used eight different starters.

The Kansas City Royals had called Rios earlier today but made a conditional offer that was deemed too low. After a breakfast of pancakes and Portuguese sausage, Rios was returning to his family’s Hilo home when he learned he was selected by the Brewers.

Hey, I'm Portuguese, cacoila, oh yeah! -- Jim

Here's a follow-up article that includes a video report (click arrow to go beyond initial photo), which indicates:

The junior said that he turned down a $75,000 signing bonus offer by the Kansas City Royals earlier in the draft, but agreed to what is expected to be a bonus in the neighborhood of $100,000 with Milwaukee.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2018, 12:39 PM Post

Global Moderator
This. This is why we hunt down the follow-up hometown stories, no matter the Brewers draft round. Read this, see the photos & you'll understand that even the 39th round matters to these kids and their families, especially Missouri HS catcher Caleb Marquez.

A dream realized: Wildcats’ Marquez finally has name called in MLB Draft

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2018, 12:42 PM Post

Global Moderator
More quotes from a genuinely very excited and appreciative Brewers 33rd round pick, 6'6" New Jersey HS 1B Brandon Hylton, who is a Stetson commit. Signing decision still pending at this time, but fun comments!

"I have been watching the draft every single day. I have been on top of every one of the picks. Every morning, I've been waiting for the clock to strike 1:00 for the draft to begin. Every pick, my heart was racing. When I finally saw my name, I I had chills for the next 30 minutes. It was the best feeling for both me and my family."

Full article link

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2018, 1:25 PM Post
Really intrigued with Caleb Marquez! Big kid at 6’3 240.... had D1 looks for football & sounds like he really wants to start a pro career!

Brandon Hylton seems pretty raw but another massive kid who hopefully the Brewers can develop him if he signs

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 21-40

Posted: June 07, 2018, 1:30 PM Post
The article on Marquez sure makes it seem like he's signing...

"The best part of the “great ending” will come when Anderson visits the Marquez home this evening.

“Drew called right after everyone left,” Caleb said, “and he’s got some things to get done before he comes over to the house. I’m looking forward to him coming over and talking about my contract and becoming a part of the Brewers organization.”"

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2018, 3:10 PM Post

Global Moderator
TheJumpAround said:
jeff ellis
@jeffMLBdraft
Brandon Williamson was another late cut for me, Brewers taking a lot of these unsignable guys late

Jeff Johnson
@jeje66
Iowans in Baseball America's Top 500 MLB Draft list: NIACC P Brandon Williamson (168), Iowa OF Robert Neustrom (189), Kirkwood SS Korry Howell (385), Iowa P Brady Schanuel (408), Iowa P Nick Allgeyer (457), Iowa C Tyler Cropley (472).

Mike Tennyson
@MikeTennyson
Expect Brandon Williamson LHP ( Martin Co West HS & NIACC & TCU commit to be drafted today...6’5” w/live arm & 3 sport athlete. ......This follows Fairmont MN HS, NIACC and UK grad Luke Becker drafted Tues by Padres in 9th round...So MN small town baseball stars making good

Travis Hergert
@CoachHerg
More Travis Hergert Retweeted MLB Pipeline
MLB Pipeline ranks @NIACCBaseball LHP Brandon Williamson as the top prospect in the state of Iowa!

This headline tells you that the Brewers taking a flyer on the highly-ranked Williamson was for naught:

Williamson drafted by Brewers; opts for TCU

“It (the draft) didn’t quite work out the way my agent and I wanted it to, but I appreciate the Brewers’ consideration,” said Williamson.

More quotes at the link.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2018, 3:17 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Far from shocking, the Brewers will not sign 29th round SS Nander De Sedas. He'll be honoring his commitment to Florida State.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 08, 2018, 5:15 PM Post
Joey Baran
@baran201
Officially a @Brewers!! Time to get to work and live out a dream.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 08, 2018, 5:44 PM Post
TheJumpAround said:
Joey Baran
@baran201
Officially a @Brewers!! Time to get to work and live out a dream.

Jesus! That literally just happend. How on earth u that fast..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 13, 2018, 7:10 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
According to this, 40th rounder Wes Clarke will honor his commitment to South Carolina.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/s ... 83071.html

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 14, 2018, 5:54 AM Post
Global Moderator
A couple more late rounders (LHP Michael Mediavilla and RHP Franklin Hernandez) are now signed per this Tweet from Adam McCalvy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 14, 2018, 8:22 AM Post
Caleb_Marquez31
@CalebJMarquez ‏
sc:cm31 ig:caleb_marquez31 // email cjmarquez31@gmail.com // Milwaukee Brewers

Between the article above and this recent update to his Twitter bio I'm thinking Marquez may be signing/signed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 14, 2018, 2:19 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Caleb Marquez has signed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 18, 2018, 10:19 AM Post
Global Moderator
35th round selection Josh Watson is returning to TCU for his senior year per his own Tweet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 21, 2018, 7:10 AM Post
Aidan Maldonado looks like he's already on campus at Illinois based on twitter so I doubt he's signing

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 21, 2018, 7:28 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
32nd round pick Jonny Cuevas will not be signing:

Cuevas is a 2018 Palm Desert High School graduate who received a scholarship to continue his education and baseball career at the University of Southern California. The USC commit decided not to sign with the Brewers. Cuevas also decided not to be a Trojan. Instead, Cuevas wishes to focus more on baseball and is set to attend College of Southern Nevada where he will play with the goal to be drafted higher in next years draft.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 22, 2018, 8:37 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Still have not received confirmation from the Brewers that 22nd round pick Joey Baran has signed. Hope there isn't a medical issue holding it up.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 72 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test