LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 100 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 MLB Draft

Offline  Re: 2019 MLB Draft

Posted: June 03, 2019, 12:41 PM Post
I'd like to see them take Michael Busch, who Fangraphs has going to us in their latest mock. A bat-first 1B is a good strategy for betting on a possible star this low in the first round.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 1:20 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
PBR has the Brewers going with Kody Hoese.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 2:24 PM Post
SRB said:
I'd like to see them take Michael Busch, who Fangraphs has going to us in their latest mock. A bat-first 1B is a good strategy for betting on a possible star this low in the first round.

I love the idea of a bat first 1B too, but Busch just hadn't hit as well at NC as his hype suggests. I find him underwhelming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 2:25 PM Post
And That said:

That I'd love, but he'll never make it this far.

Edit: Wow, a few more mocks are showing Hoese lasting to us, that would be a no brainer. Always a contact hitter, he became a masher this year after putting on some muscle.

Last edited by Never Outhustled on June 03, 2019, 4:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 2:32 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
PG's final mock has the Brewers going with J.J. Goss.

That's the third mock draft in the past 18 hours, including BA (Espino) and MLB Pipeline (Malone), to associate the Brewers with a prep righty.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 3:14 PM Post
Few names I found doing some internet digging that got brought in for pre-draft stuff, Jack Kochanowicz and Wyatt Wendell (son of Turk)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 4:27 PM Post
Does anyone know of good live draft night coverage (as in, not the MLB Network broadcast)?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 4:45 PM Post
Global Moderator
About twenty minutes away from the start of the draft and I would be most excited about a hitter such as SS Matthew Lugo, 3B Tyler Callihan, or 1B Michael Busch (even Kody Hoese although I don’t think he’ll be available and he grew up in a family that was Cubs season ticket holders [smile] ).

There seem to be a lot of pitchers connected to the Brewers as possibilities at #28 (Goss, Malone, Espino, Johnson).

I really don’t want the Brewers to take Missouri OF Kameron Misner, I am not a believer.

For the second pick of the night I think possibilities for the Brewers are SS Nasim Nunez, UCLA 1B Michael Toglia and pitchers Jack Kochanowicz or Evan Fitterer.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 4:57 PM Post
Fangraphs final mock has us taking LHP Hunter Barco (HS)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 5:08 PM Post
Global Moderator
Final Mock Drafts from Jim Callis and Jonathan Mayo...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 5:10 PM Post
Malone is supposed to have the highest upside of any pitcher in the draft. Wouldn't be upset with that pick!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 5:13 PM Post
The hotel I'm staying at has the NBA, NFL, NHL, and Golf networks/channels, but no MLB Network.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 5:14 PM Post
LouisEly said:
The hotel I'm staying at has the NBA, NFL, NHL, and Golf networks/channels, but no MLB Network.

Ready for a total mind bleep? My cable currently has MLB, NBA, NHL Networks and Golf Channel but no NFL Network.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 5:18 PM Post
Global Moderator
Now that the draft is underway we are going to continue the live draft discussion at our 2019 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-5 thread. Please proceed to that link to discuss the draft tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 5:35 PM Post
trwi7 said:
LouisEly said:

Ready for a total mind bleep? My cable currently has MLB, NBA, NHL Networks and Golf Channel but no NFL Network.

Not missing much with the NFL network. I would trade that for the NHL or NBA networks.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 5:45 PM Post
nate82 said:
trwi7 said:
LouisEly said:

Not missing much with the NFL network. I would trade that for the NHL or NBA networks.

Oh yeah I know. I had NFL Network until a few weeks ago when there was a dispute and they got taken off the air.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-5

Posted: June 03, 2019, 6:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
Guess the Mets are taking Baty.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-5

Posted: June 03, 2019, 6:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
Guess the Mets took Baty.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 7:57 PM Post
Jeff Ellis had his final mock (rounds 1 & 2) out just before the start of the draft. This is free content.

https://247sports.com/mlb/scouting/Arti ... 132564328/

He was correct on the 1st 6 picks...

Projected to the Crew:
28 Milwaukee Brooks Lee, SS, San Luis Obispo (CA)
65 Milwaukee Brewers Ryne Nelson, RHP, Oregon

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 05, 2019, 2:58 PM Post
Through 33rd round. All draftees in college bracket.

Friday, June 7

Game 1: (10) East Carolina at (7) Louisville, noon, ESPN2 (Bennett, Nick. Louisville (KY))
Game 1: (9) Oklahoma State at (8) Texas Tech, 3 p.m., ESPN2 (Holt, Gabe. Texas Tech (TX), Floyd, Taylor. Texas Tech (TX))
Game 1: Duke at (2) Vanderbilt, 6 p.m., ESPN2 (Gillis, Jackson. Vanderbilt (TN))
Game 1: Michigan at (1) UCLA, 9 p.m., ESPN2

Saturday, June 8

Game 1: (12) Ole Miss at (5) Arkansas, noon, ESPN (Dillard, Thomas. Ole Miss (MS))
Game 1: Auburn at (14) North Carolina, noon, ESPN2 (McGee, Ashton. North Carolina (NC))
Game 1: Florida State at (13) LSU, 3 p.m., ESPN
Game 1: (11) Stanford at (6) Mississippi State, 3 p.m., ESPN2 (Small, Ethan. Mississippi State (MS))
Game 2: (10) East Carolina at (7) Louisville, 3 p.m., ESPNU (Bennett, Nick. Louisville (KY))
Game 2: (9) Oklahoma State at (8) Texas Tech, 6 p.m., ESPNU (Holt, Gabe. Texas Tech (TX), Floyd, Taylor. Texas Tech (TX))
Game 2: Duke at (2) Vanderbilt, 9 p.m., ESPNU (Gillis, Jackson. Vanderbilt (TN))
Game 2: Michigan at (1) UCLA, 9 p.m., ESPN2

Sunday, June 9

Game 3 (if nec.): (10) East Carolina at (7) Louisville, noon, ESPN2 (Bennett, Nick. Louisville (KY))
Game 2: (12) Ole Miss at (5) Arkansas, 3 p.m., ESPNU (Dillard, Thomas. Ole Miss (MS))
Game 2: Auburn at (14) North Carolina, TBA, ESPN (McGee, Ashton. North Carolina (NC))
Game 3 (if nec.): Duke at (2) Vanderbilt, 3 p.m., ESPN2 (Gillis, Jackson. Vanderbilt (TN))
Game 2: Florida State at (13) LSU, 6 p.m., ESPN2
Game 3 (if nec.): (9) Oklahoma State at (8) Texas Tech, 6 p.m., ESPNU (Holt, Gabe. Texas Tech (TX), Floyd, Taylor. Texas Tech (TX))
Game 2: (11) Stanford at (6) Mississippi State, 9 p.m., ESPNU (Small, Ethan. Mississippi State (MS))
Game 3 (if nec.): Michigan at (1) UCLA, 9 p.m., ESPN2

Monday, June 10

Game 3 (if nec.): Auburn at (14) North Carolina, 1 p.m., ESPN2 (McGee, Ashton. North Carolina (NC))
Game 3 (if nec.): (12) Ole Miss at (5) Arkansas, 4 p.m., ESPN2 (Dillard, Thomas. Ole Miss (MS))
Game 3 (if nec.): (11) Stanford at (6) Mississippi State, 7 p.m., ESPN2 (Small, Ethan. Mississippi State (MS))
Game 3 (if nec.): Florida State at (13) LSU, 8:30 p.m., ESPN

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 100 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test