LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 54 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 July 2 International Signing Rumors

Offline  Re: 2019 July 2 International Signing Rumors

Posted: July 17, 2019, 5:53 PM Post
The brewers seemed to target position players with these signings.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2019, 6:04 PM Post
TheJumpAround said:
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Miguel Briceno to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent OF Deivid Alvis to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent CF Eduarh Colina to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent RHP Miguel Segura to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Alexander Perez to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent RHP Michael Perdomo to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent OF Mendy Ferreira to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent RF Enmanuel Feliz to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent RHP Stiven Cruz to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent OF Luis Medina to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent IF Jose Caballero to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent IF Luis Watter to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Jamal Zalm to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent IF Alberto Ciprian to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent C Blayberg Diaz to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Brenny Escanio to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent OF Jose Gonzalez to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Mauro Garcia to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Beyker Pastran to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent CF Diego Larez to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent C Jeferson Quero to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Jheremy Vargas to a minor league contract.

Quero was specifically mentioned along with the two main signings (Medina and Hedbert Perez) by Matt Arnold on the latest "Brewers on Tap" podcast with Lane Grindle. So I searched his name on Twitter and found video of him[url/https://twitter.com/Rommel_sportpma/status/636667855488942084] hitting a go ahead home run[/url] against Japan for Venezuela in the Little League World Series a few years ago, which I thought was pretty cool. In the tweet it's spelled with two f's but I googled it and it's definitely him.

Anyway, Arnold said they have been really impressed by his ability behind the plate and his strength. He also said that at their camps it would be 110 degrees and they'd be trying to get him out for rest and that Quero wanted no part of that. Arnold sounded excited about all of his tools (didn't mention speed, but he's a catcher). Definitely somebody I'll be watching, I always love hearing about a guy with potential who didn't get one of the big reported bonuses.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2019, 6:04 PM Post
TheJumpAround said:
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Miguel Briceno to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent OF Deivid Alvis to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent CF Eduarh Colina to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent RHP Miguel Segura to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Alexander Perez to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent RHP Michael Perdomo to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent OF Mendy Ferreira to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent RF Enmanuel Feliz to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent RHP Stiven Cruz to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent OF Luis Medina to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent IF Jose Caballero to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent IF Luis Watter to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Jamal Zalm to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent IF Alberto Ciprian to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent C Blayberg Diaz to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Brenny Escanio to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent OF Jose Gonzalez to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Mauro Garcia to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Beyker Pastran to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent CF Diego Larez to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent C Jeferson Quero to a minor league contract.
7/2/19 Milwaukee Brewers signed free agent SS Jheremy Vargas to a minor league contract.

Quero was specifically mentioned along with the two main signings (Medina and Hedbert Perez) by Matt Arnold on the latest "Brewers on Tap" podcast with Lane Grindle. So I searched his name on Twitter and found video of him hitting a go ahead home run against Japan for Venezuela in the Little League World Series a few years ago, which I thought was pretty cool. In the tweet it's spelled with two f's but I googled it and it's definitely him.

Anyway, Arnold said they have been really impressed by his ability behind the plate and his strength. He also said that at their camps it would be 110 degrees and they'd be trying to get him out for rest and that Quero wanted no part of that. Arnold sounded excited about all of his tools (didn't mention speed, but he's a catcher). Definitely somebody I'll be watching, I always love hearing about a guy with potential who didn't get one of the big reported bonuses.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 11, 2019, 2:27 PM Post
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... e-brewers/

Here is BA's review. If anyone wants to share tid bits, thanks.

Ben Badler
@BenBadler
·
2h
The Milwaukee Brewers signed one of my favorite international prospects this year.

Here's scouting reports on their class, with 15 player reports and 11 videos of their top signs:

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2019, 4:18 PM Post
TheJumpAround said:
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-20-mlb-international-reviews-milwaukee-brewers/

Here is BA's review. If anyone wants to share tid bits, thanks.

Ben Badler
@BenBadler
·
2h
The Milwaukee Brewers signed one of my favorite international prospects this year.

Here's scouting reports on their class, with 15 player reports and 11 videos of their top signs:

I'm never really sure exactly how much to share from a paid site, but I'll do my best to summarize it and include some of the quotes, but most of the parts in the quotes will be paraphrased or cut up into smaller parts of the full quote.

Hedpert Perez: (This one is really exciting so I'm basically including everything written about him)
One of the elite talents from the 2019 class, with an exciting combination of athleticism, tools and advanced baseball skills on both sides of the ball for 16... Perez is one of the best hitters in the 2019 class and projects to stay at a premium position... Compact, efficient swing from the left side, a high-contact hitter who barrels balls to all fields... Controls the strike zone well, laying off close pitches and working himself into favorable counts, with a chance to develop into a plus hitter.

At least 55 raw power... and it should be consistently plus or better power in the future. Approach and contact frequency should allow it to be power that he taps into in game... At least plus speed... Excellent athlete who should be able to maintain speed, which plays up in center field because of his instincts. Reads balls well off the bat, accelerates quickly and takes sharp routes with good body control and closing speed. A potential above average defensive center fielder with a plus arm. Perez is also a fluent English speaker who draws praise for his confidence and leadership skills.

So yeah... That's a really fun write up. About as excited as I've ever been for an international signing.
Luis Medina: (Got the biggest bonus for this Brewers Class)
Big frame (6'2 and 170 pounds) and some of the biggest raw power in the 2019 class. At least plus raw power and shows flashes of 70 raw power. Loose, lefty swing, using hands well with solid strike zone judgment for his age.

Can get pull happy, leading to some swing and miss. But, his hands/awareness are still good enough at times to connect. Staying through the ball is something he will need to improve. Average runner, has good defensive instincts in center, but range likely leads to career in the corners. 55 arm would allow him to play right.

Jeferson Quero (another super intriguing write up)
Emerged as one of the most promising catcher prospects in the 2019 class. Stands out behind the plate as well as in the box. Blocking and receiving techniques are advanced for his age. Quick, athletic behind the plate. Has had in-game pop times in the low 1.9's.

Intelligence and leadership also earn high marks. He has a combination of contact and impact, with a low swing-and-miss rate to go with big power. Good approach for his age, natural ability to drive the ball the other way. Hard contact all over the field, with the ability to go deep from left-center to left already. Projects to have plus power.

I'll get a little less in depth now...
Jheremy Vargas and Alexander Perez (two 16 year old shortstops)
Vargas has consistently hit well in games. Potential high on-base threat who makes a lot of contact and has sharp strike zone discipline. Line drive hitter with gap power. Has some room to develop a little home run power. Chance to stick at short with secure hands, good awareness and solid-average arm.
Perez hit well in games in Venezuela. Expands zone at times, but generally solid approach. Makes a lot of contact, good plate coverage. Power has shown flashes as he's gotten stronger. Good chance to stay at short with a solid-average arm and good athleticism.

Alberto Ciprian
Third baseman. Above average raw power is calling card, with combination of strength and explosive hand speed. Already driving balls out to the opposite field in BP. Solid plate patience, but power is ahead of overall hitting ability. Swing can be choppy at times, has tried lowering hands to help be more direct to the ball. Above average arm, needs to improve footwork and slow game down to stick at third.

Beyker Pastran and Jose Caballero (two more Venezuelan SS's)
Pastran is a versatile player without one plus tool. Does a lot of things well, with a chance for average or near average tools across the board. Plays all around the diamond (infield and outfield) with a 55 arm and 45 speed.
Caballero is a slick fielder. Lacks the physical strength of peers, but is smooth and fluid at shortstop, light on his feet with quick hands. Solid-average runner with at least an average arm. A smart player, he also impressed the Brewers with his swing mechanics and bat to ball skills. Does not project for much power.

Eduarh Colina
Tooled up outfielder with less information because he has had passport issues and couldn't get to the DR. An aggressive right handed hitter, his raw power, speed and arm strength have all earned above-average grades.

Jose Gonzalez
17 year old who moved to center field after signing with Milwaukee. Has plus speed and a plus arm. Generally performed well in games, he's an aggressive hitter with a fast bat and line-drive approach with some gap power.

Mauro Garcia
17 year old switch-hitting shortstop. Solid contact skills and doubles power. Below average runner and an average arm. Likely moves from shortstop.

Jesus Garcia
Catcher with a strong, compact body, good arm and the tools to stick behind the plate. Needs to iron out his swing however.

Sleepers:
Blayberg Diaz
Catcher was a lower dollar signing who has trended up. Offensive minded but has made significat progress with catch and throw skills since signing.

Luis Watter
Small infielder/outfielder who is tooled up. 80 runner, with a 60 arm. Slap and dash approach at the plate from the right side.

Yujanyer Herrera
One of the youngest players in the class, but has already reached 93 MPH and has more projection remaining at 6/3, 170 pounds. Also has a good feel for a changeup.

I probably inlcuded more than I should have, but once I started going through it I got excited haha

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 14, 2020, 8:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'm never really sure exactly how much to share from a paid site, but I'll do my best to summarize it and include some of the quotes, but most of the parts in the quotes will be paraphrased or cut up into smaller parts of the full quote.

Paraphrases and summaries are best. Large cut-n-paste quotes are a no-no. Thanks for summarizing it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 04, 2020, 5:23 PM Post
There has been a few more BA articles on Hedbert Perez including (https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... ect-class/). Anyone got a summary? Would love to hear more about this guy - sounds like he is very highly regarded

website

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 04, 2020, 9:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
mattyo said:
There has been a few more BA articles on Hedbert Perez including (https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... ect-class/). Anyone got a summary? Would love to hear more about this guy - sounds like he is very highly regarded

It says he has developed into one of the most complete players in the 2019 international signing class. Refers to him as a high-contact hitter with at least solid-average raw power which they project should grow into a plus tool soon. Also acknowledges that he is at least a plus runner who accelerates quickly in both the outfield and on the basepaths.

The article includes a little over 1-minute video of Hedbert Perez hitting (both in-game and BP) as well as throwing from RF to 3B and home (both practice and in-game). He has quickly become one of the projected stars from this past year’s signing class.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 05, 2020, 10:32 AM Post
Eye Black said:
mattyo said:

It says he has developed into one of the most complete players in the 2019 international signing class. Refers to him as a high-contact hitter with at least solid-average raw power which they project should grow into a plus tool soon. Also acknowledges that he is at least a plus runner who accelerates quickly in both the outfield and on the basepaths.

The article includes a little over 1-minute video of Hedbert Perez hitting (both in-game and BP) as well as throwing from RF to 3B and home (both practice and in-game). He has quickly become one of the projected stars from this past year’s signing class.

Appreciate it. I'm salivating.

website

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 8:53 AM Post
Eye Black said:
mattyo said:

Man....did we ever need news like this! Obviously, we have no idea yet if this kid will actually pan out, but at least we have a kid that many seem to be really high on. I'm guessing this kid will be playing in the DSL this year, correct? So, we most likely won't see him state-side until 2021 at the earliest? Going to have to be patient I guess, but let's hope he's one of those Dominican kids that is so good that he forces the Brewers to fast track him to some degree.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 7:55 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Hedbert GIF

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 9:30 PM Post
Mass Haas said:

That kid is 16? Man oh man! Definitely jumping the gun, but we might have one of those generational talents that comes up before he’s 20. He sure is highly regarded.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 16, 2020, 9:45 AM Post
I agree with all the excitement on Herbert Perez. It’s not just the power, it’s that he’s got a nice hit tool and stroke with the power. It’s good that they project him for center but with his arm I could see him in right.

Eduardo Garcia is chronologically ahead but he’s the other international guy who I’m highest on. There are some others including the young center fielder, Carlos Rodriguez and Luis Medina who is highly touted. Who knows, in a year or two we might have 4 of our top ten prospects being international guys.

When all is said and done, I am cautiously optimistic that if you take a snapshot of our current prospect list, it will prove to be a good crop and not the bottom where they are ranked. You take the four international guys I mentioned, add in Antoine Kelly and Drew Rasmussen as high upside pitchers, plus Small and Ashby as solid starting prospects, Turang and Lutz with their youth and upside, Feliciano and Henry at catcher, and you’ve got the makings of a very strong list. A guy like Bickford could really re-emerge as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 16, 2020, 11:51 AM Post
Austin Tatious said:
I agree with all the excitement on Herbert Perez. It’s not just the power, it’s that he’s got a nice hit tool and stroke with the power. It’s good that they project him for center but with his arm I could see him in right.

Eduardo Garcia is chronologically ahead but he’s the other international guy who I’m highest on. There are some others including the young center fielder, Carlos Rodriguez and Luis Medina who is highly touted. Who knows, in a year or two we might have 4 of our top ten prospects being international guys.

When all is said and done, I am cautiously optimistic that if you take a snapshot of our current prospect list, it will prove to be a good crop and not the bottom where they are ranked. You take the four international guys I mentioned, add in Antoine Kelly and Drew Rasmussen as high upside pitchers, plus Small and Ashby as solid starting prospects, Turang and Lutz with their youth and upside, Feliciano and Henry at catcher, and you’ve got the makings of a very strong list. A guy like Bickford could really re-emerge as well.

I agree. All of those could do well. Lucas Erceg and Jacob Nottingham could have the light bulb come on. Quintin Torres-Costa could come back from injury.

Then there are the quieter types - Cooper Hummel, Clayton Andrews, Weston Wilson, David Fry, Cam Devanny, Korry Howell, Dylan File, Thomas Jankins,and Scott Sunitsch.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 54 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test