LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-07-21: Brewers (Woodruff) at Diamondbacks (Young) [Brewers win, 7-4 -- Saladino grand slam ties it in 4th; Bullpen stellar after Woodruff exits with abdominal injury]

Offline  Re: 2019-07-21: Brewers (Woodruff) at Diamondbacks (Young) 3:10 PM CDT
Posted: July 21, 2019, 5:50 PM Post
3 out 4. Another massive win.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 5:51 PM Post
Yeah! Now THAT was a satisfying win!

I hope all you guys who gave up on this game either after the lineup was posted or after Woody gave up a few early runs realizes that this is why they play the games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 5:52 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I hope all you guys who gave up on this game either after the lineup was posted or after Woody gave up a few early runs realizes that this is why they play the games.

I'll wear this one with pride

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 5:52 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Sorry lady and gentlemen but Gamel has an option. It’s one of the reasons Stearns traded for him. Don’t assume I don’t like Gamel just because I say the brewers should CONSIDER (consider) the optioning of Gamel IF (if) Grisham CONTINUES(continues) to rake to get the better bat into the lineup. So sometime between August 1 and 31.potentially.

I don't agree with this at all, but thanks for explaining your reasoning.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 5:54 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I hope you do too. Since you’ve been ******** about Saladino a lot

I would suggest you send him a nice home cooked apple pie or maybe stand outside his window with a boom box and serenade him and ask for forgiveness

Quote   Reply 
jason21nl said:
I called the game over very early. I was wrong. I'm a moron. Big gutsy win!

Awe, don’t fret, we understand, 88% of us thought the game was over too, we just didn’t say it on air.

Quote   Reply 
jason21nl said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I'll wear this one with pride

Wins are good for the soul. A famous guy once said that. [wink]

Quote   Reply 
Brew crew 92 said:
Sorry lady and gentlemen but Gamel has an option. It’s one of the reasons Stearns traded for him. Don’t assume I don’t like Gamel just because I say the brewers should CONSIDER (consider) the optioning of Gamel IF (if) Grisham CONTINUES(continues) to rake to get the better bat into the lineup. So sometime between August 1 and 31.potentially.

But Gamel doesn’t start? I’d rather have the good defensive OFer in Gamel who is doing decent for a 4th OFer who HAS defense.

Trent Grisham is nowhere nearly as good defensively and what will it take for him to be more valuable? .780....800 OPS? Pretty lofty expectation you have for a guy with little success at AA and above.

I just don’t see Grisham doing better and I don’t think we are desperate to make that move...seems like you are desperate for a change, but that doesn’t seem like the spot warranting it. If you want to throw darts at a dart board try SS.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 5:55 PM Post
willie key said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I hope you do too. Since you’ve been ******** about Saladino a lot

I would suggest you send him a nice home cooked apple pie or maybe stand outside his window with a boom box and serenade him and ask for forgiveness

You gotta be thinking of someone else. I haven't been bashing Saladino.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 5:56 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
jason21nl said:
I called the game over very early. I was wrong. I'm a moron. Big gutsy win!

Awe, don’t fret, we understand, 88% of us thought the game was over too, we just didn’t say it on air.

It’s an in game thread. Off the cuff comments happen all the time

People shouldn’t get too worked up

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-21: Brewers (Woodruff) at Diamondbacks (Young) [Brewers win, 7-4 -- Saladino grand slam ties it in 4th; Bullpen stellar after Woodruff exits with abdominal injury]
Posted: July 21, 2019, 5:57 PM Post
Huge win. Credit where due. Woodruff hurt and still able to come back. Props. Now Stearns reward the boys with some help.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 6:01 PM Post
Global Moderator
TexasCheesehead said:
5-1 now since Stearns proclamation

If the Brewers continue to rattle off wins it’s going to be disappointing if they don’t end up making any meaningful acquisitions at the deadline. Especially after his comments.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 6:03 PM Post
Eye Black said:
TexasCheesehead said:

If the Brewers continue to rattle off wins it’s going to be disappointing if they don’t end up making any meaningful acquisitions at the deadline. Especially after his comments.

The costs could be pretty high this year since everyone is still in it. I’m almost with the go with the guys we have crowd and buck up and perform

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 6:04 PM Post
Eye Black said:
TexasCheesehead said:

We're running out of time to make that call. Only 10 days till the deadline and you know some of the key chips are going to be dealt before the last day. I hope Stearns has his team working out any and all possibilities that would land us Will Smith and MB.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 6:08 PM Post
TexasCheesehead said:
Eye Black said:
TexasCheesehead said:

We're running out of time to make that call. Only 10 days till the deadline and you know some of the key chips are going to be dealt before the last day. I hope Stearns has his team working out any and all possibilities that would land us Will Smith and MB.

To me, I'd like to see those acquisitions(or at least one impact one) made before the Cubs series next week.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-21: Brewers (Woodruff) at Diamondbacks (Young) [Brewers win, 7-4 -- Saladino grand slam ties it in 4th; Bullpen stellar after Woodruff exits with abdominal injury]
Posted: July 21, 2019, 6:09 PM Post
Crap

https://twitter.com/haudricourt/status/ ... 36576?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 6:10 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Brew crew 92 said:

But Gamel doesn’t start? I’d rather have the good defensive OFer in Gamel who is doing decent for a 4th OFer who HAS defense.

Trent Grisham is nowhere nearly as good defensively and what will it take for him to be more valuable? .780....800 OPS? Pretty lofty expectation you have for a guy with little success at AA and above.

I just don’t see Grisham doing better and I don’t think we are desperate to make that move...seems like you are desperate for a change, but that doesn’t seem like the spot warranting it. If you want to throw darts at a dart board try SS.

He’s toying with AAA pitching, I believe he’s a left handed Hiura comp. and would succeed immediately in the big leagues. Maybe not a 70 hit tool like Hiura, but a great plate approach, High on base, power hitting bat. With him up, CC might rest the trio a little more for the stretch run and playoffs. But we’ll see if he continues his onslaught.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 6:11 PM Post
markedman5 said:

Why does God hate the Brewers?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 6:13 PM Post
markedman5 said:

The Braun injury!!!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2019, 6:15 PM Post
Global Moderator
Man. Now they need any acquisition to replace, rather than upgrade. Absolutely brutal.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 268 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply