LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next  [ 239 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-12: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Marlins (Smith) [Brewers win, 3-2 -- 7 straight wins]

Offline  2019-09-12: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Marlins (Smith) [Brewers win, 3-2 -- 7 straight wins]

Posted: September 12, 2019, 5:33 AM Post
Global Moderator

Gio Gonzalez: Batter (Marlins) vs Pitching Stats

Caleb Smith: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-12: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Marlins (Smith) 12:10 PM CDT

Posted: September 12, 2019, 6:22 AM Post
LETS DO THIS.gif

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 6:51 AM Post
You know, when Jordan Lyles slid home to beat Pittsburgh last year as a 'who is this relief pitcher and why is he drawing extra innings walks to prolong and win games for us in a pennant race?" guy ... I remember thinking to myself "what a moment for this dude ... his career will be whatever... but Brewers fans will never forget him for this moment."

Yet here we are. About to hold off the mighty Cubs for the 2nd wild card. About to get on a plane to go to Washington in a one and done. This kid who Counsell told to not swing the bat when he walked up there last year is about to be handed the baseball across the field from Max Scherzer. Washington fans are going to be giggling. Then Grandal is going to get a hold of one in the 1st inning to give Lyles a 2 run lead and Nationals fans are going to give each other the nervous side eye. Lyles will be pesky. In and out, up and down. Washington will threaten but not gouge. Brewers will chase Scherzer in the 7th. Add 1 in the 8th. Hader closes it contested and here will be Jordan Lyles, sent away from us in the off season, shunned by Pittsburgh mid season ... pitching 5 1/3 and sending the Brewers to the NLCS. The "Jordan Lyles game" is going to have a whole new meaning in a few weeks.

Let's go.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 7:06 AM Post
liveforoctober said:
You know, when Jordan Lyles slid home to beat Pittsburgh last year as a 'who is this relief pitcher and why is he drawing extra innings walks to prolong and win games for us in a pennant race?" guy ... I remember thinking to myself "what a moment for this dude ... his career will be whatever... but Brewers fans will never forget him for this moment."

Yet here we are. About to hold off the mighty Cubs for the 2nd wild card. About to get on a plane to go to Washington in a one and done. This kid who Counsell told to not swing the bat when he walked up there last year is about to be handed the baseball across the field from Max Scherzer. Washington fans are going to be giggling. Then Grandal is going to get a hold of one in the 1st inning to give Lyles a 2 run lead and Nationals fans are going to give each other the nervous side eye. Lyles will be pesky. In and out, up and down. Washington will threaten but not gouge. Brewers will chase Scherzer in the 7th. Add 1 in the 8th. Hader closes it contested and here will be Jordan Lyles, sent away from us in the off season, shunned by Pittsburgh mid season ... pitching 5 1/3 and sending the Brewers to the NLCS. The "Jordan Lyles game" is going to have a whole new meaning in a few weeks.

Let's go.

As if I needed to get more excited for baseball. Goodness, man, keep this up for the next three weeks! Good morning indeed!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 7:08 AM Post
Nah, we'll just take the division instead.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 7:11 AM Post
liveforoctober said:

Let's go.

Goosebumps. Literal goosebumps.

We need to stop comparing this team to the 2018 team. They are their own team, and will have their own story when it's all said and done.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 7:26 AM Post
will be interested to see whether Hiura returns to the lineup against a lefty starter today, or if he's going to be limited for a bit longer

screw WC2, aim higher - win today and let that seed of doubt start growing in the Cards' mindsets headed into this weekend's series!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 7:28 AM Post
Love the positive energy around here! This really is a special team. Cubbies fans see the writing on the Wall. Cardinals fans still without a clue. Till Sunday ~ 4:30 pm central time.

Here we go brewers, here we go!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 7:49 AM Post

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 7:51 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Nah, we'll just take the division instead.

As much as we have written off such occurrence just like last year we are doing the only thing to make it possible...a ridiculous win streak in September. Only way we could rebound from such a deficit in the standings in September. Hopefully it continues...2-3 back come Monday? It could happen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 8:44 AM Post
jjgott said:

I just watched Karate Kid for the first time in my life yesterday, no joke.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 8:45 AM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
will be interested to see whether Hiura returns to the lineup against a lefty starter today, or if he's going to be limited for a bit longer

screw WC2, aim higher - win today and let that seed of doubt start growing in the Cards' mindsets headed into this weekend's series!

I believe the plan is to put Hiura back in the lineup when they come back home. Of course, that could change.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 8:45 AM Post
This guy is absolutely devastating against LHB. We need to load up the RH hitters today.

Cain
Grandal
Braun
Moose
Austin
Perez
Grisham
Arcia
P

Hiura slots in 3rd, Braun 5th, Austin 6th if Hiura starts today. I'm just not counting on it yet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 9:05 AM Post
I think it was reported by Tom directly from CC that Huira won't play the field until the homestand. We'll see of course but I'd be expecting PH only for him the next few days from what I've seen reported.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 9:17 AM Post
Today's Lineup.

Pretty good prediction there KeithStone!

CF Cain
C Grandal
LF Braun
3B Moustakas
1B Austin
2B Pérez
RF Gamel
SS Arcia
P Gonzalez

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 9:17 AM Post
Yeah, unless they are lying, we won't see Huira even pinch-hitting today. They said the Cardinals series.

Here is the lineup:
CF Lorenzo Cain R
C Y. Grandal S
LF Ryan Braun R
3B M. Moustakas L
1B Tyler Austin R
2B Hernan Perez R
RF Ben Gamel L
SS O. Arcia R
P Gio Gonzalez L

I was so close last night. Flip Perez and Gamel and would've nailed it.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 9:20 AM Post
No off days all next week either. Any recent updates on Pina? Thought today with the lefty might be the day he'd come back and try to get Grandal a day. Shockingly, Freitas isn't being thrown in at 1B and C to absolutely dominate

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 9:37 AM Post
Would have like to see Taylor get a start vs this lefty. No biggie though, I get that would be a stretch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 9:41 AM Post
I expected to see someone else catching today, even if it was Nottingham. I hope they aren’t overusing Grandal behind the plate. Getting Pina back would help.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2019, 9:49 AM Post
I'm not sure what is going on with this team but I don't question it anymore. Maybe Yelich goes down and everyone else finally lives up to their abilities? It would be great if Woodruff can be the RH reliever we so badly need ASAP. Get Tony La Russa in that locker room with his magic healing abilities and we can go on a run!

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next  [ 239 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply