LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


Test
  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next  [ 523 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 22, 2021, 2:46 PM Post
Posts: 896
Brewers Player Development
@BrewersPD
·
18s
We've added Ethan Murray from Duke University to the system. Welcome Ethan!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 22, 2021, 4:55 PM Post
Posts: 10255
Smith signs for under slot

https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/ ... 44577?s=21


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 22, 2021, 4:56 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 11590
Per Jim Callis:

2nd-rder Russell Smith signs w/@Brewers for $1 million (pick 51 value = $1,436,900). Texas Christian 4th-yr LHP, 89-95 mph fastball plays up b/c of command & angle, flashes plus changeup, mixes in slider, lots of strikes.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 22, 2021, 5:02 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 11590
sveumrules said:
jonescm128 said:
I'm a bit surprised that our first three picks (all college bats) all signed for over slot value. I figured they would keep them under slot value to put more money to Riggio. Not saying they still can't do that but a bit surprised at the first three going over slot.


Black signed for exactly slot, Binelas signed for $300 over slot, Frelick was $114,200 over slot.

That $114,500 dollars represents about 1.1% of the Brewers $10,063,400 total bonus pool.

Shouldn't hinder their ability to sign anyone else later, especially since all these figures are more or less ball parked & agreed upon before the picks are made.

One other thing of note is the Brewers can exceed their bonus pool by 4.999999% without incurring a draft pick penalty. That means their $10,063,400 bonus pool can actually be stretched to $10,566,500 without any lost draft pick repercussions. In that case they would have to pay a 75% tax penalty on any overage spending, but they’ve shown a willingness to do it before.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 23, 2021, 8:32 PM Post
Posts: 839
We’ve signed 9th round pick, RHP Brannon Jordan, reportedly for $47,500 (pick 267 value = $154,900).

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrewersPD/st ... 0774537217

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimcallisMLB ... 4804780036


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 23, 2021, 8:42 PM Post
Posts: 839
Jim Callis of MLB Pipeline reports that our 5th rounder IF Ethan Murray signed for $272,500 (pick 147 value = $367,900).

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimcallisMLB ... 7288253444


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 24, 2021, 7:13 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2230
Location: At the gettin' place
So I've got them for $529,200 under slot total right now not counting Clarke and the 2 other later picks (don't have info).

That seems pretty encouraging.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 24, 2021, 8:51 AM Post
Posts: 14
StearnsFTW said:
So I've got them for $529,200 under slot total right now not counting Clarke and the 2 other later picks (don't have info).

That seems pretty encouraging.


We also get another 500k from the 5% overage in Eye Black’s post.

If we can get another 250k in savings from our last 4 picks, we’ll be looking pretty good.

Granted, I’m pretty clueless when it comes to what it will take to sign these guys, but Riggio and Holten seem like the big money guys 11-20.

I’d love to just blow our entire load on Riggio, Vires, and Rogers. Would be around a 550k bonus if you divided it equally three ways. Wonder if 750k Riggio, with 450k and 450k going to the other two would do it. Either way, I think we are definitely getting two of the three, with a possibility of Riggio and Holten if we go all in on the two really big ones.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 24, 2021, 2:55 PM Post
Posts: 365
snoogans8056 said:
StearnsFTW said:
So I've got them for $529,200 under slot total right now not counting Clarke and the 2 other later picks (don't have info).

That seems pretty encouraging.


We also get another 500k from the 5% overage in Eye Black’s post.

If we can get another 250k in savings from our last 4 picks, we’ll be looking pretty good.

Granted, I’m pretty clueless when it comes to what it will take to sign these guys, but Riggio and Holten seem like the big money guys 11-20.

I’d love to just blow our entire load on Riggio, Vires, and Rogers. Would be around a 550k bonus if you divided it equally three ways. Wonder if 750k Riggio, with 450k and 450k going to the other two would do it. Either way, I think we are definitely getting two of the three, with a possibility of Riggio and Holten if we go all in on the two really big ones.


Holten has already announced he will not be signing. Riggio and Vire are the most likely candidates.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 25, 2021, 10:37 AM Post
Posts: 1127
https://twitter.com/BrewersPD/status/14 ... 60802?s=20

2B Zack Raabe has been signed


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 25, 2021, 12:14 PM Post
Posts: 839
4th round RHP Logan Henderson has also signed. I believe that gives of 11 signings from the 21-man draft class thus far.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brewers/stat ... 5540854790

[EDIT] - For slot value of $497,500 per Jim Callis.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimcallisMLB ... 0569635842


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 25, 2021, 2:24 PM Post
Posts: 160
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
brooks_quichenick said:
https://twitter.com/BrewersPD/status/1419335113670860802?s=20

2B Zack Raabe has been signed

Raabe signed for $25k below slot, according to this Jim Callis Tweet


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 26, 2021, 11:54 AM Post
Posts: 896
Brewers Player Development
@BrewersPD
16m
It's official! Carlos has signed a minor league contract with the
@Brewers


Brewers Player Development
@BrewersPD
17m
OF Tristan Peters signed his minor league contract today!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 26, 2021, 12:05 PM Post
Posts: 896
Jim Callis
@jimcallisMLB
1m
6th-rder Carlos Rodriguez signs w @Brewers for $250k (pick 177 value = $279,500). Florida Southwestern State JC RHP, low-90s fastball, solid slider, 2.11 ERA, 62 K in 47 IP.
@MLBDraft


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 26, 2021, 1:05 PM Post
Posts: 14
I know nothing, but I got a good feeling about Tristan Peters.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 26, 2021, 6:37 PM Post
Posts: 819
Location: Milwaukee
Wes Clarke was also drafted by the Brewers in 2018, 40th round. He chose the college route instead. Looks like the Brewers have been sweet on him for a while.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 26, 2021, 9:39 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 11590
The Reds signed the 17th overall pick Matt McLain for $4.625 million. That’s one million dollars over slot, and $625k more than what Sal Frelick signed for. I was disappointed the Brewers didn’t get McLain on draft night, but these financials are a good reminder why it’s so tough to really draw many conclusions on draft night. Without being privy to the negotiations going on in the background it’s impossible to understand all of the motivating factors at play for teams.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 27, 2021, 2:09 PM Post
Posts: 10255
snoogans8056 said:
I know nothing, but I got a good feeling about Tristan Peters.


Good call


https://twitter.com/jimcallismlb/status ... 47810?s=21

7th-rder Tristan Peters' bonus w/@Brewers is $147,500 (slot 207 value = $218,500). Southern Illinois OF, batted .355/.463/.548 w/14 SB, OBP guy, plus speed, solid defense in CF. @MLBDraft


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 27, 2021, 8:36 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10721
how much do they have let and who will they target?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021 Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-10
Posted: July 28, 2021, 11:21 AM Post
Posts: 998
Eye Black said:
The Reds signed the 17th overall pick Matt McLain for $4.625 million. That’s one million dollars over slot, and $625k more than what Sal Frelick signed for. I was disappointed the Brewers didn’t get McLain on draft night, but these financials are a good reminder why it’s so tough to really draw many conclusions on draft night. Without being privy to the negotiations going on in the background it’s impossible to understand all of the motivating factors at play for teams.


Kinda makes me wish we drafted McClain since I’m not in love with Frelick and it feels like we have money to burn without Riggio or Holton


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next  [ 523 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test