LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 19 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

BF.net loses free agent to Angels

Offline  BF.net loses free agent to Angels

Posted: July 26, 2008, 4:34 PM Post
Guys,

It is with great sadness that I report that I have lost my greatest teammate and best friend, my Dad, to the Angels today. A day after scoring the go-ahead run and catching the eye of Coach God for other talents, he is gone at the age of 48. While I am having trouble putting words onto screen right now, it's somewhat of a positive release in remembering how bad he wanted to play and spend that hour with me every week on the ball field. He was just saying yesterday what a good group of guys that we have together and really appreciated Kenny for allowing him to play and for the guys for accepting what was left of his aging arms and legs onto a team of mostly 20-somethings. I don't even know what tomorrow holds, but if I can't take the field on Friday, please take the field in the first inning with 9 men and leave a spot open for him to roam 2nd base for an inning, he'll be watching!

~~Luke

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 26, 2008, 4:49 PM Post

Brewerfan Netstro
Global Moderator
Wow, Luke. My best wishes are with you and your family right now, and if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 26, 2008, 5:23 PM Post
It was great that Steve was able to play with us and I'm glad he enjoyed it. He was always willing to play anywhere on the field and coach third as much as possible. He was the ultimate team player and an all around great guy. It was amazing that he was able to keep up with a bunch of kids half his age.

Luke, I wish you and your family the best. I'm here if you need anything.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 26, 2008, 11:20 PM Post
Luke,

my condolences to you and your family. Your father was fun to have around and was always smiling. If you need anything, you have my number.
-Nick

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 27, 2008, 4:17 AM Post
Luke,

I'm sorry to hear about you and your family's lost. Steve was a great guy to be around and always had a positive attitude towards everything. I'm also here for you if you need anything. I wish you and your family best wishes.

-Matt

One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wirele ... 9846693356

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 27, 2008, 7:22 AM Post
I still cannot believe this happened. I was around the man on three seperate occasions and whether it was simply BP or a game, Steve never had anything bad to say about anyone and just enjoyed to be out there with whatever he was doing. My best wishes to you and your family during this hard time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 27, 2008, 9:14 AM Post

I'm at a loss for words after hearing this news.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 27, 2008, 11:06 AM Post
Sorry to hear that Luke, he sounded like a great guy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 27, 2008, 11:34 AM Post
Thanks for all the well wishes and if anybody is interested in attending the Memorial, I'll post the information here when I decide on things tomorrow morning.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 27, 2008, 11:22 PM Post
My family will plan on attending.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 28, 2008, 4:41 AM Post
I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

Please do post the memorial information. I'll definitely attend.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 28, 2008, 5:51 AM Post
My prayers are with you and your family, Luke. I can't even imagine....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 28, 2008, 10:22 AM Post
For those wanting to attend the memorial services and viewing, that is scheduled for Wednesday Night from 4-7pm. A small service will then be from 7pm to 7:30pm. The location is the Borgwardt Advantage Funeral Home located at 110th & Forest Home in Hales Corners, WI. All of you and your families are welcome and encouraged to come, as I know he enjoyed the short amount of months and hours that he played with you all. The actual burial will be taking place around Black River Falls, WI on the following day, which is why we are having a seperate service here for friends, family, and co-workers who won't be traveling up north.

I wont be playing ball Thursday, but I fully expect to be there on Friday Night, wearing his jersey and getting some sort of comfort from being on the field. I'm hoping with Kenny and the team's permission, we can honor him by letting his spirit play 2nd base for the first inning of the first game and taking the field with 9 players. That was the position he always desired playing while playing with me in Florida, though he rarely got the chance the past few seasons given the shape of his knees.

Thanks again to all of you for your well wishes. This website never ceases to amaze in the quality of people and the friendships made that go beyond talking about baseball.

~Luke

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 28, 2008, 1:26 PM Post
Luke,

Hey Luke it's Dan Russell (the big guy that played 2nd base last friday if you don't remember). I'm terribly sorry to hear about the passing of your father. I hope that you can find comfort during this time and I just wanted to send you my wishes. I'll see you Friday.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 28, 2008, 3:45 PM Post
Hi Luke,

It's Nick's wife, April. I am so very very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. May your second base Angel guide and comfort you.
Blessings to you and your family.

-April

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2008, 2:45 AM Post
Global Moderator
I lost my father at an early age as well. I am sorry for the loss all of you are experiencing and I sincerely offer an ear if you'd ever want to talk.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2008, 11:00 AM Post
Luke, I am very sorry for your loss and I hope you and your family can find the strength to get through this rough time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 31, 2008, 4:15 PM Post
Luke, my best to you and yours. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

-Erin

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: BF.net loses free agent to Angels

Posted: July 25, 2016, 10:27 PM Post
It's been 8 years now since that night he scored the walk-off winning run for the only time in his life and then he was gone the next morning. Lives change, we move forward in many different directions and I just wanted to resurrect this thread to say thank you to everybody's comforting thoughts and especially to remember all the friendships that have continued to this day because of BF.net softball and the quality human beings the team has brought together over the years.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 19 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply