LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

MKE batting cages?

Offline  MKE batting cages?

Posted: May 08, 2006, 11:47 AM Post
Global Moderator
I'm way too lazy to grab the yellow pages. I figured others may be interested in this topic as well (maybe) so:

Where are some softball batting cages in Milwaukee?

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2006, 12:24 PM Post
Grand Slam USA, on Howell just north of grange

River Falls, just east of 60th on Layton ave.

Thats all I have, but any in the oak creek/racine area would be appreciated.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2006, 1:05 PM Post

Director of Amateur Baseball Operations
Global Moderator
bball just mentioned the two that are closest to my house that I'm aware of. River Falls' cages are outdoors if that helps.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2006, 2:24 PM Post
I forgot the name of the place since I haven't been there in a while, but there's an outdoor batting cage right off I-94 at the Bluemound Rd. Exit.

It's a mini golf course that has batting cages as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2006, 3:26 PM Post
Also indoors is Mike Hegan's Field of Dreams in the New Berlin area IIRC, along with Burghardts Sporting goods on capital in Brookfield.

The cages I miss most were at Willows on 27th street, but they sadly closed a couple years ago.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2006, 10:21 PM Post

Director of Site Operations
Board Administrator
[ I forgot the name of the place since I haven't been there in a while, but there's an outdoor batting cage right off I-94 at the Bluemound Rd. Exit.

It's a mini golf course that has batting cages as well. ]

It's called "Swing Time", and it's on Hwy 164 and Main Street in Waukesha. That's the place where I usually put on my raking demonstrations.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2006, 10:52 PM Post
Brian, he's thinking of Prarieville.

Swing Time is where I go as well. I can get five sets of hacks at 8:30 am Sundays without anyone watching (and laughing at) me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2006, 12:28 AM Post
mike hegan's is located on cleveland avenue just west of moorland. havent been in their new location yet, but i liked the old one off 124th

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2006, 7:36 AM Post
Thanks for the thread. I was going to go to the Willows tonight and tear the cover off a few and then hit a bucket of balls, but I was unaware that they were closed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2006, 8:22 AM Post
are any of these places indoor? I want to go this week, but if it's raining, I'll want to hit inside.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2006, 8:48 AM Post
Mike Hegans, Grand Slam, and Burghardts are all indoor.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2006, 8:56 AM Post
Global Moderator
I'm going to go to Hegan's tonight, probably around 6:30 or 7. I missed Sunday's practice and I feel like taking some cuts.

I just hope I don't rip too many holes in the cage or have everyone stop what they are doing to watch me and ask for my autograph again. It's getting bothersome. If you're there, you'll know who I am just by the deafening sound of the ball exploding off the bat. I like to wear a large pair of headphones (like you'd wear in a shooting range) when I hit to protect myself from hearing damage. I'm gonna wear a skin tight neoprene shirt to display the pythons for all to see.
I like to grab like 6-7 bats for practice swings to warm up, I do some push-ups in the cage too. I also like to run laps around the inside of the cage to loosen up the ol' legs of swiftness. Sometimes I have to bandage up my whold right forearm with ace bandages and wrist bands to avoid having the triceps rip out of my skin again (they are bulging ya know).
I think I'm going to change the name on my jersey to "Crusher" and I'll probably carry a garden rake in my bat bag just so people know ahead of time to fear me. I'm also going to spray paint lightning bolts on by equiptment bag and have "Slugger" carved into my hair on the side of my head.
I went out and got myself that pink Jenny Finch bat too. I don't care if it's pink, I plan on hitting so much the paint will just melt off the bat anyway.

edit: I just got back from the store. I went and bought some Wheaties for extra insurance. I'm going to write to them and offer my face for their cereal boxes.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply