LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 13 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Account migration and setup

Offline  Account migration and setup

Posted: February 11, 2012, 6:09 AM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator
Hello, and welcome to the new Brewerfan.net Fan Forum. As you know, our time at Yuku was frustrating, to say the least. We hope that our new home will offer a better user experience.

Yuku Members

Your Yuku login credentials will not work here. Old Yuku forum members have accounts reserved. Please e-mail brewerfan@lambeauleap.net for login instructions and a temporary password. (Yes, it's a LambeauLeap.net address; Brewerfan.net e-mail is temporarily down.)

If you previously had a Brewerfan account and you've already been issued a LambeauLeap temporary login, it should work over here. E-mail brewerfan@lambeauleap.net if it doesn't.

We're going to try to be available to process requests as quickly as possible, especially over the first few days. If you haven't received a temporary password within 24 hours, please send another request. Before sending a second request, please check your spam folder; your login information may have landed in there.

If you'd like to post under a different name, you can either:

• Ask for a name change when you request your password (post count will be retained).
  • Register for a new account according to the "New Members" directions below (post count will not be retained).

After receiving a temporary password, we recommend that you create a permanent password. Details are provided in this topic: Changing your password.

If you've received a password and are still unable to log in or post, please don't hesitate to send an e-mail to brewerfan@lambeauleap.net. If you're able to post and have an issue that may be of interest to others, please post to the Issues Forum. If the issue is of a private nature, please send an e-mail to brewerfan@lambeauleap.net.

Please do not use the Yuku PM system to contact us.

New Members

If you've just found this forum and wish to join, please register for a new account. A registration link is available to logged out visitors in the top right hand corner of every page on the board. New members will need to be approved to post and agree to follow forum rules. Approval is a manual process. We'll try to make that happen as quickly as possible.

Update your Bookmarks

Please make sure that you update your bookmarks.

Thanks! [smile]

Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation. While there are bound to be a few glitches, we hope to make this move happen as smoothly as possible.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Account migration and setup

Posted: February 12, 2012, 11:35 AM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
The change came as a bit of a shock... I actually check this subforum somewhat regularly, & didn't hear a peep about this. Very sneaky [smile]

And I'll actually endorse the phpBB forum format. A baseball sim-league I'm in uses it, and it's pretty user-friendly imo... well, at least compared to Yuku.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2012, 12:20 PM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator
Just to answer a couple of quick questions that are likely to come up…

Yes, there will be chat once things have settled down.

And yes, you will be able to post videos. The BBCodes to do it need a little bit more testing. We'll definitely be able to post video from YouTube, mlb.com, and The Onion. If there are any other services you'd like to suggest, I can play around and see how they work (when I have time [smile]).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2012, 1:29 PM Post
This was a big shock to me. I usually at least look at most topics even if I don't read them all the way through. I know that the moderators were displeased with Yuku.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2012, 2:44 PM Post
I knew something was up when a link to the forum popped up on Yuku Friday night. :p

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: February 12, 2012, 3:03 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
adamb100 said:
I knew something was up when a link to the forum popped up on Yuku Friday night. :p

I saw that too... definitely got a little scared there... but then everything was just back to normal/Yuku

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2012, 3:20 PM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator
LambeauLeap is open for business. [smile]

http://forum.lambeauleap.net/

If you already have a LambeauLeap account and you've already been issued a Brewerfan temporary password, you can use that information to log in over there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2012, 3:30 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Thanks, Casey.

And, to clarify, you have to use the temp. password that was given to you in the support email. You can't use your updated/personalized password that you set for the new BF.net forums. Just an fyi for other users.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2012, 3:34 PM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator
Yes, use the temporary password.

The boards have separate logins, so you'll have to change your password separately. However, the initial credentials we give you will be the same.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2012, 4:10 PM Post
Is it possible to display more posts/page on here? I used to love back in the day being able to see every post in a thread on one page.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2012, 4:29 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Yeah, I played around to try & alter that too, brett, obviously with no luck.

Also, I think I can sheepishly admit that my favorite part of the move away from Yuku thus far is that I can actually use the baseball 'new post' icon

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2012, 4:47 PM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator
I looked in the obvious place, but I don't see a way to do that. [sad]

I'll keep an eye open, though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2012, 4:56 PM Post
It is a board setting and not an individual one. I bumped it up to 20. Too high and it will impact performance. We'll have to compromise here.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 13 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply