LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 8 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

a "Like" option

Offline  a "Like" option

Posted: February 04, 2016, 11:33 AM Post
I've seen this before listed in the discussion forums, but not sure if anyone ever posted this here. you've probably already considered it, but just wanted to throw out there in case you haven't - about have a "like" or "heart" or "thumb up" option for each post, maybe located at the bottom of their post next to "quote" and "reply". I have no idea the feasibility of something like this, but would definitely appreciate and utilize that option. many times I am sitting nodding my head in avid agreement to something with no way to affirm the poster or add extra weight to the idea without having to add an additional post that is redundant to the discussion or just say, "great post", because that is awkward at times to the flow of the board- and I'd be doing it all the time.

I think a thumb down option could also work, but don't like its negative connotation which could be used to bully or create anxiety, discouraging someone from posting, which I think goes against the atmosphere that this board aims to create.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: a "Like" option

Posted: February 04, 2016, 2:34 PM Post
It already has this if you use Tapatalk

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 04, 2016, 7:01 PM Post
Tapatalk sucks.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 05, 2016, 12:18 PM Post
Crash2303 said:
I've seen this before listed in the discussion forums, but not sure if anyone ever posted this here. you've probably already considered it, but just wanted to throw out there in case you haven't - about have a "like" or "heart" or "thumb up" option for each post, maybe located at the bottom of their post next to "quote" and "reply". I have no idea the feasibility of something like this, but would definitely appreciate and utilize that option. many times I am sitting nodding my head in avid agreement to something with no way to affirm the poster or add extra weight to the idea without having to add an additional post that is redundant to the discussion or just say, "great post", because that is awkward at times to the flow of the board- and I'd be doing it all the time.

I think a thumb down option could also work, but don't like its negative connotation which could be used to bully or create anxiety, discouraging someone from posting, which I think goes against the atmosphere that this board aims to create.

"LIKE"

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 05, 2016, 3:35 PM Post
logan82 said:
Tapatalk sucks.

If by suck you mean awesome, then I completely agree.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: a

Posted: February 05, 2016, 6:06 PM Post
recte44 said:
logan82 said:
Tapatalk sucks.

If by suck you mean awesome, then I completely agree.

Nope I mean it's a piece of crap.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 05, 2016, 8:26 PM Post
Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2016, 8:21 AM Post

Director of Site Operations
Board Administrator
It would have to be an addon for phpBB or built into phpBB. But I feel ya. Having not really been around recently and therefore not using phpBB, my instinct was to try to find the like button.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 8 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply