LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 3 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

brewers alumni page

Offline  brewers alumni page

Posted: March 29, 2016, 12:52 PM Post
I always appreciate the alumni page that is posted each year, highlighting mostly significant players from the year before. I love to check up on former brewer players and farmhands throughout the year and am glad when updates are posted that guys like Scarpetta are still bouncing around trying to make it or that Segura (and weeks!) is tearing it up in spring training. However, with so many guys who have left the organization both in the majors and in the minors I think it would be awesome to have a anchored forum topic (probably in the minors forums) with updates from former brewer system players, with the first post, a listing of all the current professional players, listed by league level, with a link to their stat page. I remember a few years back there was one that was kept pretty up to date. this would keep things streamlined in the brewers transactions pages.

anyway, was wondering if that was in the works this year, and if not the reasons why- and if one of them is having someone to post it and keep it updated, I would be willing to make the initial post and do my best to keep it updated.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: brewers alumni page

Posted: March 29, 2016, 3:56 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
The most recent something like this was the 2015 thread here.

We will work on modifying it to include departures from last year so you'll have a two-year base, but there are no plans to go back beyond that, such as listing Carlos Villanueva, Brett Lawrie, etc. within an absolute and complete alumni list.

Wait for the new thread to post in a week or two. If you wanted to expand that in a similar format as linked above with alumni from earlier years, feel free and we'll merge the two, thanks.

But to be honest, most folks would only want to keep tabs on the more recent departures, one would think.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: brewers alumni page

Posted: April 13, 2016, 12:02 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
This has been posted, thanks for the reminder.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 3 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply