LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 2 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Forum Tone

Offline  Forum Tone

Posted: August 07, 2017, 8:05 PM Post
I've been a "member" of BF.net since 2001 or 2002. I was largely absent from posting and viewing from 2012 through to a couple of months ago. It is just my impression that the tone utilized between users today is much more snarky and argumentative than it was in the past. Rather than discussions, it seems as if everything is a constant argument and there are many more instances of "personal attacks" that are veiled to not cross the forum rules.

Is this just my perception. Is this just sports discussions today that everything must have a "one up the other" mentality. It just feels more like "Around the Horn" or "Pardon the Interruption" like rather than a group of fans discussing a common interest. I'm not sure there is anything that can be done about it. I just wondered if it was me getting older and not understanding the passionate generation of fans behind me? Or maybe my perceptions are just off? It just doesn't feel like the BF.net I grew up with.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Forum Tone

Posted: August 08, 2017, 6:07 AM Post
No, you are right. The tone of the board has shifted quite dramatically over the last couple years. There is a lot more use of acronyms instead of actually typing things out as well.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 2 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply