LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 39 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Link Report for Thurs. 5/10 -- Stars win to grab division lead; Sounds walk off

Offline  Link Report for Thurs. 5/10 -- Stars win to grab division lead; Sounds walk off

Posted: May 10, 2012, 12:15 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Link Report for Thurs. 5/10 -- Stars Go for Sole Possession of 1st; Division-Leading Rattlers on TV

Posted: May 10, 2012, 12:18 PM Post

Global Moderator
Thursday's Daily Menu:

All times are Central

Nashville: RHP Mark Rogers at home vs. Colorado Springs (Rockies), 6:50 PM pre-game, 7:05 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Jeff Hem is the new play-by-play voice of the Sounds; follow him on Twitter @jeffhempbp; we'll link to his blog updates at On the Air…and Off

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; all Nashville games, home and away, will be available to watch via MiLB.TV's $39.99 season-long package ($9.99 to pay for a single month). We imagine the audio feed is from the home team. All MiLB.TV details available at the link.

Huntsville: RHP Josh Stinson at Jackson (Mariners), 6:50 PM pre-game, 7:05 gametime

Free Live Audio Link -- Select the Huntsville feed from the MiLB main audio page

I-Phone friendly audio link

Alex Cohen is the new play-by-play voice of the Stars; follow him on Twitter @alexmcohen. It's fantastic that Huntsville is returning to what will be a traditional broadcast format this year. All games, home and away, are scheduled to be broadcast.

MiLB.TV subsciption note: A total of 24 Stars' games (in Jacksonville and Tennessee) will be broadcast.

Brevard County: RHP Brooks Hall at home vs. St. Lucie (Mets), 5:35 PM gametime; RHP Brandon Williamson will follow in a tandem effort

Free Live Audio Link -- Select the St. Lucie feed from the MiLB main audio page

Once again this season, Brevard does not have its own audio coverage. It appears two teams in the Manatees North Division (within which the majority of games are played) have audio, and all six teams in the South Division have audio (at least for their home games), so there will be opportunities to listen to approx. 70% or Brevard's games this season, just all from the opponent's perspective. There are no Florida State League games on MiLB.TV this year.

Wisconsin: RHP David Goforth at home vs. Quad Cities (Cardinals), 6:15 PM pre-game, 6:35 gametime; RHP Chad Pierce will once again follow in a tandem effort

Free Live Audio Link - 1280 AM WNAM

Chris Mehring is back to do his customary fantastic work as the Voice of the Rattlers. Follow him on Twitter @CMehring; we'll link to Chris' infamous blog often -- Rattler Radio.

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; Wisconsin is one of only two (Great Lakes) Midwest League clubs that have all their home games available via MiLB.TV; Chris' call provides the audio. So for the $39.95 season-long package, fans in Brewer Nation can watch all Sounds games, all Timber Rattlers home games, and 24 Stars' road games (one Helena series this summer, too).

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Link Report for Thurs. 5/10 -- Stars Go for Sole Possession of 1st; Division-Leading Rattlers on TV

Posted: May 10, 2012, 12:20 PM Post

Global Moderator
Follow Thursday's action as it happens with box score / game log links:

Nashville

Huntsville

Brevard County

Wisconsin

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 12:20 PM Post

Global Moderator
STANDINGS:

AAA - Pacific Coast League American Northern Division

AA - Southern League North Division

High-A - Florida State League North Division

A - Midwest League Western Division

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 12:25 PM Post

Global Moderator
To see tweets as to when the Link Report has been technically "completed" with available links, as well as to know when the new day's Report has been posted, please follow @Mass_Haas on Twitter

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 12:31 PM Post

Global Moderator
Reminder from Brevard Media Relations:

St. Lucie is expected to send 2007 Major League All-Star Chris Young to the mound. The 32-year-old righty signed a minor league contract with the Mets in the offseason and is recovering from a torn anterior capsule in his shoulder.

Young has started 139 games in eight big league seasons and at six feet ten inches tall, stands as one of the tallest players in baseball history. He is a former Manatee as he went 5-2 with a 1.62 ERA in eight starts back in 2003 when Brevard County was affiliated with the Montreal Expos.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 12:56 PM Post

Global Moderator
You've had your reminders, the Rattlers are on TWC Sports 32 tonight. Of course, Chris Mehring's fine call is also available, particularly for those outside the TV viewing zone, via our Daily Menu audio link above.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 1:18 PM Post

Global Moderator
Nashville Media Notes

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 2:11 PM Post

Global Moderator
From the Manatees:

Late this afternoon, St. Lucie added Ronny Cedeno to their roster on MLB rehab. He will be in the lineup tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 4:21 PM Post
Time for Brooks Hall to establish himself as a top prospect.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 4:55 PM Post
This is a heck of story...

Crooked Numbers: Bees and E's

My favorite part:
"I turned around and saw my second baseman lying on the ground, and I stepped off the rubber to see what was going on -- I thought he was hurt, maybe," said Hassebrock. "And then our shortstop hit the dirt, and there was a base runner on second base, and I think he thought we were trying to pick him off, because he dove back to the bag on his face and he didn't know what was going on. And this was before I even saw one bee.

"Then the umpire hit the dirt, my outfielders were running around, and I started walking to the dugout, and before I knew it everyone on the field was on the ground and I was just walking to the dugout. Then the whole dugout started screaming at me, "Hass get on the ground!" like there was a bomb about to go off, so I got on the ground. And then I heard the bees -- just a huge swarm of them right over the infield. It was wild; I'd never seen anything like it. I was laughing my face off, lying down on the ground."

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
- Plato
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
- Plato

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Link Report for Thurs. 5/10 -- Stars win to grab division lead; Sounds walk off

Posted: May 10, 2012, 5:09 PM Post
Chris Mehring is going to move up quick in this business. Fantastic TV spot with Max Walla tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: May 10, 2012, 5:31 PM Post
Tedaldtada said:
Chris Mehring is going to move up quick in this business. Fantastic TV spot with Max Walla tonight.

I don't know, he seems to have ties in the area, one would think he's had plenty of opportunities to move up. We've been blessed with him in WI and Wendt in Helena, actually we've always had pretty good radio coverage compared to the peers in the same league. I really liked the Power's announcer and his home run call, but for the life of me right now I can't remember his name. There's been so much turnover at AA and AAA that I haven't latched onto to those guys much over the last couple of years.

I used to listen to parts of 3 or 4 games a night when Helena was in action, now I'm pretty down to 2, going from WI to Helena if I have time.

I should ask, is still Steve still in Helena? Last summer was so crappy for me I didn't catch a single Helena game.

edit. WV's announcer was Andy Barch and yes Steve is still in Helena.

Last edited by TheCrew07 on May 10, 2012, 5:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
- Plato
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
- Plato

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 5:49 PM Post
Ramirez is in the line-up for the T-Rats at DH, I must have missed that move. They said he arrived just in time to make the line-up.

- Plato
- Plato

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Link Report for Thurs. 5/10 -- Stars win to grab division lead; Sounds walk off

Posted: May 10, 2012, 5:56 PM Post
Goforth just flashed a plus curve ball on the outside corner to K a Quad Cities hitter looking. And another for strike one to the next batter.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 5:58 PM Post

Global Moderator
Huntsville Media Notes

Wisconsin Media Notes

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 6:06 PM Post

Global Moderator
Audio from Nashville — “Talking (Brew) Crew with Craig (Counsell)”

Jeff Hem's note -- Tonight’s interview is with Craig Counsell, a 15-year major league veteran who retired after last season and now works in the Brewers’ front office under Doug Melvin. He is in town for a few days to watch the Sounds as he makes his way around the Brewers farm system.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 6:18 PM Post

Global Moderator
RHP Wily Peralta on Nashville Sports Radio today

A pretty darn entertaining twelve minutes, actually...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 7:37 PM Post
St. Lucie (Mets) 4 Brevard County 3

Box Score

The Manatees almost came back, but it was not to be. Brooks Hall started and was pretty fantastic. 5 IP 3 H 1 R 1 ER 1 BB 5 K 3:5 GO:FO. Could this be the jump in stuff we have been hoping for? 13 K in 13.2 IP for Brooks. Brandon Williamson followed and was not his best. The homer he gave up in the 9th was the difference. The Mets' 1-3 hitters were 0-12, including Greg's son, Cory Vaughn.

T.J. Mittelstaedt (2-4) hit a homer, his 3rd, and stole a base. Nick Shaw got back on track with two hits including a 2B. Lots of missed chances for the 'Tees.

Game Log

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2012, 7:46 PM Post
So, I am going up Nort (not a misspell) this weekend. Can someone cover for me the next two nights?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 39 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply