LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Link Report for Sun. 5/27 -- Way Up Today: Yadiel Rivera and the Rattlers; Way Down Today: Peralta and Jungmann

Offline  Re: Link Report for Sun. 5/27 -- Way Up Today: Yadiel Rivera and the Rattlers; Way Down Today: Peralta and Jungmann

Posted: May 28, 2012, 4:06 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Audio from Nashville — “(Rob) Wooten’s Words”

Jeff Hem's note: Today’s interview is with Sounds reliever Rob Wooten, a former North Carolina Tar Heel who describes the Sounds’ recent hot streak, his transition from Double-A Huntsville to the Sounds, his memories of the ’06 and ’07 College World Series finals when his Heels lost to Oregon State and his comeback from “Tommy John” elbow ligament replacement surgery in ’10.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: May 28, 2012, 12:51 PM Post
markedman5 said:
How can Peralta go from being dominant last year to horrible a year later?

We are going to need to rebuild and it sure doesn't look like we have the pieces in place in the minors to do it.

WOW....knee jerk much?

Peralta's struggled in three starts.
Jungman's struggled in one and at this point of the season, his ERA after allowing 9 ER's..in how many innings pitched is still 4.02.

And we all know that if you have 7-8 high ceiling arms, not ONLY are they all going to struggle at times, but some of them will never do anything in the big leagues.

And when a guy throws in the upper 90's and can sit in the low to mid 90's, get GB's and get K's, it can sometimes be just a mechanical adjustment.

It can also be an injury. Serious, minor...I don't know.

But I find it ridiculous to throw up your arms after getting two bad starts and say, "well, there goes our future through the farm!"

Peralta's 22 years old. Jungman is 22 years old. Peralta's concern is obviously more pressing, but still...

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Link Report for Sun. 5/27 -- Way Up Today: Yadiel Rivera and the Rattlers; Way Down Today: Peralta and Jungmann

Posted: May 28, 2012, 3:03 PM Post
Just would like to see steady progress from Peralta. Clearly he has taken a couple of steps back this year. Is he hurt? I haven't seen anything to suggest he is.

Jungman won't be ready next year and to be honest I wasn't all that high on him after watching him pitch in the college World series last year. His stuff looked average to me.

Obviously he can improve and I could turn out to be wrong.

All I'm saying is we are in all liklihood going to need to replace 3 if not 4 starters next season. I was hoping that Peralta, Thornburg, and maybe Fiers could be in the mix.

Maybe they still will be but other then TT none of them are having the kind of season that gives you much hope that they are part of the solution for 2013.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply